COLLEGE FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

garybob

shortdawg said:
Darren McFadden is one of the most exciting players I've ever seen. The Heisman used to go to the player that meant the most to his team so, could you imagine what Akansas would be without him. He's got my vote ! He not only runs for touchdowns but also throws a few. (dog)
Ya dang-skippy, we wouldn't be doo-diddley squat without, sans, and sin McFadden. He basically, as of right now, (Thanks to a bunch of drama from head coach, athletic director, a brat's mama, etc.) IS the Arkansas Razorbacks.  THAT is a Heisman Candidate.

Ruchian

I agree that McFadden is probably the best player in the nation and that he should be considered a favorite for the Heisman, but in past years the voters have emphasized team success more than they should and don't place enough importance talent and importance to the team.  I also think that Tebow is overrated right now.  I think that as he spends more time as a starter he will turn into the player everyone says he is; I just thinks he needs a little polishing.

gatorbait

Ruchian said:
I agree that McFadden is probably the best player in the nation and that he should be considered a favorite for the Heisman, but in past years the voters have emphasized team success more than they should and don't place enough importance talent and importance to the team.  I also think that Tebow is overrated right now.  I think that as he spends more time as a starter he will turn into the player everyone says he is; I just thinks he needs a little polishing.

Tebow overrated thats blasphemy  :D haha He has the highest QB rating right now according to espn. 21 TD 4 interceptions  I can't wait till he's more polished it'll be so shiny at night in gatortown I'll have to wear my shades when I come back to visit. Okay so I might be a little prejudice. ;D  McFadden is GOOD though.

steermaker

Even though I am a hard core Buckeye fan, I think that the Dixon kid from Oregon is making a case for Heisman.  Don't get to see him play much living back East but he looks good on the highlight reel.

On a somewhat related note, anyone hearing who is going to replace Callahan at Nebraska?  I am hoping that they don't steal the coach from University of Buffalo.  Turner Gill has really done some wonderful things for what has been a struggling program.  As much as I would like to see him "get ahead" I hope he stays in WNY.

shorthorns r us

steermaker said:
Even though I am a hard core Buckeye fan, I think that the Dixon kid from Oregon is making a case for Heisman.  Don't get to see him play much living back East but he looks good on the highlight reel.

On a somewhat related note, anyone hearing who is going to replace Callahan at Nebraska?  I am hoping that they don't steal the coach from University of Buffalo.  Turner Gill has really done some wonderful things for what has been a struggling program.  As much as I would like to see him "get ahead" I hope he stays in WNY.

rumor here in big 12 country is that osborne has his eye on two coordinators from the sec to give the blackshirts some credibility and reestablish the power running game with a figurehead recruiter as head coach that wil get the talent and get out of the way.  i expect the head coach will be from the west coast.

TJ

TJ said:
This heisman race is too close to call.  I am glad that Matt Ryan & BC lost because I think that both are simply the products of playing against a weak schedule. Hawaii & it's QB, Colt Brennan, is the exact same story.   

I like Dennis Dixon & he might be the front runner, but I don't think that he's the best player.   McFadden, Woodson & Tebow are probably the top 3 players in the USA, but all 3 are playing against SEC defenses that beat up on them week after week & that really hurts them. 

^  BTW, another top player, IMHO, is Harry Douglas, a WR for Louisville.  He's been injured part of this season & his team has struggled, so he wont get any Heisman love.  However, he just might be the best WR that I have seen all year... he's outrageously good!!  In 2 consecutive games this year, he had a total of 25 catches for somewhere around 450 yards!!   

jason

Here is some irony,

Us K-State Fans are already talking basketball (one of top recruiting classes)  while KU fans are fixated on football.

KU is ranked #4 in basketball and football this week, too bad I am K-State fan.

Jill

We live about 20 minutes from Lawrence, so this is pretty much KU country, normally KU is looking forward to basketball, the shoe seems to be on the other foot this year.  Who knows maybe K-State will shine on the hard court. We have a movie about the basketball  history of the rivalry and they have gone back and forth throughout history, I think it's way past our turn ;D  Congratulations to you KU fans out there, it is nice to see a Kansas team succeed.

shortdawg

The Seniors at UGA came to coach Richt on Tues. with a request to rely the message that they wanted every DAWG fan to wear Black to the game. They said it would be cool and display unity for the whole DAWG NATION. I think it will be a neat deal. Usually everyone wears Red shirts and Black pants, skirts, etc. They broke out some black pants for a bowl game a few years ago.

