Best April fool's joke played or gotten?

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

I confess, I'm terrible at playing jokes. Plus the hubby sees through them fast. Mine usually involve the weather. Pretty dull.

what have been the best you've pulled? Or have gotten played on you? Or any you've just heard about?

Red

mlk32

Take this however you want:  Today is our 8th wedding anniversary!  At least it is an easy date for my husband to remember.

Dusty

This isn't really an April fools joke, more of a prank to pull when you want to get back at someone.  I've never done this one yet.  I'm waiting for that special occasion.
Put a for sale ad for their pickup in the largest area newspaper, then list their cell phone #.

Example:
For Sale: 2006 Ford F-250 diesel, 30k miles, getting divorced, first 10K takes it.
xxx-xxx-xxxx

Their cell phone will ring off the hook for about a week and even if they don'y answer it they will still have to sort through the voicemails.

knabe

there's news stories that poeple do this with people's home and people just come and take stuff.  don't know if it's true or not.  i think people do this cuz they don't like someone, not to play a practical joke.

a decent one played on me one year was we have an enzyme which costs about 60,000/box of ten tubes.  the lab rats made one out of coolaid and "left" it out on the benchtop overnight instead of in the fridge.  saw it the next morning and lined them up and made them set up an experiment to see if it was still good.  then the laughing.

red

mlk32 said:
Take this however you want:  Today is our 8th wedding anniversary!  At least it is an easy date for my husband to remember.

What you need to tell them MLK is how a guy that never touched a cow is now your herdsman! Of course it might be nice if he could tell a bull from a heifer!  ;)

Red

knabe

at cal poly, the beef instructors had one of those animal feelings people come in and "tell" us about a cow.  she went on and on and on.  turns out the cow was a steer.

the white ildeno steer i've shown pictures of a few times here, used to always lift his leg as students would walk by.  people thought he was going to kick, but he just wanted that good spot between the cod and his leg scratched.  his pen mate, now he would kick, but he still liked to be scratched there, but only by the girls.

cowz

Last year our high school senior class ( all 17 kids) (with the help of the superintendent) moved the principle's office (desk, computer, file cabinets, etc) into the men's room.

red

don't think this is an April Fool's joke but look at this dairy bull. He's from ABS's web site. Is he on stilts? or is it just me?

RoyWEB.jpg

dori36

red said:
I confess, I'm terrible at playing jokes. Plus the hubby sees through them fast. Mine usually involve the weather. Pretty dull.

what have been the best you've pulled? Or have gotten played on you? Or any you've just heard about?

Red

I live near a community that has a zoo.  Other than my "time out" in Wyoming, I've been here ever since I got married waayy back.  I've worked in several rather high powered offices "BC".....before cattle.  Every April 1 someone would leave a message for one of the more ADD officemates to "immediately" call back "Mr Lyons".  Then, they'd use the phone number of the zoo as the number of "Mr Lyons".  Just as soon as the phone was answered "Potter Psrk Zoo", we'd break out in uproarious laughter!  And the zoo folks  were good sports about it explaining over and over that this was the Zoo, not an office!  I think that's still played out here every April 1 to a new set of "victims"!

fluffer

A couple of years ago on april fools day we (really) had 2 sets of twins born.  Both same sex twins and both had 1 red and 1 black calf.  I called my husband to tell him and he didn't believe me.  He thought I was playing an april fools on him.

red

fluffer said:
A couple of years ago on april fools day we (really) had 2 sets of twins born.  Both same sex twins and both had 1 red and 1 black calf.  I called my husband to tell him and he didn't believe me.  He thought I was playing an april fools on him.

totally off topic- but I had the same thing a couple of years ago, a set of red & black twins, but they were a bull & heifer. Unfortunately they had been aborted late in gestation. What would the chances have been the heifer wasn't a free martin?

itk

About 5 years ago the cows played one on us. We had been done calving ETs for about 3 weeks. When we went and checked cows on 4/1 an angus cow was standing in the pasture with a really nice shorthorn heifer calf at her side that had obviously had just been born. We went and checked all of our records and the only conclusion we could come up with was the calf was 3 weeks over due. We went back out to tag the calf then up out of the creek walked one of our shorthorn cows with a little angus calf right behind her. They had both calved the night before and at some point decided to switch calves. They never switched back either, so it always made us laugh every time we checked calves and saw the shorthorn calf on the angus cow.

fluffer

From what I hear it would be less then 1% chance the heifer was good.

