Congratulations to the Agribition winners 2011

Help Support Steer Planet:

uluru

Jamie are the progeny you have referred to that were born the last two years natural or AI calves?
In any event they look good and I think Timeline has proven himself.
Enough said.

kfacres

frostback said:
Well with AJ banned, someone has to take over the job of stirring the pot, and someone gave BS a spoon.

really, didn't know that.. been a while since on here... was too busy for a couple weeks, work, then l'ville, then hunting... 

wondered why he didn't chime in...

I could give 2 shits less than a care about anything involving that bull, his owners, breeder, or anything else...  figured someone needed to stir the pot some though...  like I said, I don't really give a shite about it.

thunderdownunder

As an outsider, from what I can see the Timeline bull is doing a pretty handy job. I'd be quite happy to bring any of those females home with me!  (clapping)

irishshorthorns

Shady Lane said:
This is DFJ Shady Lane Melba Niam 30Y, class winner at CWA.

Sired by HC Timeline 17T.

Lovely quality heifer. Well done on turning her out looking so well at Agribition.

nate53

Cut the BS said:
I'm going to as this-- only b/c I know it's coming... not that I could care any more than how many tits my dog has....
Cut the BS - So how many does she have?

Nice cattle Shady Lane (really like that Melba Niam 3Y) :)

kfacres

nate53 said:
Cut the BS said:
I'm going to as this-- only b/c I know it's coming... not that I could care any more than how many tits my dog has....

i counted, just for you, and only cuz/ she's sitting right here on my lap.... 8

Shady Lane

Cut the BS said:
nate53 said:
Cut the BS said:

hanks very much, the 3 heifer is likely my favourite young heifer at this point, she was the greenest in my string, should have had her in earlier but she is made about as well as you could put one together. eally looking forward to developing this female.

i counted, just for you, and only cuz/ she's sitting right here on my lap.... 8

jaimiediamond

Cut the BS said:

but just b/c... how many straws of Timeline were you alloted? 

I find it ironic some people just can't help but try and start something negative over something really positive

Attachments

• seniorgetofsire.JPG
    seniorgetofsire.JPG
    172.2 KB · Views: 250

thunderdownunder

jaimiediamond said:
Cut the BS said:
but just b/c... how many straws of Timeline were you alloted? 
I find it ironic some people just can't help but try and start something negative over something really positive

I agree. Those calves look great. Going on what I've seen, I wouldn't hesitate to use Timeline.
Congrats again Shady Lane... a job well done.

justintime

I only had two Timeline calves this year and they were ET full brothers out of our Elsie's Jade donor. They are extremely thick and well muscled. one is white and he is a Feb 1 calf who weighd 1090 lbs at Agribition on Nov 20th. He had a WPDA of 3.8 lbs and did not have creep. He was born unassisted from a small Gelbvieh X recip and he weighed 98 lbs at birth. The other is roan and he is more moderate framed and weighed 970 at Agribition.He was born Feb 2nd and weighed 90 lbs at birth. He is tremendously thick made.  Timeline was used here naturally last summer and he ran with 32 cows and almost every one of them was bred in the first 3 weeks of the breeding season, according to the preg test results. I can hardly wait for calving season next spring as I'm expecting a really good set of Timelines to hit the ground.

Okotoks

justintime said:
I only had two Timeline calves this year and they were ET full brothers out of our Elsie's Jade donor. They are extremely thick and well muscled. one is white and he is a Feb 1 calf who weighd 1090 lbs at Agribition on Nov 20th. He had a WPDA of 3.8 lbs and did not have creep. He was born unassisted from a small Gelbvieh X recip and he weighed 98 lbs at birth. The other is roan and he is more moderate framed and weighed 970 at Agribition.He was born Feb 2nd and weighed 90 lbs at birth. He is tremendously thick made.  Timeline was used here naturally last summer and he ran with 32 cows and almost every one of them was bred in the first 3 weeks of the breeding season, according to the preg test results. I can hardly wait for calving season next spring as I'm expecting a really good set of Timelines to hit the ground.
I thoiught those Timeline calves out of Elsie's Jade were pretty impressive. I was also pretty excited about Elsie's Jade's full sister, ACC YOUR ELSIE 4Y, placing 1st in her class (thumbsup).

