Cavs vs. Spurs

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

spurs defense isn't going to spread like detroit did.  when i watched highlights of james scoring the last 25, it was amazing how everyone was spread so wide.  spurs in 5.  cavs haven't had enough experience adjusting with it all on the line yet. 

knabe

and did they deserve to win that one?

gotta admit, the refs played the best game that day.  they got way more commercials on the air.  and the paris hilton of that day, maurice, who went on to better things,  nice to see he backed it up with an education.  probably never baled hay.

shortyjock89

I like LeBron James...he is a hoss.  I also like Gibson. He might be the best sixth man in the game.  That being said, the Spurs do have more experience in high pressure games, but I think that the Cavs can pull it off.

farmboy

OK, KING JAMES (lol) CAN DO ANYTHING WITH THE BALL, OR KICK IT OUT TO DONYELL MARSHALL, DISH IT TO BIG Z IN THE POST. SHANNON BROWN IS A GOOD PLAYER AS WELL. PEOPLE WHO SAY ITS ONLY LJ ARNT LOOKING DEEP ENOUGH.

CAVS IN 4, YEA I SAID 4.

knabe

farmboy, out here in warrior land, i remember marshall as kinda of a good weather scorer, and a good rebounder, marginal on defense when it mattered and prone to foul trouble if he was guarding somebody good.  he's got great long arms for his body, probably in the top 1% in the league in that category, but the king is going to be passing out leaflets, i mean basketballs if the cavs win.  it's going to be interesting to see the foul shooting of duncan down the stretch.  and seriously, is horry still playing.  i mean the prince of bel aire makes movies now and this dude is still playing ball?  a seventh NBA title for that dude?    man, talk about being at the right place at the right time.  played with hakeem, oneal, duncan, and of course the other's (jordan).

farmboy

knabe said:
farmboy, out here in warrior land, i remember marshall as kinda of a good weather scorer, and a good rebounder, marginal on defense when it mattered and prone to foul trouble if he was guarding somebody good.  he's got great long arms for his body, probably in the top 1% in the league in that category, but the king is going to be passing out leaflets, i mean basketballs if the cavs win.  it's going to be interesting to see the foul shooting of duncan down the stretch.  and seriously, is horry still playing.  i mean the prince of bel aire makes movies now and this dude is still playing ball?  a seventh NBA title for that dude?     man, talk about being at the right place at the right time.  played with hakeem, oneal, duncan, and of course the other's (jordan).
GOOD 3 BALLER AS WELL

jason

Well the Spurs won, King James is going to have to step it up like the end of the Pistons series, for the Cavs to have a chance.

knabe

dang farmboy you beat me to it

I'LL HAVE TO EAT MY WORDS, CAVS IN 5

the other thing about marshall, don't know if he's improved, is that he relied on his long arms as a 3 and couldn't do the 3-pointers over a 4, so he became kinda one dimnesional.  couldn't make the 15-20 footer.  didn't really excel like horry, horace grant or other 3's at rebounding both defensively and offensively.  he was a good rebounder when the ball bounced far off the rim, but wouldn't duke it out for defensive rebouds.  since the warriors shot 3's when he was here, the rebounds were long, so his rebounds were kind of inflated.

i'm not rooting for either team, just like to see good games.  king james (and the rest of the team for that matter) needs to adjust within the game, not between them.

gocanes719

farmboy said:
I'LL HAVE TO EAT MY WORDS, CAVS IN 5

You must not have watched the first game.  The spurs were not eve close to theirbest in game 1.  You might want to reconsider who yuor handing the best 6th man award to as well.  He resides in SA and his name is Manu Ginobli.  

knabe

You must not have watched the first game.  The spurs were not eve close to theirbest in game 1.  You might want to reconsider who yuor handing the best 6th man award to as well.  He resides in SA and his name is Manu Ginobli. 

gocanes719

hey cane, this is why i don't like the spurs in the pantheon of history, or even the nba that much.  without getting too nostalgice, this is why i liked watching everything pre bird and johnson.  even during the season, everyone seemed to plat at a higher level, relatively speaking of course.  i loved watching russell chamberlein, dr j. lose all those times to the team concept, till he surrounded himself with moses, toney.  to bad barkeley didn't get their one year earlier.  that was it for me with basketball and listening every night on the radio, tv and going to games.

who is the only player in history to lead the NCAA in scoring, and the next year the NBA?  you better know cane. ;D

gocanes719

farmboy said:
I WATCHED THE GAME. EVERY TEAM HAS A OFF-NIGHT.

DREW GOODEN HAD A GOOD GAME TO. THEYLL' GET EM' ;)

They have no answer for Tony Parker.  Gibson has been playing over his head and will cool off.  Gooden won't play a game better than he had last night.  Parker and Duncan will play just like last night the whole series.  You can also have Finley or Ginobli score 30 at any given time.  The sprurs bench is far superior to the cavs.  You people from Ohio are wishful thinking.