Bull ideas for 2 heifers

Help Support Steer Planet:

StarHShowCattle

I have 2 heifers I need to AI, both are 1st time heifers:
1. Heatwave x EXT cross heifer - moderate frame, very feminine
2. MAB x Charolais cross heifer - lots of power, long necked with a smaller head.

Any thoughts, birthweight is a concern as the MAB heifer was 87lbs at birth and the Heatwave was 85 lbs.

hntwhitetail

I have had good luck w/ Smokin' Joe and Gucci.  Both PB maine and came real small.

RankeCattleCo

Guessing at least that MAB has color, No Worries is an I-80 son out of a Whiskey cow, from experience here (on clubby bred heifers like yours) we have not had issues calving wise. Calves have some vigor and are very very hairy at birth. Smart, friendly calves.. Haven't had a stupid one yet who can't suck, etc. every calf born here has had a blaze face or chinstrap regardless of dam. This is across 2 years and 15 calves. Another benefit is his offspring can be registered Mainetainers even if the dam isn't. He might be a good candidate for both.  Best of luck with whatever route you take!

mark tenenbaum

I havent seen any no worries but would agree de-facto because of a great pedigree;and his picture-I also like comfort zone-I think along with the CE-he"ll make em soggy and and thick-really like his picture:and the calf pics. ive seen. O0