Any info on these Simmental bulls?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Simmgal

Sorry if this has been answered in another post, but I looked and couldn't find some of these bulls. I am looking to order some semen for flushes and breeding here soon, and I was wondering if anyone had any feedback or information/calves on these Simmi bulls, and any comments on what they add/take away etc.

BRM Explorer
Westfall Voyager
GCC Chopper
Harkers/JS Domination---Seen any calves?
HTP/SVF In Dew Time
SVF Star Power (Is he as bad as everyone says?)
Nichols Manifest
NLC Fortunate Son
THSF Black Pearl---Seen any calves?
3C Macho
Sheriff Taylor
Mo Better
NLC Superior

Is Steel Force worth the $250 a unit?
And if I want some Meyer, should I pay the $650 for him, or pay the $30 for Meyer's Climax (triple bred 734)?

If any of y'all have any suggestions on other Simmi bulls that you think would make some competetive show heifers or bulls, please let me know! I already have some Fat Butt, Trademark, Dream On, Built Right, Dominique and Upgrade

Thanks!  ;D

Simmgal

And I am also curious as to what y'all think would be a good bull to flush the heifer in my profile picture to!

Bulldaddy

In Dew Time--Calves are moderate and thick, maybe a little short necked.  Use him on some cows with good milk epds.  Some I have raised weren't real friendly.

Star Power--Adds frame and bone.  Mine milk good and have excellent dispositions.  Birth weights are a little higher than average but no pulls.

Macho--One of my favorites.  Works best on Angus and SimAngus cows or Simmental cows that are small to moderate, deep bodied with sound legs.  Great dispositions.

Sheriff Taylor--used him some and the calves were just so, so.  Probably just luck of the draw.

Mo  Better--had a heifer win her class at Houston two years ago sired by Mo Better out of a Cisco donor.  He can make some really nice show heifers.  Also, works great on Angus.  Out of Simmental you may get more white that you want.

Speaking of Meyers 734, if I were flushing a  really good Angus cow I would spend the money and use 734 instead of a son just because of his reputation.  I have seen some really plain 734s bring good money.  Personally, I think the Machos are much better.

Simmgal

Thanks PTR! Ihave an In Dew Time daughter with a short neck, and I thought it was her mom, but i guess it wasn't! Thanks again!

And I have heard that Meyer works best in club calf scenarios. Is this true, or does he work good in a purebred setting?

wyatt

i have an awsome star power steer and meyer 734 there is a full sib meyer 735 luaghtner owns him hes alot cheaper

LN

In Dew Time - He has never missed on any cow I've bred him to. He works on a lot of types. Very sound, deep bodied and attractive. My IDT's have great dispositions. I'm kinda wishing I used more of him this past year.

Star Power - Definitely adds eye appeal, soundness, muscle and bone. I've heard his calves can have nervous dispositions but mine have great dispositions. My SP females weaned their first calves this past April and they did a great job.

TXSimmy

wyatt said:
i have an awsome star power steer and meyer 734 there is a full sib meyer 735 luaghtner owns him hes alot cheaper

not full sibs. 735 is a 3C Macho X Irish Whiskey

wyatt

M  Rock Farm said:
wyatt said:

sorry my mistake and there is a bull called theobald he works awesome

Simmgal

wyatt said:
M  Rock Farm said:
wyatt said:

sorry my mistake and there is a bull called theobald he works awesome
Isn't he a 1/2 Simmental though?

wyatt

yes i know he goes back to a maine bull with th you are probly looking for purebred tho right?

WKYIronMike

Some others I like:
ACC1 Hustler
CAJS The Conductor
CNS Pays to Dream
Dikeman's Double Down
GWS/SCF Rendition
JS Burning Up
Js Analyze This
KSU Venom
Remington Lock N Load
Macho As U
SS On Star
SS Undreamabull
Ebonys Grandmaster
Of the ones you have mentioned I like:
Westfall Voyager
Chopper
Star Power- He's given me only good reports so far don't know where all the bad hype has come from but it's out there.
Black Pearl
3c Macho
Explorer
Steel Force is really nice but I wouldn't spend the money for him, to many other nice simmi's out there. Never was really a fan of Meyer 734 and In Dew Time even though they have had so many offspring do nicely, just my preference I suppose. Sheriff Taylor's are just average. Like Mo Town better than Mo Better even if Mo Better is better known. An older bull that has gave me great heifers is Mr MT.

mego

The Explorer's and Voyager's are really good...I would pay the extra for the Steel Force instead of the Chopper if you are flushing...I would just use Built Right or Explorer instead of Dew Time or Star Power...they are okay but aren't nearly as marketable...make sure the ones you breed to Macho have enough to them, don't just use him to stouten them up..and Mo Better works well. My experience with Meyer has been good..although you have to use him on the right kind...and I have never had to pay that kind of money for it, and I just use one straw to flush with and usually get all #1's...its real high quality.

Simmgal

Thanks everyone! This is helping!  ;D Has anyone heard about Domination? His picture looks pretty good, but what do his calves look like?

WKY: What are the calves out of Black Pearl like? Do you have any pictures?

WKYIronMike

Simmgal: I've got two Registered Cows AIed to him to calve this fall. I haven't seen any calves from him yet with him being a newer bull but I've only heard likes about him. I've majored in Agriculture, and consider myself a pretty well judge on bulls, even though we all misjudge a few no matter what. I'm really expecting mine to be sharp. It just comes down to the mating between the dam and the sire and what characteristics you are desiring.

firesweepranch

Simmgal said:
Thanks everyone! This is helping!  ;D Has anyone heard about Domination? His picture looks pretty good, but what do his calves look like?

WKY: What are the calves out of Black Pearl like? Do you have any pictures?
Not good so far for Domination. Have seen one calf out of him, NOT impressed at all. Fine boned, no muscle. Not impressed (yet), but hard to judge on just one calf, and a young one at that. Now with that said I have 4 embryos in the tank I got from Burke that are Domination x Zeis cow. So I guess I will have my own to judge next year (hopefully!)

SIMMY BREEDER

I have 2 Dominations on the ground they are march calves I believe, one heifer and one bull the heifer is as stout as they come and super cool. she will be towards the top end this year, the bull calf is an ET(of course) and is a nice bull cant say he is the greatest one Ive raised but not a junker either. the bull is out of a Dream On X Ebonys Joy L123 and the heifer is out of a Red Label X Ebonys Joy L123 (full sister to our Premium Blend Bull)  all and all very pleased with these two I really like his full brother owned by Cmor beef that was Res.  at NAILE he just didnt freeze semen in time before going out with cows . they should get a bank this fall.
I have one explorer  bull calf out of Grandmasters sister and he looks to be pretty stout for his age with a cool look. We will keep an eye on him as the summer passes. his disposition is fine but I have had trouble out of explorers sire Voyager before.

Simmgal

Thanks again everyone! I appreciate how much information I am getting! This has definately helped! (clapping)

wyatt

i will get a pic of my star power steer for you he is out of an average maine cow and he gets a couple bed things right from the cow

Jenny