Charolais / Angus Heifer

Help Support Steer Planet:

RSC

I forgot about Taz.  Taz is another very good recommendation for use on heifers.
[/quote]

Taz is a good option.  The steer calf could be something you could market as a clubcalf & the Heifer a keeper!

The picture below is a Taz steer my son showed this past summer that we purchased from Freddy.  He is out of a 1st calf Charolais heifer.

RSC

Attachments

• Grant & Mater Final.jpg
    Grant & Mater Final.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 540

afhm

Went back and looked, Vanilla Ice only had a 80 or 83# BW so that isn't to out of line to try on a heifer.  There are other "heifer bulls" that had a much higher BW than that.

DL

afhm said:
Went back and looked, Vanilla Ice only had a 80 or 83# BW so that isn't to out of line to try on a heifer.  There are other "heifer bulls" that had a much higher BW than that.

Not to be contrary but the BW of the bull - even if accurate doesn't make him safe for heifers - you could have an 80 pound bull who was a twin to an 80 pound bull or an 80 pound bull that was induced 2 weeks early or an 80 pound bull that was delivered early or an 80 pound bull who really weighed 100 pounds but he was weighed by the eyeball method or an 80 pound bull that actually was never weighed - lots of things go into the weight of the calf, not just his fathers weight - like I said before I don't like to gamble with heifers

Latest posts