Any deer hunters on SP??

Help Support Steer Planet:

FutureBreeder2013

GC said:
About two weeks ago a farmer found a 5x5 whitetail out in a alflafa feild that scored 208! Aparently it died of natural causes.... The really bad thing was that the feild they found him in was within a mile of some of our ground! I had seen him once last year while i was in a bow stand but couldnt get a shot because of brush. wish i coulda got him this year before he died.

wow must have been some buck to score 208 as a 5 x 5

Wisrose

My 14yr. old son shot this Saturday a.m. at 20 yrds. It's 12
points with a 20" inside spread. He's loves to hunt!
DSC01857.jpg

Wisrose

Around 157 unofficial. It has 2 small measurable sticker points by the base and one extra tine.
DSC01858.jpg

shortdawg

That's when you call me and invite me to go duck hunting on the Trinity River ? Floating acorns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

Show Steaks

Rut is in full swing here in IA the bucks are running everywhere(including the road) we have found 2 high 140 8 points withina mile of each other this year........It's a good buck crop this year the really grew some racks to hang on the wall. i'm gonna try to poke a real unique 12 point(8x4)

shortdawg

OqRanch said:
;D You've got that right.  Ducks are everywhere on our lease.  Now they just have a better place to hang out.

Like I said - have gun - will travel - just waiting on an invite ! We mostly just hunt the rut on deer here b/c when dove and duck seasons come in the deer hunting is OVER !

jason

OqRanch said:
My husband hit a deer in his work car. (yep...totaled it)  Don't even ask...........the meat was destroyed too.

I almost nailed a decent sized buck in the suburb of KC over by Shawnee Mission Drive.  Apparently they overpopulated the area and they have sent sharp shooters in at night to pick them off.

coachmac

Love to deer hunt.  Have a few around our area, but I would love to go north and hunt the big bodied WT's.  Would love to go hunt elk but basketball and teaching seem to seriously deplete the amount of hunting time I get to take.  Never fails, fall seems to be my busiest season so the hunting suffers immensely.  I do love it though and jump at every opportunity.... bow and gun.  Good luck to everyone hitting the woods/trails/fields/ponds!!!

Davis Shorthorns

shortdawg said:
That's when you call me and invite me to go duck hunting on the Trinity River ? Floating acorns !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

ohh ohh ohh I want to come to!!!!  Opening weekend was last weekend and I didn't get to go out.  :(

knabe

politicians in california are complaining the feral pig population is going down because they regulate it.

as far as i'm concerned, every wild pig in california deserves to be on a table.

they are destructive to the very environment the politicians claim they (the politicians, well, i guess they are the real pigs) are protecting.

once again,  cognitive dissonance.

randiliana

Here is the one my son got yesterday. I believe he scored 157 1/8. Not too bad for his first deer. Got him in one shot.

Attachments

• xy_DSC01007.JPG
    xy_DSC01007.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 164
  • xy_DSC01008.JPG
    xy_DSC01008.JPG
    85.9 KB · Views: 163

Wisrose

Nice Mule Deer! My kids are dreaming of the day they can go west and shoot elk and mule deer. Right now they are looking into goose hunting trips ::). It's always a season for something around here!