Bruzer

Help Support Steer Planet:

TJ

dori36 said:
I talked with one of Bruzer's co-owners this morning and here is some more info about him:

in 2008 he sired 32 calves, 1/4 Lowline (remember, Buzer's a halfblood), and out of commercial heifers generally Angus, Shortie, Maine, etc bred.  Average bw of those calves was 65 lbs.  Approx weight of the heifer/ dams was 1000 lbs each.  All 32 were born unassisted.

Bruzer's own bw was 65 lbs.  His dam is 3/4 Shorthorn, 1/4 Maine and weighs somewhere between 1200-1250. 

Glenn is weighing and measuring him this afternoon just for "us".

I've contacted the 'other' co-owner for semen prices, minimum shipment amounts (if there is a minimum req), and his scan and Bovigen results.  Not sure he's dna'd by Bovigen but I'll know pretty quickly.

Here are pictures of 3 of the 2008 calves.

Dori, I really appreciate all the info & the pics too!  32 unassisted births is hard to argue with & it actually has me excited!  Sounds like his dam had to be fairly low BW herself.  He could still sire a "fluke", but it sounds like the odds are heavily in favor of him working on heifers.  I hope that the ALR votes to allow the registration of 1/4 bloods at Houston this spring!   

dori36

As I promised in an earlier comment, here are ultrasound numbers for Bruzer.  He was done on Jan 14, 2008 at the NWSS:

Weight on 1/14/08:  1380
REA:  16.11
REA/CWT:  1.17
IMF(marbling):  4.45
FT:  .42

Good grief, look at the size of his ribeye!

Semen per unit is $20 with a 10 straw minimum. I asked if they'd be ok with just shipping less than the minimum and they said yes as long as the shipping was paid.  Not sure what shipping charges are. 

dori36

dori36 said:
As I promised in an earlier comment, here are ultrasound numbers for Bruzer.  He was done on Jan 14, 2008 at the NWSS:

Weight on 1/14/08:  1380
REA:  16.11
REA/CWT:  1.17
IMF(marbling):  4.45
FT:  .42

Good grief, look at the size of his ribeye!

Semen per unit is $20 with a 10 straw minimum. I asked if they'd be ok with just shipping less than the minimum and they said yes as long as the shipping was paid.  Not sure what shipping charges are. 

....and the last stat y'all asked for:  he measures 49 inches at the hip.  In case anyone wants, in the future, to consider this bull for breeding but can't find the info here, his information will be on my website within a few days on the Semen/Embryos page.