Buckcherry Reports?

Help Support Steer Planet:

Chap

I love the looks of this bull,  I have heard a little chatter about his first calves being nice, but need more confirmation before I will use him.  Any Reports? include bw,look, soundness, hair, muscle, etc.

Attachments

• Buckcherry.jpg
    Buckcherry.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 737

red

I had really liked him until I saw he was a carrier. I love the dark red color & his bone.

Red

JR Cattle Co.

I don't know much about this bull yet, but judging from the picture he looks pretty good.  I did notice that he seems to toe-out on his back leg (one farthest from the camera).

DL

Birth weight estimated at 85 pounds - now that is rich, but I guess in the name of full disclosure you know it is a guess and not a birth weight. And can somebody explain to me why if you were going to spend the money to promote a bull you wouldn't have your ducks in a row and get your PHA testing done?

OH Breeder

DL said:
Birth weight estimated at 85 pounds - now that is rich, but I guess in the name of full disclosure you know it is a guess and not a birth weight. And can somebody explain to me why if you were going to spend the money to promote a bull you wouldn't have your ducks in a row and get your PHA testing done?
Are there reports of Heat Seeker or Habanero with PH? If that is the pedigree, it is clean for PHA?

DL

OH Breeder said:
DL said:
Are there reports of Heat Seeker or Habanero with PH? If that is the pedigree, it is clean for PHA?

The ad says PHA pending - my question is why bother to promote a bull and spend the money and not promote the bull as clean (if he is) -  not implying he is or isn't a carrier - but it doesn't seem like rocket science to get the test in time to be used for your promotional campaign - some people value highly the  PHAF clubby type bulls, others won't use a PHAC bull, and some don't seem to care.

And there are still a bunch of people who are shocked and amazed that their calf out of x bull on the top and y bull on the bottom has a PHA calf - they seem to forget that the crossbred or MA or Shortie unnamed critter could be a carrier -

Both Heat Seeker and Habanero are PHAF - but what else is in the pedigree??  There are no known carriers in the pedigree but what about the unknown??

red

true, Apocalyse has no red flags looking at his parentage but he's listed as PHAC.
He's primairly Full Flush, Meyer, WMW & Hannibal.

knabe

i'm thinking i haven't seen a better set of fit legs in my life, which isn't saying much about my life, but dang, perfect right next to the dew claw

CAB

This pic-add is from a year ago. Try to find a current add that has the updated info on it.

DL

Kupfarm said:
Sinclair's website has the above ad on it.  It says he is still pending too. 

I wonder if Dr B knows that it takes over a year to get PHA results?? If last year it said it was pending and this year SEK doesn't list results, nor does the bull owners web site - what does that mean?? help me Rhonda - I just don't get it still :(

Dusty

DL said:
Kupfarm said:
Sinclair's website has the above ad on it.  It says he is still pending too. 

I wonder if Dr B knows that it takes over a year to get PHA results?? If last year it said it was pending and this year SEK doesn't list results, nor does the bull owners web site - what does that mean?? help me Rhonda - I just don't get it still :(

Here is a novel idea... In that ad it has the telephone #'s of the owners.  I guess if it was me and I was interested in using the bull, it might cross my mind to think about giving them a call.  I'm sure they would be happy to provide you with the results of the PHA test.  They might even suggest the type of cows they think he needs bred to, which matings worked the best, how big his calves were, and probably all other sorts of useful information.  As to the ad not having the results on it, i would guess the ad deadline was probably before the results came back and they just haven't got around to updating it.  I dunno, frankly it's not that big of a deal.  DL, you are making a mountain out of a mole hill here.

I just don't get it still :(
I have a feeling if you'll never get it...

GONEWEST

Back to the original question, has anyone seen any calves???????????????????????????

I've got some coming next fall.

Chap

i called Brad Sinclair yesterday afternoon.  Said the calves are his hairiest and most sound of any sire group he used.  Calves are coming ok, and the bull seems to work best on his moderate to smaller framed cows, which makes sense to me with his pedigree.  Reports have been all positive from what he has heard and he likes the ones he has very well.  Most of the calves are solid colored. 
And to tell you all before you ask,  I didn't  ask about PHA status.  Partly because I forgot and secondly because he is  a terminal sire in my mind.  I don't have any carrier cows.

CAB

Chap, have you seen BuckCherry in person? I'm trying to not breed on the pics and was wanted to hear from someone that has seen the bull. Do you know if the photo is original by chance? This bull is on my radar and some of my friends. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Chap

I have not seen him in person. Sinclair describes him as a moderate framed, but not small bull.  I feel most comfortable knowing that Sinclair used him to clean up his own cows and bred a bunch AI to him as well.  Makes me nervous when the owners don't use their own bulls. 

afhm

red said:
true, Apocalyse has no red flags looking at his parentage but he's listed as PHAC.
He's primairly Full Flush, Meyer, WMW & Hannibal.

His ad says he is a Hannibal x Flush son/Meyer.  So I would say that the PHA comes from the Flush son's dam somehow.  He is a very good loooking bull, imo one worth trying on a few cows.  The Hannibal / Flush combo works pretty good.

kane1598

They is a video of Apocalypse on steppinstonegenetics.com. He seems to very long, stout and free moving.

BCCC

Off of a different message board

We used Buckcherry last year and got along great, We got a peach colored calf out of a simmy char cross cow that weighed 85# he is super hairy stout big boned and seems to be growing well, Got a solid black one out of a Simangus cow weighed 70# and is really cool made she has a big him lots of hair and a really clean front end.

and buckcherry- i have not seen any calves but from what I've heard his calves have been pretty impressive...mostly with char cows