Congrats Malinda!!!

Help Support Steer Planet:

ShowmanQ

Well since she wont say anything, I will. Congratulations to Malinda on her success at the Ohio State Fair. Her bull, Phenomenon (purchased from Tom Brown/Spring Haven Farm) out of Eeastern Sky Conductor was named Champion Shorthorn Bull. He looked great and is not even fat yet. The clark boys did a great job getting him presented. I had a great time at the fair, and I am pretty sure I talked with and hung out with Malinda more at the fair than I did with people my own age  (lol)
Congrats  <party> <party> <party>

cowz

Congratulations!  I hope I can see some of your program when I am out at Louisville!  (clapping)

justintime

I haven't seen your bull in person yet, but he does look good in the pics I have seen. Congrats!!  I plan to be at Cates sale so will see you there.

Malinda

Thanks everyone. I appreciate the comments.

It's true,I do not have Phenom fat....on purpose. As many of you have heard me say 'a calf's joints, muscles, tendons, etc. are only as old as the calf and are not made to carry a lot of weight too early'. So, the boy weighed 1315# at 13 months, and that is good enough for me. He is gaining just over 3# per day. I have no desire to get a Fat, Fur and Fluff picture. I just want to show what Phenom's sire, Eastern Sky Conductor 506, can produce.

Don't worry ShowmanQ, I won't tell anyone you were hanging out in the geriatric section of the barn. I will just tell them you had to go past me to get in and out of the barn! And that you have a very nice broom!

I would love to meet any of you that will be at Cates' sale and Louisville, or any place else,....look me up. I am planning on taking Phenom to the Tennessee State Fair in Sept., so maybe I can meet some of the SP gang there. I have never shown in TN, so I am looking forward to the opportunity.

itk....remember several months ago there was a post about showing your own animal vs hiring everything done? Well, for the first time I have had to hire everything done. As ShowmanQ mentioned, Mike Clark fitted and showed Phenom at the Ohio State Fair. Actually, Phenom has been at Mike's since the end of June. I just take my feed over every once in a while and visit Phenom. Phenom was here after the Ohio Beef Expo, but an orthopedic problem was preventing me from rinsing daily. Time to call for help and Mike was gracious enough to help me out.

Again, thanks everyone and hope to meet you sometime.

Malinda

oakbar

Congratulations, Malinda!!  As I've mentioned before,  I've liked your cattle ever since I saw King Kong for the first time.  Don't know if I'll make Cate's Sale but I'm almost sure I'll be in Lousiville.    I'll look you up!!

Lynn

Doc

Malinda said:
Thanks everyone. I appreciate the comments.

I would love to meet any of you that will be at Cates' sale and Louisville, or any place else,....look me up. I am planning on taking Phenom to the Tennessee State Fair in Sept., so maybe I can meet some of the SP gang there. I have never shown in TN, so I am looking forward to the opportunity.

Malinda

Malinda, Look forward to seeing you at Nashville, if I can help in any way just let me know. I'm just 25 miles north of there. I know Shortdawg is entered & planning on coming if the farm allows it. 

Malinda

Hey Lynn,

Thanks for the nice comment. King Kong was back here for a while last summer. He is still as layed back and as much of a gentleman as ever. I ran him through the wash rack a couple times for old time's sake. I think he would have gone in there without a halter on. I sure miss having him around; he will always have a very special place in my heart.

I will look forward to seeing you in Louisville.

Hey Doc,

I will probably have a million questions, so I just might call you. Thanks for the offer.

See you in under a month!

Malinda