Congrats to Dr.B and Barrel Racer

Help Support Steer Planet:

Show Heifer

Heard yesterday.....Dr.B and Barrelracer you have pulled a miracle to some who had doubts.....Me? I never doubted you for a minute!!

I appreciate all your hard work and dedication to the genetic defects. Now, a reason to look forward to Monday!!

<party>

farmboy

i certainly appreciate all the research they put in on the th and pha issue, if not, id probably have 5-6 thc calves every year.

Dale

Did they get a test for an Angus recessive?  If so, which one?

red

this came from Breeder's World

The Dr.s from the University of Indiana and University of Nebraska have come up with a DNA marker test for you to determine if your cattle are carriers or not. They have also isolated where the CCS gene originated and what AI bulls are carriers. Expect the results on November 3rd.

RSC

red said:
this came from Breeder's World

The Dr.s from the University of Indiana and University of Nebraska have come up with a DNA marker test for you to determine if your cattle are carriers or not. They have also isolated where the CCS gene originated and what AI bulls are carriers. Expect the results on November 3rd.
Great News! Kudos to Both Universities and all involved.

RSC

Show Heifer

Not sure who posted that, but they are wrong.
Dr.Beever has isolated the gene and he is at Illinios. Not  Indiana or Nebaska. 

All the AI sires have been tested and after notifying bull owners, the test list will be released on Monday. It will not be rumor, it will be tested results. And MANY will be surprised, many of us will not.

My original post stands....Congrats to Dr.Beever and his team at Illinios!!!  What fun Monday will be~~!!!

justme

OK...call me stupid but why will it be fun on Monday?  Glad they got the test now, but I don't think any of them will be having fun pointing any fingers at the "who done it".

red

might have caused less confusion if we had know what had happened. Maybe it was to be a big secret but someone from BW let the cat out of the bag early.
I didn't read all the posts on BW & do see he/she corrected themselves. I wondered how NE & IN had gotten involved.

Red

aj

Dr. Dave Steffen of N.U. (congenital defect investigation center) is a part of this stuff also. Let us not forget thou.

Show Heifer

THe fun comes in when all the sires are either cleared or condemned. Kinda like Christmas morning......you might THINK you know what is in the box, but you are always surprised when ya unwrap it and it isn't what it appeared to be......

red

Show Heifer said:
THe fun comes in when all the sires are either cleared or condemned. Kinda like Christmas morning......you might THINK you know what is in the box, but you are always surprised when ya unwrap it and it isn't what it appeared to be......

LOL- you must be an easy person to buy for at Christmas!  ;)
I'm just glad I sent my blood work in before all the Angus people start pouring in.
Thanks though for the heads up!

Red

Show Heifer

My best memory of a Christmas gift: Dad gave me PERMISSION to buy (my money) any heifer I wanted at an upcoming sale. That was the sale I realized I could pick'em, I just couldn't afford 'em!!  And yes, I was the kid that played with the box as much as what was in it. (Photo's, darn photos!)

mooch

Show Heifer said:
Not sure who posted that, but they are wrong.
Dr.Beever has isolated the gene and he is at Illinios. Not  Indiana or Nebaska. 

All the AI sires have been tested and after notifying bull owners, the test list will be released on Monday. It will not be rumor, it will be tested results. And MANY will be surprised, many of us will not.

My original post stands....Congrats to Dr.Beever and his team at Illinios!!!  What fun Monday will be~~!!!
Yes it will be" hilarious "watching people who spent their lives breeding strains of different genetic materials have their AI sires and progeny reduced to pennies on the dollar.NOTE SARCASM.It is the same as when they developed TH and PHA .Some didn't use those sires so that makes them superior to the rest of us in their minds.Sounds alot like the current election"now we'll show 'em". Gimme a break.

Walker

Well, here we are on Monday morning waiting for the big news.  I think that it is anything but fun waiting to find out wether people are going to be able to continue with the genetic progress that they have been working their whole lives for.  But, whatever floats your boat I guess.

Show Dad

What is happening here is change (not the Obama type). We people don't like change but it has been thrust upon us by nature. Some will fare pretty well (think of the guy with the clean 1680 genetics) and some not so well. Some of the change will happen quickly and yet some will unfold over time. Some good will come from it if we handle the change correctly and we will learn a lesson or two.

One thing SH is right on, it will be interesting.

JMHO

mooch

You are right SD , of course there will be opportunities for some . and that's a good thing .Just don't understand somes giddiness over others problems.