We have never checked we just send ours to the sale barn

The funny part about the whole twins/april fools thing was ...We were in a 100 acre pasture that is about 80% woods.  So I go to tag the set of bulls.  I get the black calf and tagged him.  Well, while I did that the cow takes off with the red bull calf.  I couldn't get the cow back with the black calf.  Then the black calf took off in a totally different direction.  So I went home and got a highschool boy who was working for us at the time and we went back to the pasture to try and get the pair together.  We searched that entire woods and finally found the black bull calf all alone, but he was NUTS!  He took off running.  Ofcourse the momma has her other twin with her so she doesn't know she is missing one.  We couldn't get that dumb calf cought or with any other cow to get him back to the herd.  It was a whole 3 or 4  day ordeal.  My husband, who still had not seen this black bull at this point would have thought I was nuts if it wasnt' for the highschool boy who saw the calf too.  My husband was over at that pasture on the 3 day or so looking for this calf and couldn't find him either.  So we was driving down the lane towards the gate(still in the pasture) and was on the phone with me when all of the sudden this calf darts out of the woods, runs out infront of the truck across the lane and into the other side of the woods.  My husband couldn't believe it, and then believed me that this calf was CRAZY.  But none the less, that was the last time we ever saw that calf.  Never found him or his body.  We thought we would find him at least weak enough to catch him and bottle feed him or something.  I guess its just one of those crazy things.  The other set of twins did fine, they were heifer calves.  Their momma was a big old Red Angus brown swiss cow we used as a recip.  Those 2 little heifers were tiny and looked exactly alike except for the color.  They were real cute.

Fluffer

red

I just got one played on me. www.fatsteer.com
After you see it, click on the complaint link.

Quint- you're sooo bad!

Red

fluffer

itk said:
About 5 years ago the cows played one on us. We had been done calving ETs for about 3 weeks. When we went and checked cows on 4/1 an angus cow was standing in the pasture with a really nice shorthorn heifer calf at her side that had obviously had just been born. We went and checked all of our records and the only conclusion we could come up with was the calf was 3 weeks over due. We went back out to tag the calf then up out of the creek walked one of our shorthorn cows with a little angus calf right behind her. They had both calved the night before and at some point decided to switch calves. They never switched back either, so it always made us laugh every time we checked calves and saw the shorthorn calf on the angus cow.

We had that happen to us this year too!  

That is too funny!  Shows us cows do have a sense of humor  ;)

colosteers

I dont know if this was a April fools joke or not, but was told about a bunch of students who painted 1, 2, and 4 on three  goats and turned them loose in a school.  The principal spent the entire day looking for number 3.

have a good one

cowz

red said:
I just got one played on me. www.fatsteer.com
After you see it, click on the complaint link.

Quint- you're sooo bad!

Red

Mr. Huncovsky needs a good old fashioned Steer Planet SPANKING!!!

fluffer

colosteers said:
I dont know if this was a April fools joke or not, but was told about a bunch of students who painted 1, 2, and 4 on three  goats and turned them loose in a school.   The principal spent the entire day looking for number 3.

have a good one

(clapping) (clapping) That one made me laugh!!!

daydreamingacres

This isnt funny but it is a prank.....When I was in high school i went to an ag school and we had animals.(senior prank) Some smart*** went to the school at night and took green spray paint to our sheep and spray painted their eyes and their fleeces....We had the vet out and one of the sheep actually lost part of her vision. I was pulled out of class to go home and get shears and take care of the sheep. The same year one of the kids uprooted a tree and "planted" it in the center of the football field that the school had just redone..... sorry to rain on everyone's April Fool's but sometimes us young folk just dont think about others including the tax dollars spent for us to have nice things!!!