Cut the BS

Help Support Steer Planet:

wyatt

Zach said:
While he is working on his spelling you may want to learn the difference between your and you're.
no problem you're is short for you are... and it was a joke every time he replies to one of my posts its about spelling and if you read his other post there is more spelling errors

smo

Jason said:
OH Breeder said:
smo said:
be real though if u put a piece of **** cow on here and say what u think dont u want him to be honest one day a judge will tell u that anyways im tired of all the people that try to be nice on here and not hurt feelings i would rather know the truth thats why i ask the question

There always a way to have some manners when offering advice. Some folks can't afford expensive calves and feedlot calves may be the best they can get. Some people are just starting out and come here with the idea of learning. Being an a-hole doesn't impress me. Even judges have tack when describing cattle they may not rise to the top of the class. Nothing wrong with calling the faults out in an animal but being rude isn't necessary. I see it as a level of maturity The older you get the more you will understand. I never quiet acted like that when I was 25 . But learned quiet quickly in this world and in business you can get alot farther using some tack. 6 degrees of separation- you would be surprised how you may run into people down the road.
When I interviewed for my current job 10 years ago in California and I am from Ohio I never expected to meet a Vice President in California that actually dated a girl from my home town. One phone call is all he had to make back "home" to find out what kind of character I had. BUT... I learned very early on from strict parents how to communicate appropriately.

Well said.  (thumbsup)
Ok I'm sorry when I said that I was try to say I'd rather someone tare down my steer and say u no this and this is wrong u could fix it by this not just tell me it's a piece of shit... I understand your point and all but sometime I'll look at those pics and the calf could be just a feed lot steer and people are like look good.... An it's like it's not that good at all they could say what's wrong with it with out hurting feelings every one doesn't have to say every cow is amazing on here

Gargan

Jody can be harsh at times no doubt, and has cut me down a few times. but, u have to admit he is knowledgable of the industry. i have pm'd him a few times to ask his opinion or to clerify and he will give u a detailed response with as much info as he can submit.  Myself, if i cant find anything good to say about something, i usually stay quiet, but not every1 is like me and i respect that. also, when some1 posts a thread wanting opinions, they need to be prepared to recieve negativity. I have learned a lot from this forum and look at this site more than any other on the web. I think some of the downfalls of other forums i used to look at was that there was to much negativity and name calling and finger pointing. lets keep SP an informative, debateable (professionally), and unbiased forum so others can continue to join the community. we all must remember this is not a grammer or spelling class nor is it a place to try to match wits. Like some1 said earlier, we are all on the same team here at the end of the day, no matter what breed u prefer or dislike.  <cowboy>

bruiser

Sometimes I don't agree with his opinions or his tactics, but I will say thanks for taking the time to voice them. It takes all kinds of information to make a correct decision. I will also stand up and join that long proud line of Americans that defend his right to voice that opinion. I believe that he's a little short with some answers , but I believe a healthy dosing of " cold brewed , rocky mountain spring water" would cure that malady if taken at stalls of a steer show. It has prooven itself effective several times.

Limiman12

Jason said:
OH Breeder said:
smo said:
be real though if u put a piece of **** cow on here and say what u think dont u want him to be honest one day a judge will tell u that anyways im tired of all the people that try to be nice on here and not hurt feelings i would rather know the truth thats why i ask the question

There always a way to have some manners when offering advice. Some folks can't afford expensive calves and feedlot calves may be the best they can get. Some people are just starting out and come here with the idea of learning. Being an a-hole doesn't impress me. Even judges have tack when describing cattle they may not rise to the top of the class. Nothing wrong with calling the faults out in an animal but being rude isn't necessary. I see it as a level of maturity The older you get the more you will understand. I never quiet acted like that when I was 25 . But learned quiet quickly in this world and in business you can get alot farther using some tack. 6 degrees of separation- you would be surprised how you may run into people down the road.
When I interviewed for my current job 10 years ago in California and I am from Ohio I never expected to meet a Vice President in California that actually dated a girl from my home town. One phone call is all he had to make back "home" to find out what kind of character I had. BUT... I learned very early on from strict parents how to communicate appropriately.

Well said.  (thumbsup)

Times two.

There are ways to state your opinion with out being demeaning or arrogant.

Mueller Show Cattle

I can respect what Jody says on this forum, yes he might be a little harsh at times but the posts he posted seam very honest and sincere from him. I might not totally agree with everything he says but I respect what he does say because he does have alot of knowledge of the industry. And if he does disagree with something I say or posts his opinion about an animal, I don't take it to heart, it's his opinion just like everyone has their opinion.

GONEWEST

Cut the BS said:
bad ***  in the house.

Should have read smart *** in the house.

