COOL BLUE FUZZBALL (& FRIENDS) FOR THE 2010 CWA PROSPECT SALE!

Help Support Steer Planet:

shortyisqueen

We are proud to again consign seven head of our top steer and heifer prospects to the Canadian Western Agribition Prospect Show and Sale, held on November 27, 2010, in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. We are just getting the pictures taken now, but here is a sample of our offering. He is a Tyson x Maverick (Shorthorn) x Hereford steer – Neat made, hairy and he has the perfect disposition for a first time project to boot! Check our website at www.luckyspringsfarms.com in the next two weeks for pictures of our other consignments and watch this thread for updates. Please feel free to give me a call at 403.845.5239 or email to [email protected] for more information.

- Katie Songer
LUCKY SPRINGS FARMS, ALBERTA, CANADA

Attachments

• 77x_fall2010_1.jpg
    77x_fall2010_1.jpg
    207.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 77x_fall2010_2.jpg
    77x_fall2010_2.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 77x_fall2010_3.jpg
    77x_fall2010_3.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 75

skeeter

good looking calf.  soggy, lots of muscle, looks like will feed easy, just a box with a head and lots of hair.  makes me wish he was closer to Texas. good luck with him.

shortyisqueen

Thanks everyone for your great comments. We are really pleased with him. I agree he would have made a neat bull, but I think someone will have alot of fun showing him! I should have some more pictures of our other consignments up in the next couple of days. We are getting some sun this fall, which is making picture days a whole lot easier!

Okotoks

Great calf. He puts the SHOW back into the meaning of show steer. Sound and beautiful! (thumbsup)

lowann

mark tenenbaum said:
One like that would make a promo bull in the US-Those maine Xs up there really seem to be thick and soggy-with the extra frame (compared to some clubbys) Hed a made a bull in my eyes O0
You said it there, Mark! He is gorgeous!!!

shortyisqueen

Here are a few more pictures of our consignments. The black/white markings steer is a Daines Thriller calf out of a Maverick (Shorthorn) x Hereford cow. Paternal and 3/4 siblings to this steer were Reserve Grand Champion steers at the 2007 and 2008 Agribition Prospect show.

The straight black steer is another Tyson calf whose Hereford x Shorthorn dam produced a class winner at the 2008 Agribition Prospect show. That sibling was in the final drive at every show he went to for the Junior member who bought him. This steer is awesome to work with and completely bomb-proof, so he would make a nice first time project as well.

Attachments

• 5x.jpg
    5x.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 53
  • 76x.jpg
    76x.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 54

shortyisqueen

The first of the heifers we were able to get pictures of is one that we are pretty excited about. She is a Jigsaw out of one of our best Maverick x Hereford cows. We look forward to her dam calving every year because no matter what she is bred to, she will produce a good one. Our best 2009 bred heifer by Manchild and a Thriller steer that was shown to many championships are out of this cow. This heifer is moderately framed, and super thick - and she doesn't fall apart in the washrack! Someone will have alot of fun with this one!

We also had some great news today. One of the heifers that sold out of our last year's string was Champion Commercial and Reserve Supreme Champion at the National 4-H Beef Heifer Show at the Royal, competing against about 400 head. She has had a good run all year - proof that we really do bring our best out to Agribition.

Attachments

• 65x_fall2010_1.jpg
    65x_fall2010_1.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 62
  • 65x_fall2010_2.jpg
    65x_fall2010_2.jpg
    313.4 KB · Views: 52

Garrett

Nice set of calves u are offering. I went to the agribtion last year and worked on shorthorns and had a blast and was neat to see