bees

Help Support Steer Planet:

frostback

Sorry a off topic question but this is weird. I have had 3 swarms of bees go over our place in the last week or so. Anyone know what is up with that? It is the eriest feeling as you can hear them coming and before you know what it is they are all around you. Thank goodness they have just been passing through.

cowz

Frostback, are you from the mountains??    I think I remember you saying you were.  This is the time of year that our honey bees look for bigger or better digs. Apparently they send out scout bees to find an appropriate place, like the attic of your barn, tee hee........ I saw a couple this past weekend.  A friend who is a beekeeper came and got one of them.  He smoked them, put on his bee suit and put them in an empty hive box.  He says if you are not  trained in bees, you should just leave them alone.  He says they are pretty docile this time of year, but look out in August.  This is the time they are "cranky" and will really cause trouble.

cowz

Now I'm not surprised that you are seeing bees on the move.  I'm sure you are losing alot of alfalfa fields to development.  Asphalt is going to be the number one crop along the front range.  Kansas here we come!

Latest posts