Clubby Bulls & Frame Score

Help Support Steer Planet:

Stihlpro

I have been using Clubby bulls for about 3 years now and have been really happy with some and dissappointed in alot.  I know that alot of people seem to want bulls that downsize but in our area (WA) the judges seem to hate the small framed steers.  I have sold some steers to kids that turned out great (well finished, appropriate weight) but did poorly due to frame score.  Since many of the bulls being promoted say nothing about frame scores, what are some bulls that will produce more moderately framed, attractive looking steers?

Joe Boy

Lifeline, Hard Core, Ali some of mine have been larger framed than the two previous bulls, Habanero... Ice Man and they are thick.

More bone but still moderate but seems to be on the upper side of moderate, Sin City.

Joe Boy

My brother has had great results on his ear cattle with Mossy Oak, Paddy O'Malley, Cowboy Cut, Strictly Business.

Stihlpro

Thanks for the info!  The only bull I've used on the list is Paddy O'Malley.  I got 3 solid steers out of him this year and 2 of the 3 seem to be headed in the right direction.  Thanks again. ;D

chambero

Hannibal and some of the other Full Flush sons can produce taller calves if used on good-sized females.

There is also a true Chiangus bull called Flash Magic that can raise some good steers and females.  If you have cows from common club calf lines, he would be a pretty good outcross.  There are some other ChiAngus bulls you might look to also.

OH Breeder

I am not trying to be  smart, but clubby bulls and frame scores is really an oxymoron. What I have heard but can't substantiate, if they are small in Denver their birth date was April/ May  if they are larger November/ December born. I know that is not very nice.

Fear This little more frame. Calberta Black Imapct- Great females. I have  a Kaboom and seen a few that are nice sized and lots of body.

I would think that Salute and Final SOlution would throw more moderate framed calves. I haven't had any. I know there are a few on there.