Chopping hay

Help Support Steer Planet:

red

up North, I'm working on an updated brochure for the farm. I might pick your brains on some ideas.
The biggest challenge is explaining a cost benefit to people that they can't see right away but shows up down to road or in the bunk.
Never thought of it from a manure standpoint but that is critical issue.
Have you ever dealt w/ liquid silage products that contain molasses? Like the LSA the Cargill carried?

Red

knabe

thanks up north.  we were only measuring TDN, pH like you mentioned, and  or protein or something i can't remember.  you bring up excellent points.  Have you done any work on forages with different sugar content such and perhaps lower N, higher water soluble carbohydrates resulting in greater efficiency and perhaps lowered ammonia.  sorry to sound like a commercial if you know what i mean.  looking for independent verification.  looking for merit of higher sugar forage without silage.  is better cell wall digestibility directly linked to higher sugar forage that is not silaged?  this sounds like an advertisement for smaller poops for bigger dogs with better digested dog food, and perhaps less water waste as well.

red

picture of one of the trucks loading into the bagger.

As a producer, if you were looking a brochure for custom chopping would you rather see pictures or details on the operation? I'm going to have the custom rates also included in it plus contact numbers but was trying to decide on how much wording. My hubby hates to read so for him pictures are the best. Any other opinions?

Red

Attachments

• bagger.jpg
    bagger.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 220