Barn funnies

Help Support Steer Planet:

Nasc

I’ll try to keep this short…

Back ground:
My daughter and I were feeding the calves and part of the routine is to call out what grain/supplement is going in the pan and what the increment is of said ingredient. We use the local feed mill’s steer feed as our base and then we hand mix in a concoction of 4-Tfyer, beet pulp or cotton hauls. I also recently picked up a tub of Oxy-Explosion and started to incorporate it into our feed mix.

Well the first day of the new ratio my daughter got a little confused with the Oxy-Explosion and the Cotton Hauls
Here is what she called out while getting the feed ready:

2- LARGE CANS OF STEER FEED

1- SMALL CAN OF 4T-FYER

1- SMALL CAN OF PULP

1-SCOOP OF OXY-COTTON

Needless to say I got a good laugh out of it and explained to her that telling a Judge you feed Oxy-Cotton to your steer might not be the best move in showmanship!

Anybody have any barn stories to share?

justme

yeah...my son has made me blush more times than I can count.

This summer I helped him peewee my daughters heifer.  This young lady judge comes up to him with the mic and asks him if the heifers bred.  He hands me the heifer takes the mic from her (he's 5 remember), and says yep, my dad did it himself.  As she goes to take the mic he says WAIT! I'm not done...I should have been ready for it but nope I wasn't...with his best judges voice and hand motions tells this girl (fresh off the college judging team) that he takes he hand and arm WWWAAAAAAYYYYYY up her but and gets the job done.  As he's telling her this he's stretching his arm and showing her the motions.  That poor girl, I don't think she knows what hit her.  He smiled said thank you and scowleded me for not keeping the heifer set up correctly.  I quietly said sorry to her lol.

Now when Evan peewee's and needs help....this mom is better prepared.

fluffer

Hahaha..that is so funny.  Must be something with little boys named Evan.  My nephew, also Evan, was peeweeing a Pig at a co fair.  He was told to stay in front of the judge with his pig.  Well, he couldn't get his pig to stay in front of the judge so he just started yelling real loud "HEY JUDGE" to try and get the judge to look at him. 
Not as funny as your story but we got a chuckle out of it....

Fluffer

strawroanlova

well me and my buddy were grooming a heifer for show when a gurl comes up and sees us putting on white touchup and she thought it was spraypaint and says "why are you painting the cow"we told her why and she said"well thats stupid"

Latest posts