Dealing with it

Help Support Steer Planet:

vc

As some of you may know, the foundation we started in my grandsons memory, Curren's Cows, sponsors heifer projects to kids in California. This year we sponsored a young lady from Shandon California, and a Young Man from our home town. With Covid and all the shut downs both young people have had to get creative, the young man has traveled to Arizona twice to show and the young lady has traveled to northern California in order to show. They may not be able to show as often as they had hoped, but they both have been putting in the work at home that the heifers look great when they do get to get out. Our biggest show of the year was officially canceled last week,  the Red Wave Classic has been moved to March, hopefully later in the spring things will settle down and they will get the opportunity to show more. This is the third year and we have been so blessed to have such wonderful young people to work with each year.

Attachments

• Kayla and amber 1st show.jpg
    Kayla and amber 1st show.jpg
    176.8 KB · Views: 185
  • mandy winner.jpg
    mandy winner.jpg
    850 KB · Views: 177
  • yuma1.jpg
    yuma1.jpg
    787.9 KB · Views: 192

PCJR21

I was intrigued by your post so i checked out your website. What your doing is very cool! Keep up the good work👍

vc

Thank you, we have been lucky with both the young people and the support we have gotten to be able to do this. Ron Colburn has been gracious enough to supply the heifers up to this point, but it would be nice to find other avenues so he does feel obligated to do it every year.

I have been surprised how hard it is to get applicants, the kids who have applied have been awesome. We received 5 applicants the first year, but only 2 each the next 2 years, made it easy to decide who we would award the scholarships to, we just did all of them.