Cattle e-marketing

Help Support Steer Planet:

cowz

This is a spin off of our marketing thread.    What do think about marketing cattle through the use of email advertising.  I find that I get an average of 4 cattle related emails advertising sales of one kind or another.

Do you like receiving them or do you find them to be an irritation??  What do you think?

sjcattleco

SPAM FOLDER!!!! :mad: :mad:

What T's me off is that we have dial up and they include pics that  are huge files !! takes 10 minutes to get your email for a bunch of crap that you don't want anyway....

OH Breeder

sjcattleco said:
SPAM FOLDER!!!! :mad: :mad:

What T's me off is that we have dial up and they include pics that  are huge files !! takes 10 minutes to get your email for a bunch of crap that you don't want anyway....
sending you some more pictures............KIDDING ;D

cowz

sjcc and OH breeder....send me your email address to [email protected] and I will be sure to forward all of mine to you guys!!! ;D

justme

I'm too busy to mess with it I delete instantly unless its a farm I've done business from

JSchroeder

The people I've talked to who use it say that it's extremely effective and almost always has a positive ROI for sales with an online catalog.  However, e-mail marketing in general is extremely effective if you have a large enough list.  There's a reason spam keeps coming even though 99.9%+ of it is deleted as soon as it arrives.

While I don't really need to be updated on DVAuction's entire sale schedule every single day, it's less annoying than those Nigerians who want my bank account number.

red

I like some, I get some really good things from EDJE & they cover a wide variety of topics. I try to sign up for ones from people I generally deal w/ or have sold through. Some companies, that's how they're sending out catalogs anymore.
I do agree w/ Scott that if possible make sure the pictures a small enough to download & of good quality.
What I don't like is getting pictures from people that I have repeatably asked for them not to send me pictures. Mainly because their program just doesn't work for me. I've had to put one individual in my block file because it just doesn't seem to sink in! To get 4 different e-mails in one day that contain 5-6 pictures of steers just don't make me happy. Especially when they're bad quality pictures & subpar animals.

Red