Current Monopoly semen

Help Support Steer Planet:

Status
Not open for further replies.

showman ne

herefordfootball said:
Bulldaddy said:
I was going to order the Tyson semen from ABS.  So no big deal.  Just hope the Monopoly is good stuff.  I did get free shipping!

mooch said:
herefordfootball said:
mooch said:
Bulldaddy said:
Here is the deal.  My ABS rep said they can't get any Monopoly semen.  Bovine Elite has it listed but when I called them they said that Monopoly was injured and they had none.  Then I checked cattle visions and it was $100.  So, I bit the bullet and called Lautner Farms and asked if they had any Monopoly semen.  They said I could get on the list and they may be able ship me some in the future BUT if I would order one of their other bulls, they could move me up on the list.  So I ordered 10 units of Monopoly and 10 units of Tyson.  When I asked them when they would ship, they said how about tomorrow.   We will see how good the semen is pretty soon since I ultrsound at 30 days.

WOW just WOW ,You must want to use him bad, because thats when I would have used anything but Monopoly.

I agree...Thats pure BS you have to order another bull too.

To me it wouldn't be so much the ordering of the other bull , it would be how you miraculously moved to the top of a long list, for shipping tomorrow, when at the beginning of the conversation it wasn't even available!

Well thats good it worked out for you. But for some people who need monopoly semen asap, man that could be expensive....I mean if you order ten units of monopoly thats $500 there, then an additional at least $200 for the other bulls...You get almost $1000 wrapped up in what should have been an only $500 breeding need.

actually you get exactly $700 wrapped up in what should've been a $500 one

herefordfootball

Ya I know, I said ALMOST 1000, lol which is a BIG round up, but 700 is ridiculous none the less.

Edit: FOR THOSE WHO DONT KNOW LOL IS LAUGH OUT LOUD.

WFCC

i havent seen any all aboard calves but it seems like you have to have some of that TH carrier to get the big hipped steers.  I would go to highliner before all aboard. JMO

vcsf

First off I do not agree with the idea of making you buy semen on a second bull in order to get the Monopoly semen.  But to play devil's advocate would you prefer that the raise the price to $80 or $100 a dose that it appears distributors are charging and you end up investing the same amount of money but only get the Monopoly semen.  People need to remember this is still a relatively free world in North America and he can ask whatever he likes and you are free to refuse to do business with him.

Bulldaddy

Well, I feel a lot better about my purchase from Lautner farms.  I ordered it on Wednesday and it arrived today.  Was packaged well with lots vapor in the shipper.  Then had a call from Mary and she told me that REI had collected the semen and it was top quality--suitable for flushiing. I have used other Lautner bulls but got the semen from ABS with excellent results.  The price may be a little higher than the catalog but still a lot better deal than buying in at Denver.

tfdono

we have used headliner and have gotten along fairly well with him. The heifers seem like they will make good cows, big bodied, good haired, and good footed. We also purchased a clean brother to Monopoly, Headliner and All Aboard from stockridge and will be getting calves from him this spring

Show Heifer

Haven't used monoply, as I don't use carriers. I order all my semen from SEK or Cattle Visions. I enjoy talking to them, trust their advice (they have no "benefit" to sell one bull over another), and they have treated me right.
I do think some games are played in the marketing of semen. Just the way it is.  I do not beleive you should have to deal with bull#$% in order to buy a bull. But do what ya think you have to do...
JMHLO  (Just My Humble Lowly Opinion)

tfdono: if you have clean brother to monoply, how does he compare? Keep us updated on the calves.

Status
Not open for further replies.