Are you a fretter? ( warning- personal angst)

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

I confess- I am a fretter. I fret over things both now & even 30 years ago. My hubby just shakes his head at me but it is just something that makes me - me.
I am the type that actually will lie awake at night rehashing things that I might have done differently in the past. Things that I did yesterday or last week. These can be both good & bad but usually bad.  ;)
Is anyone else a compulsive dweller or is it just another one of my weird hinks?

my name is Red & I'm a fretter!

KCK

I am much the opposite. I have a wedding in two weeks and I don't even have an official yet ;D
(it is on my list of To-Do's today!)
I don't like making decisions without getting the whole team involved, which must come from years of being a part of junior boards, so I just wait and wait. I have yet to get all the decorations, get the food list to the company, find an official photo for the reception.... And the list goes on. I have plenty of time- That's my motto.

Red, my advice to you is- don't change! If it makes you you, then everyone loves the you you are. I know if I was more organized and on the ball, my friends and family would have me committed for being insane :)))

red

Oh my, I've been getting stuff together for my KS City trip for ages. Am surprised I haven't started packing yet!  ;) Give me about 2 more weeks & the suitcase will be in the bedroom!

Red

good luck & best wishes on the wedding too!  (clapping)  (angel)

fluffer

Hi, my name is fluffer and I am a fretter  :)

I would also be getting ready to pack for KC red.  I had stuff packed in December for our trip in Feburary.  What, we needed summer clothes and I wasn't wearing them at the time so why not get them packed  ;)

Your not alone red  ;D

Fluffer

Simmymom1

I guess ya'll can go ahead and add me to the Fretters Club.  I have an excuse though, I inherited it from my grandmother... so I kind of have an excuse, don't you think????  (thumbsup)

char

My name is Char and I, too, am a FRETTER......I just lost my job last week and am a nervous wreck....I applied for unemployment....my hubby says don't worry about it....you don't have to get a job until October...what so big about October, I have no clue!!!!  We should be just fine.....but what if I don't find a job and what if I do and I don't like it.....A friend of mine called me yesterday about an ortho surgeon is looking for someone just like me to run his office.....well I personally do not like the man....don't know....just fret....but it would also be nice to be home for the summer with the kids....they have already been getting up at 3 AM to get their steer and heifer in the airroom and they aren't even out of school yet....so I make sure they have a big breakfast in the AM when they get in...and that is fun....but you still fret about the future...and medical insurance.....sorry to babble on.....just FRETTING about the unknown ???

SKF

I am a big time fretter and it drives everyone crazy. I just can't help it. I do hate it when it keeps me up at night.

Simmymom1

char said:
My name is Char and I, too, am a FRETTER......I just lost my job last week and am a nervous wreck....I applied for unemployment....my hubby says don't worry about it....you don't have to get a job until October...what so big about October, I have no clue!!!!  We should be just fine.....but what if I don't find a job and what if I do and I don't like it.....A friend of mine called me yesterday about an ortho surgeon is looking for someone just like me to run his office.....well I personally do not like the man....don't know....just fret....but it would also be nice to be home for the summer with the kids....they have already been getting up at 3 AM to get their steer and heifer in the airroom and they aren't even out of school yet....so I make sure they have a big breakfast in the AM when they get in...and that is fun....but you still fret about the future...and medical insurance.....sorry to babble on.....just FRETTING about the unknown ???

Char - I pray things turn around for you, enjoy your time with your kids this summer!!   (angel)

red

Char, I'm so sorry about the job. This would leave me sleepless for nights!

OK, another confession! I'm starting to pile up clothes that I don't use now but will take w/ me. I've also got my misc stuff pretty much packed. Taking a lot of trial sizes w/ me.

Oh, by the way, I'm also neurotic!  (lol)

Red

Kupfarm

I too am a big time fretter.  I too am getting married in 10 days and I have planned everything I have to get done down to the hour.  I have the next 10 days of my life planned out to a schedule.  If something goes wrong, it will totally send me in a mass panic.  We are traveling almost 200 miles to get married and I am worried that I will leave something here at home.  I have several lists of things to take, things to buy, calls to make, things to make and places to stop on the way down. 

Here is an example:  Last week, I thought I left a door unlocked, I was only going to be gone an hour, but I worried enough that I turned around and drove 30 miles to check on the door and it was locked. 

red

Kupfarm said:
I too am a big time fretter.  I too am getting married in 10 days and I have planned everything I have to get done down to the hour.   I have the next 10 days of my life planned out to a schedule.  If something goes wrong, it will totally send me in a mass panic.  We are traveling almost 200 miles to get married and I am worried that I will leave something here at home.  I have several lists of things to take, things to buy, calls to make, things to make and places to stop on the way down. 

Here is an example:  Last week, I thought I left a door unlocked, I was only going to be gone an hour, but I worried enough that I turned around and drove 30 miles to check on the door and it was locked.   

I've been known to worry about not shutting a gate. I have gotten up at 3:00 am just to double check.

Good luck to you too on the wedding!

Red

common sense

I used to be a fretter but after dealing with an ulcer by the age of 13, having severe anxiety attacks and and being married to the most laid back husband imaginable for 24 3/4 years (doesn't seem like forever) I have done a turn around. Now I am a planner but I can wait until ten minutes before leaving for the Denver Stock show to pack my clothes.  I am so laid back that I make my family crazy, especially my mother...who's the Queen of Fretters! I think i might do it just to make her crazy...that's what kids are supposed to do right?  So Red and all, there is hope for you.  Also, there is prozac!  LOL!!!  Hey red, what day are you leaving for Jr. Nationals and how long are you staying?

red

I'll arrive the 2nd about 10 CST & leave Saturday evening!

I think after almost 50 years of fretting I'm not going to change! I am going to ask the doctor for some Valium for my flights- either that or a stiff shot! I a white knuckle flier!

thepoorfarm

Oh thank goodness...I thought I was the only one! The did I lock the gate, is the curling iron unplugged, what if they have trouble calving, did I choose the wrong bull for them, I picked the semen , it'll be my fault, what if I'm not there....ahhh!  I two married a man polar opposite, it must drive him crazy. Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone!  (clapping)

SWMO

I double and triple check gates, doors, water faucets, curling irons etc.  So, no Red you are not alone.  And I also worry about past happening.  And why? we can't undo them.

ELBEE

Y"all better stop and read Philippians 4:4-7, I live by it!

"Always be full of joy in the Lord; I say it again, rejoice! Let everyone see that you are unselfish and considerate in all you do. Remember that the Lord is coming soon. Don't worry about anything; instead , Pray about everything; tell God your needs and don't forget to thank Him for his answers. If you do this you will experience God's peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His Peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus."

The Living Bible, as interpreted by Tyndale.

Reading the Scripture's is the best sleep aid I've found; and that is a good thing!

red

I know Lee but it's easier said than done. Usually part of the trouble (not really a trouble) is that when I'm really fretting I talk to God. then I get off on a whole different track!

Red

doubled

Hello my name is justamom and I am also a FRETTER- in fact Im a Champion at it
Just ask my kids, I can fret over anything, when I lay down my mind sometimes just does not shut off
That why sometimes my legs dont stop moving, I am officially a Member of the Fretters Club