BB RND II Jakes Proud Jazz (64) over Rodeo Drive (46)

Help Support Steer Planet:

Jakes Proud Jazz vs Rodeo Drive

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nasc

Jake's Proud Jazz
1pic1444.jpg

vs

Rodeo Drive
index.php

shortdawg

Always thought JPJ on a Rodeo Drive daughter would be something special. If we could just combine those two bulls .......... ?

kfacres

IMO with the wide spread use of JPJ in the last few years... he is slipping by out of the "Great Outcross" category of purebred bulls...  His blood is just getting to popular-- and for good reason of what he offers the breed!  I have heard it more than once, and also agree, that JPJ is what the breed needs, he is the commercial Shorthorn bull..

HOWEVER, Rodeo Drive gets my vote.  A past that's hard to get around

tucker

drive    easy.  i see to many straight fronted jazz cattle with no real world performence

cattlechick

Is anyone on here interested in Rodeo Drive semen??? I have about 20 units or more that has been handled good and sitting in the same tank for years...Anyone?

kfacres

interesting results....  bet the oldies voted RD, clubby and newbys went JPJ...  and I'm young... But I really don't see it, sorry JPJ lovers..  I don't think he's the savior- straight fronted, and borderline too small...

DLD

I wouldn't necessarily call JPJ the savior either, but not even considering the show ring, his offspring are by far easier keeping and thus way more practical (for an awful alot of cattlemen, anyway) than RD's. 

olsun

A little bit off topic, but maybe some of you shorty guys have the answers. I have a god friend who is a long time shorthorn breeder. Some years back I noticed that he was coming up with some black nosed purebred shorthorn cattle. Back when I was a younger man, thiis was frowned upon. I'm not sure, but I believe they were not allowed to register if they had any black, even noses. When I asked him about it he told me that it was the Rodeo Drive influence that caused the black noses. I was later told that Rodeo Drive had a tic of Holstien in his pedigree. Is what I am saying true, and if it is, does it even matter? Just wondering, Earl.

aj

Ive'd heard all kinds of things. I heard Rodeo Drive was out of a black chi cow. He's awfull high on birthweights isn't he. Someone said said rd bloodtyped ok as a Shorthorn...so thats all thats matters. RD must sire the show ring delux cattle. Never been around them. Had 5 guys tell me that rd's out of the showbarn are the most impractical cattle they have ever seen. Hard keeping...big birthweights...etc.....but one guy told me smaller rd's weren't to bad in the pasture. I think there is kind of a group think that goes on with some of these sires. When new people come into the breed they are told which bulls are legends and that sticks withthem. Apparently under hotbarns and coolers and lots of special feed rd must sire the good ones. I like jpj myself. When was the last time a non carrier bull was popular? Polled, easy keeping,low bwt, I was hoping he would be a good marbling progency bull.

shortdawg

The Trump x Rodeo Drive cross is the one that produced the great cattle. Like I said in another post, I think the JPJ x Rodeo Drive cross would be one that could work ( check out the heifer posted on here a day or two ago ). JPJ's easy keeping paired with the growth of RD.