Before Beefpacas there were

Help Support Steer Planet:

DL

Before Beefpacas, many many years ago on a planet far away, these creatures roamed the earth....what are they?

Attachments

• Before Beefpacas1.jpg
    Before Beefpacas1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 276

red

Ugly? (welcome)

Maybe you need to provide a better definition of a Beefpaca for those that aren't already fans of theirs? I think Bluegrass is ready to jump on the bandwagon!

Red

knabe

ha my first guess was a joke, but i think i'm right, a cross between a hereford and a buffalo

DL

knabe said:
ha my first guess was a joke, but i think i'm right, a cross between a hereford and a buffalo

There will be no reward until the dead bird goes! ;D ;D ;D

A Hereford Bison hybrid - long lived, hearty and tasty but with sub optimal fertility. I guess you could say it was (is) the bovine equivalent of a mule! We could call it a Jack Butt  ;D

knabe

i'm trying.

in the meantime, here's a cash crop commonly planted next to the beefpacas.

http://www.firebox.com/index.html?dir=firebox&action=product&pid=1077

i've had it. i have a filipino employee who got me some for a novelty.  it's best in a coffee press such as

http://www.gizmag.com/go/5051/  which i also have and HIGHLY recommend to try.

it's $30, really messy and annoying and doesn't make much, but makes GREAT coffee if you don't like the acid taste.

red

Yes, Knabe & I worked hard at getting his dead bird removed. But for some strange reason the board likes it & will not give it up. Austin- HELP?
For those that are just dying of curiosity- here is Knabe's coffee offering.
Thanks to the coffee culture explosion, connoisseurs are now proactively seeking new twists on their beloved bean-based beverage. Cappa-this, frappa-that, double mocca doodah - the permutations are endless.

But despite all the commotion surrounding these newfangled concoctions, it's gonna take more than a few choccy sprinkles and an injection of hot milk to get us frothing with excitement. And that's exactly what we told our roving product scouts when they returned from the depths of the Indonesian jungle claiming to have found the most extraordinary coffee in the world.

Following a brief explanation and a quick sip of the stuff we were asking our charlady if she could muster up a few slices of humble pie, because Civet Coffee, also known as Kopi Luwak, is indeed the most astonishingly different coffee we've ever tasted.

Only about 500 kilos of this blend is collected per year, making it the ultimate in exclusivity and rarity. And when we tell you where the beans have, er, been, you'll understand why. You see the primary reason for Civet Coffee's distinctive taste is that it's been partially fermented by passing through the digestive system of a Sumatran Civet Cat. No, really!
p1077ex1.gif

Basically this feral feline prowls Sumatran coffee plantations at night, choosing to eat only the finest, ripest cherries. The stones (which eventually form coffee beans) are then collected by sifting through the Civet's number twos.

Revered for its luscious chocolatey flavour Civet Coffee is totally safe, totally sterilised and totally delicious. Plus there's no discernable aftertaste.

Native Sumatrans consider this to be the finest coffee in the world, and it really is the ultimate brew to serve to all those annoying Johnny-come-lately coffee shop connoisseurs. Of course, telling them where it comes from is completely optional. Put the kettle on!

I have to say this- before Knabe where did we pcik up our trivia?

Red

DL

cowz said:
The dreaded BEEFALO!

Yeah, I guess that would be true, although the Beefalo in this neck of the woods are 1/254 th (or something) or 1/2050 Bison - so this would be a heck of a Beefalo - I think maybe fertility goes up as Bison % goes down? hmmm

I love coffee - but don't think I could go for that knabe!

sjcattleco

Ok I am really confused and I have read this 3 times and I still don't get it??? First of all Its late and I have only gotten 5 hrs of sleep a night for the last 7 weeks so I am a bit groggy..... anyway what is that ugly thing in the picture???

what exactly is a beefpaca?  YOu all were talking about Beefpaca poop earlier and I was lost then as well...

and Red  did I read it right that you guys have Civet coffee?  If you do I will be up for a visit.. I have always wanted to try that.... (clapping)

cowz

I Give.....Could it be some throwback in time before Bos Taurus and Bos Indicus parted ways????      Alien poop from Planet Hereford gave off gamma rays to this poor innocent creature?

ELBEE

I think I'll stick with Folgers Classic blend. And I probably still have some Beefalo semen in the tank, the way I remember 3\8 is Beefalo, so the calves would be 3\16 buffalo, or 1\2 beefalo. I don't think anybody was very impressed with the calves. Some believed it was just a scam.

DL

sjcattleco said:
Ok I am really confused and I have read this 3 times and I still don't get it??? First of all Its late and I have only gotten 5 hrs of sleep a night for the last 7 weeks so I am a bit groggy..... anyway what is that ugly thing in the picture???

what exactly is a beefpaca?  YOu all were talking about Beefpaca poop earlier and I was lost then as well...

and Red  did I read it right that you guys have Civet coffee?  If you do I will be up for a visit.. I have always wanted to try that.... (clapping)

sj - long ago in a not hospitable place far far away a new breed of animal was created to meet the demands of the growing market fpr excellent carcass traits, long thick hair (also available in multicolors - considered to be the best for the show ring), defect free, docility, fertility, and a market for multi colored manure - THE BEEFPACA - (a cross between the lowely alpaca and the mighty beef...) so remember

BEEFPACA ITS WHAT"S FOR DINNER! (this add supported by beefpaca checkoff!) If you are interested in starting a Beefpaca farm of your own CB_3 is the keeper of the genes and the animals...

Does that help??

DL

red

(lol)
Gosh no on the coffee! I like mine strong but that might be considered rank! I went to the site Knabe posted & got such a kick out of it, I wanted to share it.
By the way, the coffee pot is usually on- anyone always welcomed!

Red

Also on the Beefpaca- it is the offical mascot of the amigoettes & the PHA patrol. The Beefpaca has no genetic defects. It's hair never needs washed, blown out or a cool room. It wakes up looking perfectly groomed.
The rainbow colored are the ones most valued. Purple roans are also wanted but DLD has been working on cattle rather than Beefpacas to achieve that.
Since the manure is so brightly colored, you don't need any flowers- just beefpaca poop!
We like to have fun & it's a good release tool!!

genes

Well the hump gives away the beefalo.....but do you guys all know what this one is?

Attachments

• female-250w.jpg
    female-250w.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 280

Gypsy

You ACTUALLY have a photo of a Beefpaca!  WOW! :eek:  This looks like a calico one - three colors, black, brown and white.  This must be next best to rainbow! ;D

red

Now Gypsy, you know that Beefpacas don't have horns. Unless you find the rare Unicorn variety. Those are worth their weight in gold!

Red (lol)

DL

A Jerland? (cross between a Highland and a Jersey??) or would that be a Highsey?) Interesting creature. can say I have ever seen one - it isn't the purple cow is it - we know certain breeds of horse change color ---good grief could it be......  (cow)