Bulls that sire the 'tamest' calves

Help Support Steer Planet:

Cattledog

Since we have gone through the list of the greatest people hating bulls, why don't we list the bulls that you use on the crazies to try and fix the nasty dispostions.  Here is my pick.

TC Freedom 104

SKF

Our About Time calves have been very gentle and this year we a Radioactive steer that is a big puppy dog.

Cattledog

zach said:
my dr whos have been absolute pets so far. so much that they try to eat my shirt in the showring  ???  :D

Well I guess that's better than getting drug around the showring!  :D

justintime

Our Major Leroy calves have his disposition. They are the easier calves I have ever had to break... Tie them up once and they are your friend for life.

doubled

SKF said:
Our About Time calves have been very gentle and this year we a Radioactive steer that is a big puppy dog.

I would agree with the Radioactive, our bull out of him is an absolute puppy, his disposition is awesome,
the hairy bear calves are nice disposition, the Dr who heifer we have is also nice and calm.

afhm

My tamest A.I. calves have been by:
Ali
Alias
Strictly Business
Irish Whiskey
CArney Man
Witch Doctor
Monsoon

Throttle

Alias cattle have been a little tamer than most at our place the last couple years. This is the first I've had any Dr. Who's and I had a heifer that broke in like two times being tied, then a steer that is a real knucklehead.

Gonna date myself here, but in the last few years of my steer showing days I had a steer by a bull called Total Recall. I guess I assume he was a Total Power or Total Play son, idk, but this steer was by far the tamest animal that I ever handled, period. Just a pet, and a real good steer too. His momma was 3/4 Herf though, so that mite've had something to do with it. I think that Herefords are probably the best dispositioned as a breed average.

bcosu

about 90% of the who's i have come into contact with are really tame. sometimes they come up to you in the pasture when you are in the gator and they try to lick you. i don't

i haven't really seen any mean direct hits, they can be ornery sometimes but overall they tend to be comfortable around humans. i've seen a couple that are basically pets

i can vouch for money shot calves, out of the 5 i have seen, only one had trust issues and that kind of runs with the cows family but the others are very tame and quiet

mooch

Who Made Whos always seemed to be big pets .Sure there were exceptions though.

clubcalve

I know that there isn't alot of experence with jonnywalker red but my steer out of him is the tamest steer I have ever shown (cow). I also have to agree with the alias calves being tame to.
HEY sly do you have a pic of that money shot of yours have only seen a handfull of his calves but they sure look good. ;D   

linnettejane

since i have started raising shorthorns,  i have the best dispositioned calves ever...we are usually able to lead ours and blow dry the first day...everything we have is either a granddaughter or great granddaughter of gizmo...

OH Breeder

linnettejane said:
since i have started raising shorthorns,  i have the best dispositioned calves ever...we are usually able to lead ours and blow dry the first day...everything we have is either a granddaughter or great granddaughter of gizmo...

Gizmo for sure. The one we have is wondeful heifer. The mother of this calf was also a sweet heart. When you would go into feed the mother daughter duo would fight for your attention. Little calf would stand in front of you for petting and then mom (an ex show heifer) would be right on your other side. I am hoping they both have nice one's this coming spring.

Davis Shorthorns

My bull Hunter, the biggest problem we have had with his last daughter is that we cant get a pict of her because she keeps commin up to me trying to get petted.  She is a big puppy dog. 

Diamond

I love my Dr. Whos they are puppy dogs. But the best by far was my old herd bull, bought him as a two yr old out in pasture brought him home never halter broke him but when we took him to sell he just followed us on the trailer, he was a bull you could trust and stamped all of his calves with that temperment.