Congradulation to Greg Ruehle.

Help Support Steer Planet:

DL

ELBEE said:
On his appointment as American Shorthorn Association secretary.

OK ELBEE - who is he? Is this a good thing? I hear the registrar was let go, will Nick still have his position?

ELBEE

From Seward NE.. Was let go????by NE cattlemans assn.. Will be working WITH Nic! Comes highly recommended by freinds in NE.. Looking forward to meeting him.

shorthorns r us

elbee - will hammet really stay?  or will he go to work for another red breed that really cares about its commercial presence?  didn't he and bolze have a strong relationship?

Jill

Maybe (fingers crossed) they will get someone in the position (registrar) that is knowlegdable and CHEERFUL. ;D

ELBEE

We can only hope Nick will stay. I don't see why he and Bolze can't work together, still, from they're respective breeds, for the good of the industry. I believe there's room in the world for everybody.

red

I called one time to ask about registering my red cow as an appendix. Never was treated like I was the biggest idiot before on questions. Well, maybe I am sometimes but don't need to be told that!

Red

DL

SRU said:
are you saying that yot didn't enjoy calling to check on papers?

Imagine that! I have more hassles registering a handful of Shorties that I ever do with the Maines - and they never seem to return your calls and they never seem to be available - but you do get voice mail - gotta love it - one time I was put right on thru to Brent 'cause they (she) thought I was his mother!  (lol) (lol) (lol)

Sounds like it could be a good thing....

shorthorns r us

during my lifetime i have never gad a call returned about registrations and i have dealt with shorthorn, maine, angus, simmi, chi, spot, hamp, duroc, york, suffolk, hamp, dorset and southdown folks.

DL

SRU said:
c=1027.msg10154#msg10154 date=1181598914]
during my lifetime i have never gad a call returned about registrations and i have dealt with shorthorn, maine, angus, simmi, chi, spot, hamp, duroc, york, suffolk, hamp, dorset and southdown folks.

Whoa!! Do you think it is something about you (that is a sick jokes folks - I like ol' SRU (lol) (lol) (lol))??? Probably a good thing you don't have registered horses~! What annoyed me most about the ASA is if they have no intentions of answering your calls or emails why do they pretend that they will?  I'd rather get a busy signal than a voice mail telling me how important my call is and that they are on another call or away from their desk (do I really care) and that if I leave my name and number they will get back to me..........aghhhhhhhhhhhhh. On the other hand I have found the SHorthorn breeders I have had todeal with re certificates etc to be fabulous - but then maybe I picked the good guys.  I have found that the Maines always answer my emails - I don't call anymore - just email.

shorthorns r us

dl - you could be right. my naturally uncharming demeanor can be off-putting to some. i am very business like. small talk EXHAUSTS me. always has. most people think that i am unfriendly or stuck-up and i have been told that i come across that way on the phone.  in my 32 years, i have accepted it. just the way god made me. i would be a terrible doctor. zero bedside manner; but, i can crunch numbers with the best. never ran into a cow that cares what i have to say. to me actions  speak louder than words.

And to think I thought you were friendly, smart, and nice!

ROAD WARRIOR

ELBEE said:
We can only hope Nick will stay. I don't see why he and Bolze can't work together, still, from they're respective breeds, for the good of the industry. I believe there's room in the world for everybody.
I hope they can work togather, about the only breeds left that are still red ( don't forget the herfs) I think bolze is still trying to get his sea legs in the red assn. Seems to be a nice enough guy what little dealings I've had with him. It seems that with the red durram (sp?) program the 2 would try to work togather.

DL

ROAD WARRIOR said:
ELBEE said:
I hope they can work togather, about the only breeds left that are still red ( don't forget the herfs) I think bolze is still trying to get his sea legs in the red assn. Seems to be a nice enough guy what little dealings I've had with him. It seems that with the red durram (sp?) program the 2 would try to work togather.

ROADWARRIER -  (welcome)
I very much enjoyed my dealings with Ron Bolze and was sad to see him go - hopefully the red breeds can work together - politics always complicates life.

jnm

The ASA must have also lost their web master; Thwere is nothing on the web site regarding this appointment!

ROAD WARRIOR

I don't know much about the shorthorn assn. But the Red assn. is very political within itself especialy in the national office - hope Ron can make a place for himself there without ruffleing the wrong feathers. There has been alot of controversy in our breed for the last year and a half mostly based on the acrossed breeds EPDs that the head of the assn. was pushing without the support of the membership. I think Ron is heading up the commercial marketing program that was ran by Blake Angel.

Malinda

Guess I am going against the grain again, but here goes:

About 10 years ago I had trouble getting the ASA to call me back, delays in getting papers, etc. But in the last few years I have had no trouble. I called the ASA today to ask Shirley a question. She was gone to lunch, I  left a message and my call was returned within 10 minutes.

Just a thought: I always give them my ASA number to aid them in finding my account.

Malinda