Calf Pictures!

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

The wife and I went out and checked the calves over and took some pictures.  How are your most anticipated matings progressing?

1. Pictures 1 & 2 are the mating I was looking forward to the most.  6 week old Hfr.  Whiskey X Opal(Full sib to Northern Gun) 

2. Hfr- New Edition X Simi Cow

3.. 2 week old Steer- Carnyman X PB Angus(New Frontier X Kruggerand)

RSC

Attachments

• April 08 Ruby 1.jpg
    April 08 Ruby 1.jpg
    216.4 KB · Views: 1,304
  • April 08 Ruby 2.jpg
    April 08 Ruby 2.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 1,303
  • April 08 Calf 065 New Edition HFR.jpg
    April 08 Calf 065 New Edition HFR.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 1,281
  • April 08 Calf Tetonka.jpg
    April 08 Calf Tetonka.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 1,273

RSC

A few more pictures.

1. Duff New Edition/ Simi hfr again

2. PB Maine Hfr- Hard Core X Whtiney

RSC

Attachments

• April 08 Calf 065 New Edition HFR 2.jpg
    April 08 Calf 065 New Edition HFR 2.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 1,214
  • April 08 Calf Miley.jpg
    April 08 Calf Miley.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 1,212

farmgirl760

What is the breed of the first post last picture Tetonka? Is she full Maine? That is an adorable calf!!!

red

that New Edition heifer really looks sassy! She's got that showey look to her!

Red

RSC

farmgirl760 said:
What is the breed of the first post last picture Tetonka? Is she full Maine? That is an adorable calf!!!
Tetonka is 2 week old steer, Carneyman X PB Angus(New Frongtier X Krug).  Since you asked about that calf, I have to tell you
about the name Tetonka(Not sure if spelled right).  My 9 year old Son Grant, loves the movie Dances with Wolves.  Tetonka in the movie was
the Indian name for Buffalo.  In Nebraska if you are a Kearney Man, you live in Buffalo County.  Is that Creative?

I have been very happy with the looks of the Carneyman steers.  I expected good heifers but the steers appear to be very marketable for a Maternal Sire.

RSC

justme

OK these aren't calf pics. but my daughter took these this weekend on our trip to Nebraska and thought they were neat.  Its Major's Money Man.

Attachments

• MM#2.jpg
    MM#2.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 1,212
  • MM#1.jpg
    MM#1.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,252

justme

Here is a body pic. of Money Man.  I really think he looks awesome for his age.  A 10 year old took this picture remember lol.  Also, I am not putting this up here for people to bash Major's.  I just think its neat to see an AI bull in his working clothes.  I don't think the catalog pictures does him justice.  They have a Money Man son they are working on right now to promote.  I was REALLY impressed with him.  I didn't get a picture though due to him being in a barn and the lighting was bad.  Just thought you'd enjoy some of her pics.  Red thought you'd enjoy them too.

Attachments

• mmbody.jpg
    mmbody.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 1,121

RSC

justme said:
OK these aren't calf pics. but my daughter took these this weekend on our trip to Nebraska and thought they were neat.  Its Major's Money Man.
Great pictures.  JM, if your ever heading west on I-80, were less than an hour North of York.  Guests, welcome anytime.  That is one bull that if they he say he is this or that, you can believe it.  Don't know the Major's very well but they seem to be as honest as they come.

RSC

red

now that's a real life bull! He looks very well fed & cared for.
Bet he doesn't have any leg/feet problems.
Red

justme

Wish I would have known, granted from NW MO to North Platte is one long haul!  I think the world of Major's.  Were rebuilding alot of our herd around there genetics.  I just hate when you post something nice, people turn in around to be a bashing.  That's why I didn't do a money man post.  His new son Hemi looks like the real deal.  I think he's getting collected today for the first time.  Cann't wait to hear when he's going to be on the market.

Does this look familiar?  My daughter loves this!

Attachments

• york.jpg
    york.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 1,205

OH Breeder

RSC said:
justme said:
Great pictures.  JM, if your ever heading west on I-80, were less than an hour North of York.  Guests, welcome anytime.  That is one bull that if they he say he is this or that, you can believe it.  Don't know the Major's very well but they seem to be as honest as they come.

RSC

He looks great . THANK YOU FOR THE PICTURE!

marsh

I have finally got some pictures taken.  First time to post so I hope it works.  These 2 bull calves were born late February. 

1.  DJ Salution X Habanero.  Dam is a full sister to Rowe Miss Habanero 42FJ. 

2.  Dr. Who X Meyer 734.  Dam is a daughter of Rowe Miss Habanero 42FJ.

Attachments

• DJ Salution11.jpg
    DJ Salution11.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 709
  • DW X Meyer.jpg
    DW X Meyer.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 712

marsh

Here are a couple of Shorthorn plus calves I have.  Both were born in late February.

1.  Jake's Proud Jazz X Foreplay bull

2.  Vegas X Quick Fix heifer

Attachments

• Proud Jazz 11.jpg
    Proud Jazz 11.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 722
  • Vegas11.jpg
    Vegas11.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 708

showsteerdlux

marsh said:
I have finally got some pictures taken.  First time to post so I hope it works.  These 2 bull calves were born late February. 

1.  DJ Salution X Habanero.  Dam is a full sister to Rowe Miss Habanero 42FJ. 

2.  Dr. Who X Meyer 734.  Dam is a daughter of Rowe Miss Habanero 42FJ.
I love the Dr. Who!! very nice calf.

Jill

I can tell you we have known Major's for the past 14 years, bought our very 1st Maine calf from them and if you have the cahoona's to bash Major's you are in the wrong business, they are as hard working as any family out there and they do it quietly and honestly.