P.S. Hey LINZ, could the Black mean gloom and doom for those visiting Tigers from the Plains ?  ;D Good luck and may the best team win ! ;)

bd

just to let you know arkansas is gonna beat the vols this weekend,then kill the lsu tigers and be sec champs.then we will be in one of the bcs bowls!
go D-MAC & FELIX JONES!!!!!

gatorbait

shortdawg said:
The Seniors at UGA came to coach Richt on Tues. with a request to rely the message that they wanted every DAWG fan to wear Black to the game. They said it would be cool and display unity for the whole DAWG NATION. I think it will be a neat deal. Usually everyone wears Red shirts and Black pants, skirts, etc. They broke out some black pants for a bowl game a few years ago.

P.S. Hey LINZ, could the Black mean gloom and doom for those visiting Tigers from the Plains ?  ;D Good luck and may the best team win ! ;)

Ha shortdawg we did a white out to AU because our colors are similar. The game was ugly for us. No hard feelings but worst of luck to ya'll! ;D

garybob

Without regard to the Heisman Trophy, I think McFadden, Jones, and Monk are more NFL-material than others percieve them to be. Gotta go, before I start "calling the 'hawgs!" Wwwwwoooooooooooooooooo...PIG! Ssssuuuuuuuey!

TJ

gatorbait said:
shortdawg said:

Ha shortdawg we did a white out to AU because our colors are similar. The game was ugly for us. No hard feelings but worst of luck to ya'll! ;D

Gatorbait... no hard fellings, but I just want to say "Go Gamecocks!!" 

BTW, I badly want UGA to win this week!!  HOWEVER, I am very sorry Shortdawg, but I am hoping that UGA gets destroyed the following week.  ;)  Well, destroyed might be a little harsh.  I'd settle for a 1 point loss by UGA the following week.  But, that's still over a week away... this week I am saying GO UGA  (dog)  (dog)  (dog)!!!! 

Ruchian

gatorbait said:
Tebow overrated thats blasphemy  :D haha He has the highest QB rating right now according to espn. 21 TD 4 interceptions  I can't wait till he's more polished it'll be so shiny at night in gatortown I'll have to wear my shades when I come back to visit. Okay so I might be a little prejudice. ;D  McFadden is GOOD though.

I just want to clarify exactly what I meant.  Tebow is a good passer and a good running quarterback.  What I meant is that his complete game needs to be polished more.  When you compare his running to someone like Dixon's his is more like a runningback than a quarterback.  With Dixon he will start to run then pull up and throw it if he sees someone open.  When Tebow decides to run he runs, he doesn't pull up and throw much.

gatorbait

Ruchian said:
I just want to clarify exactly what I meant.  Tebow is a good passer and a good running quarterback.  What I meant is that his complete game needs to be polished more.  When you compare his running to someone like Dixon's his is more like a runningback than a quarterback.  With Dixon he will start to run then pull up and throw it if he sees someone open.  When Tebow decides to run he runs, he doesn't pull up and throw much.

I got ya. It's all in good sport. I'm not really sold on the pull up and throw. Throwing on the run leads to poor throws and players trying to force things. It also leaves the ball out if they get hit and that causes fumbles. If coverage is good running forces safety's and all to consider QB running on the next play which leads to open receivers. Besides why dally around on what could happen when you know you have 6-7 yards you can pick easy just my opinion.  :)
  Tebow just broke Emmit Smith's season rushing TD record at UF. He also has more season TD than Danny Wuerffel or any QB in SEC history with 2 pushover games left expect that number to rise. Five rushing TD in one game 42 TD on the season completes 68% of his passes. If the stats get better next year I can't wait.  It'll be ashame if he doesn't win the He15man this year. Dixon will probable win but Macfadden and Tebow both will have a bigger impact at the next level.

go wildcats!!! win the Heisman Woodsen if thats what it takes to get the job done!

