Best Market steer you ever saw

Help Support Steer Planet:

chambero

My vote for greatest steer ever was a Sugar Ray calf named Woody that Vicki Priesmeier showed back in 86-87 I think

olsun

Dick Meyer won the Ia. state fair back in the 80's with a red baldy Simmx limi that is forever etched in my mind. Best one of late is the char that Bob May won the Royal with a couple of years back. He was a Friction. I really liked him.

fed_champions

ooooo not a fan of the houston champ in 08, but the houston champ in 05 shown by Dakota Newman is one of the best ive ever seen. In person, he was a freak in every sense of the word. My favorite haired steer was probably Steelee Hogues Char. that won fort woth in 2000, or Reese Haymes black steer that won it in 01.

dimebag

I second the calf shown by Dakota Newman in 05 , that was one powerful calf !

Jive Turkey

beefmaster said:
Show stopper 95 said:
The calf that won Houston in 08.

WE SHOULD PUT SOME PICTURES

h268-015_0.jpg

skeeter

Reese Haymes black steer that won it in 01.    I agree.  My favorite haired show steer that I can remember.  You could admire him all day. Woody comes in 2nd - great calf, super job showing, Vickie P. was one of the best.

Chap

1995 thru 1998 (I don't remember the exact year) there was a full face baldy by WMW that Katie Manning won the Iowa State Fair with that was a man amounst boys.  The most impressive animal i had seen to that point and still sticks out to me as being the best ,relative to his comtempories, of any i have seen.  Jerry Douglas sorted that steers that year and is the only time i can remember a judge saying that it wasn't even close on which steer needed to win.

iowacattle

Chap I believe that was the steer that came out of producers classsic. The funny thing is further up in the post someone said the char that Bob May won KC with was a great one. A trivia question. The same person raised both those steers. Who was the person???

Bradenh

yeah what did you guys not like about the 08 houston calf? too extreme? he definatly wasnt light muscled or boned and for a slick calf hes pretty nice. best ive seen (all you ppl that like the solid gold bull. u will probley like that steer because theyr clones)

Chap

In regards to the WMW steer of Mannings.  a little research finds he was 1996 champion.  sold thru JBH's pasture to purple sale.  . 

Attachments

• Manning 1996 ISF Champ.jpg
    Manning 1996 ISF Champ.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 1,194

ROMAX

Chap said:
In regards to the WMW steer of Mannings.  a little research finds he was 1996 champion.  sold thru JBH's pasture to purple sale.  . 
How could he be a WHO MADE WHO calf ,that bull was born in 1996?

jmb1498

Chap said:
1995 thru 1998 (I don't remember the exact year) there was a full face baldy by WMW that Katie Manning won the Iowa State Fair with that was a man amounst boys.  The most impressive animal i had seen to that point and still sticks out to me as being the best ,relative to his comtempories, of any i have seen.  Jerry Douglas sorted that steers that year and is the only time i can remember a judge saying that it wasn't even close on which steer needed to win.

I'm with you Chap that is the one that jumped into my head.  I happened to venture out of the hog barn and followed him to class and all I could think was wow there cant be any thing else like him here.  He was the stoutest, thickest, biggest bodied, most moderate one I had seen to that point.