Nothing wrong with anybody giving an opinion on what ever topic that is posted. It's his berating of kids and those with obviously less experience such as the kid he made fun of for weeks  for saying "fluent movement" instead of "FLUID movement." An adult who makes fun of children. Kids need people to stand up for them and defend them and teach them.  It's that behavior that shows a total lack of class and character. That's not an opinion, that's a fact as reflected from the way he talks to others here,  especially those with whom his opinion differs or have obviously less experience than he does. If you can't respect his character, how can you respect his opinion?

He does, however, seem to know a lot about sheep..............you can form your own opinion on that.

Doc

GONEWEST said:
Cut the BS said:
bad ***  in the house.

Nothing wrong with anybody giving an opinion on what ever topic that is posted. It's his berating of kids and those with obviously less experience such as the kid he made fun of for weeks  for saying "fluent movement" instead of "FLUID movement." An adult who makes fun of children. Kids need people to stand up for them and defend them and teach them.  It's that behavior that shows a total lack of class and character. That's not an opinion, that's a fact as reflected from the way he talks to others here,  especially those with whom his opinion differs or have obviously less experience than he does. If you can't respect his character, how can you respect his opinion?

He does, however, seem to know a lot about sheep..............you can form your own opinion on that.

Very well put!!

knabe

There's at least two way to get diarhea girl to ban himself. 

Make a thread about him and call him on facts.

He only knows one argument well. Straw man.

The exciting thing about straw girls is that they burn up quickly as they switch from bull to bull, breed to breed.

Butt paste can't even follow her own arguments.

dixieland cattle co

It is one thing to give your opinion, but it's something total different to be an A$$, while you do it. It's hard for me to give his opinion any validity, when he can't post a picture of any of his own cattle, that look better than those he talks so poorly about. I know he's young, and you would like to think he will grow out of this "Little Man Sendrome" but some folks are just destined for a life of big stories and little actions.. I think it should be "Smells like BS."  

KSanburg

"I'm not going to sugarcoat something- If you have an average calf-- I'll tell you... If you have something that's truly unique, or superior- I'll bring it out... 
But if it's looking fishy to me-- I'll blast away at you, or it.  Nothing worse than portraying to be something it's not! 
Jody"

This quote is what Jody has at the bottom of his posts and is part of his profile, I don't believe that I made a single post on SP for the first year that I was a registered user and I bet the first 6 months that I was reading posts I wouldn't even stop and read Jody's post because I thought he was going over board, but last fall there was a pretty good thread on hear dealing with shorthorns and here was Jody giving them **** about this and that, well I started reading his posts and after that I read all of his posts, while I don't agree with Jody about everything I believe he really makes some good points and has a lot of useful information. These posts are just a tool and you can use them however you want.

So it's like his little saying states he is going to tell you what he thinks and you don't have to like it and if you don't then don't read his posts, besides how does his opinion effect your veryday life anyhow.

forcheyhawk

GONEWEST said:
Cut the BS said:
bad ***  in the house.

Great post.  I agree with your thoughts on cutting down kids.  To give an opinion is one thing but use tact and respect for you might be cutting a 10 year old's dream of entering the business.  I've showed a few calves that were far less than perfect when I first started as I'm sure a few others have.  It takes time to learn.  Luckily, I didn't have a support system that told me I sucked and so did my calves.  Think before you post!

ALTSIMMY 79

I agree , we need to support and help the kids in any way we can. But to the rest of the cry babies , just return fire if this person bothers you so much or forget about it , whining in a post isn't going to help a thing ! I butted heads with this particular individual right away too , as for now I have an understanding and can say I don't mind him a bit ! Everyone is different , those that can learn to accept that are the better people in this world.

MCC

Turn a Blind Eye (Requested) said:
After being forced to change his username- yet again--  everyone should read the moronic signature he's changed and attached at the  bottom of every posting.

Dang Jody, I feel sorry for your kids if you ever have any. About the time they learn how to spell their name you're liable to change it.  (lol)

Doc

MCC said:
After being forced to change his username- yet again--  everyone should read the moronic signature he's changed and attached at the  bottom of every posting.

Dang Jody, I feel sorry for your kids if you ever have any. About the time they learn how to spell their name you're liable to change it.  (lol)

That's a good one.!!! (clapping) (clapping)

kfacres

MCC said:

why do you think I have the name I do?  Basically 5 LINES ::) 

We have two names picked out-- either TY-- (3 lines!), or Jordan, dual purpose (goes well with Kelly & Jody)

OH Breeder

BS worked...... the line below .....

The livestock (show) industry is a tough one- if you cannot handle a few harsh words online--
they only goal attainable -is failure.

Since when did you start raising show cattle? I would not be able to count on my hand how many times you said you don't raise show cattle? R U SERIOUS?

The name change to me sounds like a way to gain yet MORE attention. You should be happy. There's an ENTIRE thread dedicated to YOU! ;)

Latest posts