Any one Good With PhotoShop???

Help Support Steer Planet:

Status
Not open for further replies.

RSC

Just wondering if anyone would be willing to take halters out of a few pictures for me?

Thanks,

RSC

Bawndoh

Send em my way.  I use Photoshop every day as a photographer.

BIGTEX

TheTruth said:
Bawndoh said:

If so, I hope you do not use Photoshop to misrepresent what some cattle truly look like by doctoring their pictures to hide their defects. 

Thank goodness we have someone to be our moral compass. Have you ever seen a Show Circuit? I think most pics of bulls people are promoting are altered a little. Even if it is just taking the halter off.

farmboy

i dont think theirs anything wrong with taking halters off,  its when ever we use a clone stamp to  extend a neck or hide little imperfectinos

my 2 pennies worth  <cowboy>

red

I'm not sure removing a halter is altering the picture. Unless you are firming up the neck also or changing the confirmation of the animal it should be ok. Also I know tony to be a very honest person so doubt if he'd do anything to misrepresent his cattle.

JMO, Red

farwest

hmmmmmm!!!!!          i just don't know guys, ..................  i just don't know,  this is life altering.

DL

BIGTEX said:
TheTruth said:
Bawndoh said:

If so, I hope you do not use Photoshop to misrepresent what some cattle truly look like by doctoring their pictures to hide their defects. 

Thank goodness we have someone to be our moral compass. Have you ever seen a Show Circuit? I think most pics of bulls people are promoting are altered a little. Even if it is just taking the halter off.

Query? if most of the bulls are altered does that make it right?

Davis Shorthorns

DL said:
BIGTEX said:
TheTruth said:
Bawndoh said:

Query? if most of the bulls are altered does that make it right?

NO! end of story.  Altering a pict. is lying.  But at the same time I don't believe that taking off some mud or removing a halter is wrong.  That doesn't change how the animal is being represented.  Just cleaning it up a bit.  BIG difference in my opinion.

showsteerdlux

I totally agree with Davis Shorthorns. All that removing the halter is doing is giving a viewer a natural look  of the calf without obstructions. If someone is extremely worried about not seeing the calf for what it is I'm sure most of these farms would be glad to have the people look at the calves in person
O yea, why is it that every time someone ask a simple question on here lately that they get accused of cheating, misrepresenting so on and so forth??

We are all Beef producers and instead of criticizing one another all the time can we not help each other most of the time. As I said a couple weeks ago I guess it would be way to easy to do this wouldn't it.

Bawndoh

Bawndoh said:

Wow...I never thought I would get so much action from my post.  I said that I use Photoshop every day as a photographer.  Its funny to hear everyone else's idea of "photoshop".  Sorry, but there is a difference between a pro and an amature using it. 
I do not think it is right to stretch, pull necks, but if you take some hair off here and there where you could have actually clipped it, then who cares.  Get over yourself, the world is not ever going to be perfect.  If you know someone who is using it and you dont like it, then dont buy there cattle.  Simple as that!  I think that the extent some people go to....IE, placing a photo of an animal onto a totally different background IMO is useless and unnecessary.  There are some things that I think are OK when using Photoshop, and some that are completely unnecessary.  It is like one producer having cattle that can grow 3 more inches of hair than the next...that can be used as just as big of a weapon as photoshop!

Bawndoh

My job of simply taking the halter off.  Using Adobe Photoshop CS2. 
Before and After

Attachments

• BBEFORE.jpg
    BBEFORE.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 454
  • after.jpg
    after.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 468

red

I think the original post has been distorted. All he wanted was halter removed, no mention of altering animal.

Red

Doc

TheTruth, you know , no one was suggesting anything deceptive until you brought it up. So the question is "Do guilty dogs always bark first?" I don't understand why you have been so hateful & negative on here the past couple of days? And don't tell me that you are just telling "TheTruth" because that is just a cop out.

Bawndoh

knabe said:
how come you didn't remove the halter's shadow on the ground?

Sorry Knabe, you got me.  I thought I was absolutely perfect.  But I guess I am not!!  (lol)  (clapping)

bcosu

dang knabe, you beat me to it! that is something i always catch myself looking at, the shadow. i'm not sure why but i always look.

Losin Money

Wow it doesnt even look like the same annimal!  I thought it was a hereford after the touch up!  Just kidding, nice job of no alterations with the exception of the halter.

ShowmanQ

I am in no way condoning altering pictures, however I absolutely DO NOT see a problem with taking the halter off of a calf in a picture. I do think it is a different issue if we are lengthening necks, leveling tops, and blocking tailheads. A picture of a heifer of ours was posted on here both original and altered. Someone altered the picture "just playing around", and I can assure you, when it comes time to use some pictures of her for marketing, the ORIGINAL will be the one picked.
Bascially, IMHO, anyone who thinks you can wholeheartedly (sp?) judge a calf 100% based on a picture obviously has not been around the business very long. A picture is used to lure prospective clients to you so that you can show them the real thing, if you are altering all of your pictures to the extent that some do, it would seem disappointing at the least to the buyer when he/she shows up with cash. I am not accusing anyone of doing anything wrong, and in fact I believe Tony was simply asking for some halters to be removed and had no intention of having this argument started. I apologize for feeding into this, I just feel that THE TRUTH is sometimes one sided.

ShowmanQ

TheTruth said:
Doc said:
  TheTruth, you know , no one was suggesting anything deceptive until you brought it up. So the question is "Do guilty dogs always bark first?"

Funny you would say that.  It would seem that "guilty dogs" get upset (bark) when they are called out for using dirty genetics. 

Tell me Doc.  Have you got something to hide?  Considering none of this has been aimed at you directly, you sure seem to get on the offense and "bark" anytime I make a comment about TH and PHA. 

Okay here I go...
THE TRUTH,
Lay off!!! surely I am not the only one who has noticed that you only post on the threads which are controversial or argumentative. You only seem to have opininons that are contrary to everyone elses. Please let people raise the cattle they are comfortable raising, have their own opinions on what is good/bad, and respect the fact that the industry is made up of many different types of cattle to adhere to the many facets of the markets. If you do not like the cattle/genetics someone else is raising...DO NOT BUY THEM!!!! Quit making everything an argument. this thread was not even about altering pics, let alone TH/PHA. Are you kidding me???

I apologize to all for being so out of character

Status
Not open for further replies.