Hilltop

Okotoks said:
justintime said:
I only had two Timeline calves this year and they were ET full brothers out of our Elsie's Jade donor. They are extremely thick and well muscled. one is white and he is a Feb 1 calf who weighd 1090 lbs at Agribition on Nov 20th. He had a WPDA of 3.8 lbs and did not have creep. He was born unassisted from a small Gelbvieh X recip and he weighed 98 lbs at birth. The other is roan and he is more moderate framed and weighed 970 at Agribition.He was born Feb 2nd and weighed 90 lbs at birth. He is tremendously thick made.  Timeline was used here naturally last summer and he ran with 32 cows and almost every one of them was bred in the first 3 weeks of the breeding season, according to the preg test results. I can hardly wait for calving season next spring as I'm expecting a really good set of Timelines to hit the ground.
I thoiught those Timeline calves out of Elsie's Jade were pretty impressive. I was also pretty excited about Elsie's Jade's full sister, ACC YOUR ELSIE 4Y, placing 1st in her class (thumbsup).
One thing most people prob do not remember or did not know was we purchased Timeline's flushmate HC Trademark in 2008. Unfortunately after 2008 breeding season for some reason he did not semen test. We had some  excellent progeny from him and some very good commercial females. The only reason we were able to buy him I believe is because he was horned. He was built much like Timeline but prob 1/2 frame score smaller.  We seem to have more than our share of herd bulls gong down on us but unfortunately there is nothing that can be done about that. I believe we will see quite a string of Timeline calves from JIT next fall.
Shady Lane......The "Get Of Sire" pic looks good (thumbsup)
When I saw Elsie's Jade the fall of 2003 she instantly got the bug back in me to be more involved in the purebred side of the breed again. I only hope that her full sib ACC Your Elsie 4Y can produce near what she has. I really hope we can get one more heifer out of the last full sib embryos that I think are left out there. Thanks to Shorthorn 101 for her little chat we had about them!

sue

justintime said:

Grant
Six S used a son of Timeline. I met Rod this past month- check with him on the results of this son? Good to know Timeline is winning in the show ring... salute sons and daugthers have made a impact in both US and now Canada show rings. Again congrats to all involved

shorthorn 101

[/quote]
Shady Lane......The "Get Of Sire" pic looks good (thumbsup)
When I saw Elsie's Jade the fall of 2003 she instantly got the bug back in me to be more involved in the purebred side of the breed again. I only hope that her full sib ACC Your Elsie 4Y can produce near what she has. I really hope we can get one more heifer out of the last full sib embryos that I think are left out there. Thanks to Shorthorn 101 for her little chat we had about them!
[/quote]

Glad you remember!! So you won't forget our deal right <beer> ;D

Hilltop

irishshorthorns said:
Hi Hilltop. Would you be able to post a pic of your ACC Your Elsie 4Y calf? Many thanks.
We did not get a pic at agribition because we had one of our hands no show and were short help at the show ring.
If anyone wants to see her they may have to take a road trip and see her in person LOL ;D

justintime

Hilltop said:
irishshorthorns said:
Hi Hilltop. Would you be able to post a pic of your ACC Your Elsie 4Y calf? Many thanks.
We did not get a pic at agribition because we had one of our hands no show and were short help at the show ring.
If anyone wants to see her they may have to take a road trip and see her in person LOL ;D

Mama Hilltiop, your Elsie is a very good heifer. I was impressed with how she resembled our Elsie's J-Lo 3T ( another ET full sister) at a similar age. We had another full sister( Elsie's Jaylene) but sold her to Cyclone Trace last fall where she is being flushed. After seeing your heifer, I was kinda kicking myself that I did not buy all the embryos from that flush from Buckwheat and Dawn. I bought 6 embryos and got 4 calves and I think there was 5 or 6 left.  I think you must have got the rest of them. 

justintime

[If anyone wants to see her they may have to take a road trip and see her in person LOL ;D
[/quote]

I'm not sure if that's possible.... it is such a long trip from here!