Bull Hall of Fame

Help Support Steer Planet:

DL

shortyjock89 said:
I blame the Dexters -CURSE YOU DEXTERS!!!. No, but really I think that the TH issue is so big because of linebreeding. Sure, there would be a few cases of TH here and there, but linebreeding is what made it appear in alot of today's prominent cow families.  I think that all of the good things that Improver has brought us outweighs TH. It takes a heck of a bull to be bigger than TH.  JMO

SJ89 - DON'T BLAME THE DEXTERS, BLAME THE GALLOWAYS!!!! MY MISTAKE - THE DEXTERS IN AUSTRALIA HAVE THE PHA GENE - IT IS THE GALLOWAYS THAT HAVE THE TH GENE!!!!! AGHHH THE BRAIN HAS ADDLED!! DL

shortyjock89

dragon lady said:
shortyjock89 said:
I blame the Dexters -CURSE YOU DEXTERS!!!. No, but really I think that the TH issue is so big because of linebreeding. Sure, there would be a few cases of TH here and there, but linebreeding is what made it appear in alot of today's prominent cow families.  I think that all of the good things that Improver has brought us outweighs TH. It takes a heck of a bull to be bigger than TH.  JMO

SJ89 - DON'T BLAME THE DEXTERS, BLAME THE GALLOWAYS!!!! MY MISTAKE - THE DEXTERS IN AUSTRALIA HAVE THE PHA GENE - IT IS THE GALLOWAYS THAT HAVE THE TH GENE!!!!! AGHHH THE BRAIN HAS ADDLED!! DL

DL- can't we just blame both? haha

DL

shortyjock89 said:
dragon lady said:
shortyjock89 said:

DL- can't we just blame both? haha

LETS BLAME THEM BOTH AND THE BEEFPACAS TOO!!!

red

How can we blame a perfect animal?

Beefpaca! It's what the world needs!!!!!

Red (welcome)

red

shortyjock89 said:
knabe- good call..that is an excellent example of top Angus genetics.  I think that the first Shorthorn entry into the hall of fame should be Deerpark Improver.  , He is the basis for soo many herds today. I think that ELBEE should know. ;D   Irish genetics really pushed the Shorthorn breed to be the maternal powerhouse that it is (well, it is if you have the right kind of animals).  Descendants of Improver's still perform quite well in the showring and go on to make excellent cows.  He is what I would call "The Irish Cow Changer"        There are soo many other good Shorthorn bulls that I could talk about all day long, but Improver should be at the top of any Shorthorn breeder's list.

I have a question for you Shortyjock89- which Improver? Elbee sent me this message (hope you don't mind me sharing it Lee?):
"I'm assuming, for what that's worth, that you mean Deerpark Improver.
Deerpark Improver 3rd is the bull my father purchased in the 70's, and is
the hub of our program. Incidentally, Dr. Beever discovered there was no
parental link between old Improver and the 3rd, and as a matter of fact the
3rd has no link to any known Irish. Therefore I consider the 3rd
"foundation".
The Deerpark Leader (Dividend) line was just, if not more influential, than
the Improver line."

I guess, I'm not that up on Shorthorn genetics to be able to know which one you're talking about? I'm learning though! Which one should I go with?

Red :)))

DL

So ELBEE are you saying that Improver is not the dad of Improver the 3rd? (another case of who's your daddy??) How does the 2nd fit in - who is his daddy? And are all the other Improvers (19, 59 etc I think) sons of the original? Nice to have you Shorthorn gurus around! DL

shortyjock89

Well, I wasn't sure if the old Improver was related to Improver 3rd or not.  I asked some relatives of mine who I thought would know...They were wrong.  ELBEE makes a good point with the Leader (Dividend)line.  Does Improver 57 have the Irish heritage or not? That would probably influence which line I would go with.  Maybe we should get a different bull this time.  How about Dunbeacon Venture? He's an awesome Australian Import bull that has done some great things.

DL

OK - I know I am changing the subject (or at least the breed) but my vote for the Maine bull in the Hall of Fame is AA Black Gold 500 - I know he is a dark horse (so to speak) but I think he has had a major and good influence and when the time comes I will tell you why!

red

Ok, sounds good. I had thought about Cunia but he is such an obvious choice. It's interesting learning about some of the lesser know not as famous bulls.
I'll do the Maines next. Elbee & I are still hashing over the Shorthorns. Waiting for them to put their website back in working order.

Red

farmboy

I FOUND THIS ONE IN A BULL HALL OF FAME. JUST INTERESTING TO SEE WHAT YOU GET WHEN YOU CROSS BRANGUS WITH BISON,BUFFALO BILL THE BUCKIN BULL "FREAK OF NATURE" AS SAID IN THE TEXT

Attachments

• hf-buffbill.jpg
    hf-buffbill.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 710

BigGH

I think Heat wave needs to be put in the hall of fame. For the best club calf bull in the world hands down. Fo Sho

afhm

Regardless of TH and PHA status these should be included they have all done great things for the club calf industry and their respective breeds.
Meyer 734
Draft Pick
Irish Whiskey
Full Flush
Full Throttle
Sugar Ray
Double Stuff
Double Vision
Heat Wave
Heat Seeker
Who Made Who
Wyoming Wind
DHD Traveler 6807
EXT
Cunia
Power Plant
Witch Doctor
Chill Factor
OCC Anchor
OCC Emblazon
In due time these will probably qualify to be on the list:
Jakes Proud Jazz
Carney Man
Gambles Hot Rod
Paddy O Malley
Ali
Friction
DCC New Look

Doc

On the Shorthorn front , I would go with 1)  Deerpark Improver( right or wrong more cattle go back to him than the 3rd) ::)
                                                                  2) HS Rodeo Drive 062
                                                                  3) Deerpark Leader 13th aka Dividend
                                                                  4) TPS Coronet Leader 21st (there was more cattle registered by him than any other Shorty bull)
                                                                  5) CF Trump 
                                    On the Maines I agree with Cunia.

OH Breeder

calving Ease, growth, maternal abilities shorty front Elbee's Leaders GIZMO
With you on TPS Coronet Leader 21st