College Football

Help Support Steer Planet:

jason

I started a new thread, since it is a new year.  Who is your team and how are they are going to do?

My team is the K-State Wildcats and I think Missouri is going to take the North pretty easy and the best we can hope for is 2nd.  I also interested in how Freeman is going to perform this year.

1%20powercat.jpg

linnettejane

<----------  LETS GO....MOUNTAINEERS!  <party>

BIG EAST CHAMPS!

WVU 2008 Schedule:

Sat. Aug. 30 Villanova
Sat. Sept. 6 at East Carolina
Thur. Sept. 18 at Colorado (ESPN)
Sat. Sept. 27 Marshall (in state rival)
Sat. Oct. 4 Rutgers
Sat. Oct. 11 Syracuse (Homecoming)
Thur. Oct. 23 Auburn (ESPN)
Sat. Nov. 1 at Connecticut
Sat. Nov. 8 Cincinnati (Mountaineer Week)
Sat. Nov. 22 at Louisville
Fri. Nov. 28 at Pitt (ABC)
Sat. Dec. 6 USF (ESPN or ESPN2)

fluffer

GO BUCKEYES!

Anyone heard how Benie Wells is doing?  Hope he isn't out for the season.  I am so pumped for the USC game the 13th. 

Fluffer

RSC

Nebraska, Go Big Red.  Season tickets, they're up in the Hayloft where the pigeons hang out but the boys love it!

Jason, The North will be tough, 2nd will be an accomplishment.  The Big 12 is not far behind the SEC this year, IMO.

RSC

BIGTEX

HOOK EM HORNS. I know big suprise.

Michigan and Texas A & M sure looked good the first week.

rtnok

BOOMER SOONER Big 12 champs and hopefully National Champs if things go just right. roni

RSC

rtnok said:
BOOMER SOONER Big 12 champs and hopefully National Champs if things go just right. roni

I'd say you have a shot at all the above, If Bobby can get out of the Bowl Game Slump?

RSC

rtnok

Yes, RSC bobby has been in the choke mode maybe this year we can come out of it. We have to win the south first and colt looked real good in the last game and TT always causes us fits. We have the linemen this year so now is the time to do something. roni

Ruchian

I'm an Oregon fan which is a little weird since I'm going to Oregon State.  If they play the way they did last week they will push USC for the PAC-10.  Their offense has always been good  and this year they have a defense to go with it.  They have what most people consider to be one of the if not the best secondarys in the nation and the front seven played great last game.  not to mention nick reed is one of the best defensive linemen around.
fluffer said:
GO BUCKEYES!

Anyone heard how Benie Wells is doing?  Hope he isn't out for the season.  I am so pumped for the USC game the 13th. 

Fluffer

He is fine, he said he could play this week but they are going to keep him out since they are just playing Ohio.

Reinken Cattle Co.

Go Cyclones!! all I can say is hope we have a better year then the last... Gotta stay a good fan! The parents have been season ticket holders for 25 years...

Davis Shorthorns

K....S....U....Wildcats....K....S....U....Wildcats....KKKKKK....SSSSSS....UUUUU....Wildcats!!!!  Go cats and after last weeks performance with Freeman gaining co big 12 offensive player of the week honors I think if we can avoid the injury bug we will do OK. 

bcosu

how bout them buckeyes? i wonder if beanie getting hurt was kind of a thing to mess with usc like what they had mark sanchez. he looked fine in the season opener for 4 quarters against a pitiful virginia team. i don't think anyone in the big ten can touch osu. with the amount of talent and as deep as they have i think there is a very good chance they could win a national championship. did anyone watch ucla and tennessee. for a contending sec team, tennessee couldn't do anything against an awful ucla team. any time a quarterback throws 4 picks in one half, there should be no chance that they are only down by one touchdown at halftime.

shortdawg

Dawgs will end up in Miami for the Title against ???????? The pollsters have already punished us for starting 1-0 against a team that brought down App. State who one the Nat'l Title and beat Michigan in the Big House. I think they just wanted to have USC at the top. I guess they are more politically correct than my Dawgs  ??? Vandy beating  S. Carolina was a pretty impressive win for a bunch of Doctor and Lawyer jocks (I liked it). We have a murderous schedule that if we can get through with one loss (possibly two) could still  have us in the running for a Jan. 8th date in Miami. A third of the SEC is in the Top 10.

aj

Color me optimestic for K-State. I have them going 9-3.I think the cats may get beat by O.U. Missouri, and either Texas Tech or K.U.. |Since K-States schedule is soft earlier. Louisvile.Texas A.M. look terrible. Colorado will be beat up when ksu gets to them.Freeman hit like 9 different receivers last week with Lamark Brown even getting a touchdown. I think K.U. and N.U. may be beat up when the cats get to them. With both Moores playing again on defensive I have high hopes for state. They weren't to bad last year till Klein the nosetackle went down before the Nebraska game. If a teams quarter back goes down it could be a problem for most of the teams.

Ausley Family Farms

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!  RAZORBACKS! Probably not going to be one of our best seasons. We have a real young team and a new coach. We are switching from having a powerhouse running game to running a little bit more of a passing game. 1st game was a win against the leathernecks.

GONEWEST

I was just wondering if anyone besides shortdawg actually watched college football? And I feel so, so sorry for Arkansas, how that guy ever got another job after what he did to the Falcons is beyond imagination.

TJ

What about Kentucky's defense?  They have only allowed 3 points to be scored on them in 2 games & one of those opponents just scored 51 points today!  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:

The Kentucky team has only given up 5 points in 2 games for an avg of 2.5 per game!!  Meanwhile, Kentucky has put 65 points on the scoreboard in 2 games... could've been more points tonight, but Coach Brooks has class & he will not run it up on anyone.  I have never ever seen a defense like this one at Kentucky... never! 

True Freshman Randall Cobb looked like a young Michael Vick or Antwan Randle EL at QB tonight!  2 TD's rushing & 1 TD passing in very limited action at QB.  He gives us a good change up to Michael Hartline.  Cobb played QB, WR & punt returner.  Phil Fulmer is probably sick to his stomach that he let the Alcoa, TN HS, 4 time state champ get away!  Cobb is a baller! 

Kentucky also has quick on quick running backs.  I'm not sold on the offense just yet, but they are getting better & the talent is there.  If our young kids on the offense grow up before SEC play starts, we may upset a team or 2 or 3.  Maybe even the Vols & the Gators & the (dog)  (dog)  (dog)   

(thumbsup)  (clapping)      <party>  <party>  <party>