TJ

shortdawg said:
TJ, It's showtime !!!!!!! May the best team win ! (dog)

Shortdawg, I am hoping for a hard fought, injury free game for both teams.  I am also hoping that we get a good officiating crew & they call a good game.  Even though we beat Vandy, that JV SEC crew that was at Vandy was downright AWFUL & that might be putting it lightly... Coach Brooks almost got fined for his comments, it was that bad!!    :mad:

The UK/UGA game is going to be interesting.  Both teams have been ranked in the top 10 for several weeks this year & both are currently ranked in the top 25.  Both teams have played like Dr. Jykle & Mr. Hyde... translation... both have played really good & really bad.  UGA is on a hot streak right now & we are starting to heat back up.  Other than our starting safety, Marcus McClinton, who is out for the season with an injury, & Rafeal Little who is questionable, this is the healthiest we've been in a LONG time.  I think that UGA is pretty healthy too. 

UGA has these things on it's side... hot streak, home advantage, looking for revenge after we beat them last year, they are a 7.5 point favorite, etc.

HOWEVER, other than this game being played in Athens, GA, I could not have asked for a better scenario!  I just heard an ESPN announcer say that he thinks that both UGA & UT will win out & that seems to be the "mindset of most in the media"... translation... everyone has written UK off.  We thrive in the underdog role, the pressure is off, we are healthy, we will be fired up like crazy for these last 2 games.  We also have several Georgia kids on our roster... Wesley Woodyard, Braxton Kelley, Demoreo Ford & Randall Burden, all hailing from LaGrange HS (multi Georgia state champs).  Also, Trevard Lindley, Sam Maxwell, Roger Williams, Eric Scott,  EJ Adams, Travis Day, Shane McCord, Ross Bogue, Chris Goode, James Alexander, Charles Mustafaa, Brandon Thurmond, Terrence Jones, Greg Wilson & Anthony Mosley.  All those kids are going to be extra fired up playing UGA! Anyway, we may not win either game, but we might win both.  If we can beat LSU, we can beat anybody on a given Saturday.  I may be wrong, but I expect an LSU type of effort in these last 2 games. 
;)  ;D

With all that said, if Georgia wins this game, I think that they will be playing LSU in the SEC Championship game.  I really do.  ;)   

LOOKING FORWARD TO SATURDAY!!  ;D  May both teams play their hearts out & I hope that the team that plays the best comes out the winner.  I've been pulling for the Dawgs, but this week I am hoping that I hear 2 of my favorite words... "Touchdown Kenucky!!"  a buncht!!  ;)  ;D

shortdawg

TJ, I think things are shaping up for us to be able to attend the game. We have been season ticket holders for years and this is the first time in a while we haven't been able to go to a game early in the year. I'm excited and anxious to see your KY team in person. I personally think it will be a shootout b/c I know you all will score points on us. My prediction is 42-31 DAWGS.  (dog)

TJ

shortdawg said:
TJ, I think things are shaping up for us to be able to attend the game. We have been season ticket holders for years and this is the first time in a while we haven't been able to go to a game early in the year. I'm excited and anxious to see your KY team in person. I personally think it will be a shootout b/c I know you all will score points on us. My prediction is 42-31 DAWGS.  (dog)

I hope that you can attend this game, because I think that it's going to be a really good one.  Also, I'd really like to hear your honest thoughts about UK (even the negative) after the game.  Hopefully, you will see some fire from our team & very physical, hard hitting play!  I'll be watching the game on our local Lincoln Finacial network station, but anyone with ESPN Gameplan can watch it outside the southeast.   

The reason that I logged on & got on here is because I received word earlier today that Rafael Little was able to practice this morning & looks likely for Saturday!!  The only player out is starting safety, Marcus McClinton (except for those hurt in the preseason).  That means that we are the healthiest that we've been since the opener!!  It also means that the 2 RB's who played against UGA last year are now running 3rd (Tony Dixon) & 4th string (Alphonso Smith), as Derrick Locke is now running 2nd string & Little will likely play this year.

RE your prediction... it just depends upon which UK team shows up & which UGA team shows up, it also depends upon who wins the turnover battle & it depends upon how much of a factor the crowd becomes.  I can see UGA scoring in the 40's & I can see them holding us in the lower 20's (similar to the Auburn game).  However, I can also see UK scoring in the upper 40's & UK holding UGA in the upper 20's.  If I were to guess, I think that it will be a 30 something to 30 something game.  In a pick em contest, I picked UK 38 - UGA 31, but this match up could go either way, IMHO. 

Hurry up Saturday & get here... I am getting goosebumps!!