Anybody seen any of the bulls going to Denver?

Help Support Steer Planet:

showsteerdlux

Fast Freddy is owned by Trausch Farms, so your best bet would be to contact them. He is a Heatwave x Witchdoctor according to a previous post.

ValenteRanching

oakie said:
I really liked the fast freddy bull, from the photos, any idea of his pedigree, structural soundness? How do you order seman from these bulls for this breeding season?

I also was wondering if the owners of these bulls have semen for sale at Denver? I'm hoping to go next year and want to bring my tank.

Not trying to hijack this, maybe someone could just PM me. But is it possible to bring a semen tank across the border? I'm from Canada.

showsteerdlux

ValenteRanching said:
oakie said:
I really liked the fast freddy bull, from the photos, any idea of his pedigree, structural soundness? How do you order seman from these bulls for this breeding season?

I also was wondering if the owners of these bulls have semen for sale at Denver? I'm hoping to go next year and want to bring my tank.

Not trying to hijack this, maybe someone could just PM me. But is it possible to bring a semen tank across the border? I'm from Canada.
I doubt if any of these promo bulls have been collected yet. They are only around 10 months old. Now the owners would probably have semen on their other bulls.

knabe

cowman said:
farwest said:
Genetics 101.  Lol.

OK, genetics 101 is a little presumptuous. Monopoly is proven, clones are just a little different. To call it Genetics 101 is like calling a 4-H bottle rocket project "Rocket Science".

The interaction of mitochondrial DNA transferred from the recip dam has not been entirely understood to this point. Neither has the survivability and/or fickle nature of the cloned animals. They are not identical to the DNA donor.

Just keeping perspective. Genetics 101 it isn't.

telomeres too.  methylation pattern too.  would be good to let some people do some real research on these animals.

furinsilex

TMBCATTLE said:
HAS ANYBODY SEEN HUSTON CATTLE COMPANYS BULL ON DISPLAY? I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY NAMED HIM.  HE WAS A MEYER / FRICTION  JUST WONDERING WHAT EVERYBODY THOUGHT OF HIM?
I was wondering the same thing... really liked that bull and i think he would make some awesome show heifers but he is way to color full for me.  But if he still looks good might be enough to convence me to try a few units on some angus cows

Sly

furinsilex said:
TMBCATTLE said:
HAS ANYBODY SEEN HUSTON CATTLE COMPANYS BULL ON DISPLAY? I DONT KNOW WHAT THEY NAMED HIM.  HE WAS A MEYER / FRICTION  JUST WONDERING WHAT EVERYBODY THOUGHT OF HIM?
I was wondering the same thing... really liked that bull and i think he would make some awesome show heifers but he is way to color full for me.  But if he still looks good might be enough to convence me to try a few units on some angus cows

Long time coming is his name.  Good lookin bull out of his good panda cow.  He is a solid bull. TH and PHA free which is good.  I thought he would make good heifers also.  If i was to get going to get on to him i would loosen him up on his rear wheels jmo.  I think  angus cows is going to be his best bet.

jbw

Long Time Coming was one of my favorite bulls out there. I thought he was the Stands Alone of 2011, not the freak, but, has a place, structurally right. that one is gonna make females on angus based cows. I don't remember who all was on that one, but, Ty Webster was one of them. I personally liked B.I.M. and Matts Bojo son. That bull had a ton to him. Not the rocket front that some had, Did you see the foot that one had?  A TON of leg hair, but a real foot under him. 

One of my favorites was Ruby's Foreman son, in the yards. That is a real good breeding bull.

I personally thought that alot of the bulls were jammed up in the front a little, but on the right cows most will probably work....my two cents!

C-CROSS

I felt that ICY HOT was as sound and complete as any, not the thickest.  but at 5 on Sat he was the only Bull standing and to me that says alot.  JMO

furinsilex

Sly said:
furinsilex said:
TMBCATTLE said:

Long time coming is his name.  Good lookin bull out of his good panda cow.  He is a solid bull. TH and PHA free which is good.  I thought he would make good heifers also.  If i was to get going to get on to him i would loosen him up on his rear wheels jmo.  I think  angus cows is going to be his best bet.

Id agree he needed alittle more flex and also maybe alittle mroe slope to his pasterns.  But that is gettting picky.  Anyone know if Mike has reistered him yet?  Also what did his front end look like out there?

ranch4profit

jbw said:
Long Time Coming was one of my favorite bulls out there. I thought he was the Stands Alone of 2011, not the freak, but, has a place, structurally right. that one is gonna make females on angus based cows. I don't remember who all was on that one, but, Ty Webster was one of them. I personally liked B.I.M. and Matts Bojo son. That bull had a ton to him. Not the rocket front that some had, Did you see the foot that one had?  A TON of leg hair, but a real foot under him. 

One of my favorites was Ruby's Foreman son, in the yards. That is a real good breeding bull.

I personally thought that alot of the bulls were jammed up in the front a little, but on the right cows most will probably work....my two cents!
[/quo  do you think there is a reason the bojo son was turned loose instead of being tied?  I seen him tied.  If you thot long time comin was the best bull,  "structurally right".  straight hocked might be a better description.  Plenty hard looking too.

jbw

R 4 P, he was a little straighter in his hock, I liked him through his shoulder. I thought his place was on angus making daughters, That is where I liked that bull.  Maybe just a little harder, He is a 734.

Sly

furinsilex said:
Sly said:
furinsilex said:
TMBCATTLE said:

Id agree he needed alittle more flex and also maybe alittle mroe slope to his pasterns.  But that is gettting picky.  Anyone know if Mike has reistered him yet?  Also what did his front end look like out there?
Mike said he will registered half simmy and registered with the aca also.

CAB

oakie said:

Fred Campbell from Akron,In. raised Fast Freddy. He is a Heat Wave X Witchdoctor X Angus. I think that Fred held onto 1/4 interest in the bull, but I think that Chris Wilson @ Trausch farms would be the best contact for juice.

CAB

Jeff_Schroeder said:
No, they're being edited as I type.

We'll be anxously waiting.
Looks like Joshua is doing a nice job with the interviews this year. Thanks for the videos,interviews and time that it takes for you to provide us the info.