Do you blog?

Help Support Steer Planet:

hayman

I've seen this become very popular over the last few years. Do you do it? What do you think about it? I think it's funny when people don't have anything to say and write: (for example) so I went to work, drove to mcdonalds'--had a big, delicious big mac, came home, went to bed..." Lol 

red

It might be interesting during calving season or someone that really goes to a lot of shows to read their comments. But I'm with you my day would be soooo boring. Those that are really busy, like during calving or shows won't have the time.
Hear there is a totally made up one about a 15 year girl that people flock to. Do they have a life?
Red

Reggie

I do it. It's not that big of deal---I only write on there about once a week--about a page. It really is fun though when the season really gets going.

TxAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
If anyone wants a blog, just msg me.  I can setup a blog for them on this site for free and it can be accessed by visiting steerplanet.com and than your username.  (if you have to msg me first if you want one)

http://www.steerplanet.com/username

Blogs are fun, and it will be cool for someone to keep updated when they have time with little tidbits from their local show to pulling a calf late one night.

red

admin said:
If anyone wants a blog, just msg me.  I can setup a blog for them on this site for free and it can be accessed by visiting steerplanet.com and than your username.  (if you have to msg me first if you want one)

http://www.steerplanet.com/username

Blogs are fun, and it will be cool for someone to keep updated when they have time with little tidbits from their local show to pulling a calf late one night.

That is a great idea. it would be interesting if we can get people from different areas involved! I'd like to hear about feeding too.
Red

genes

I think blogs are great if you have something to say and you appeal to a wide audience.  I know of some people that really don't have that going for them and yet think they do, and yeah  ;)  But I guess it can be a fun way to keep track of things for yourself and maybe have friends read, like about calving or something.

red

I think it would be neat to have a couple from different areas. Like someone from the west of the Rockies, midwest USA,  the south & north & of course Canada! I know from talking with Shortdawg I found it interesting that they bale peanut stubble for feed. We could learn a lot from the different areas.
Red

TxAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, who wants the first one?  :)

Just pm and we will set it up.

genes

red said:
I think it would be neat to have a couple from different areas. Like someone from the west of the Rockies, midwest USA,  the south & north & of course Canada! I know from talking with Shortdawg I found it interesting that they bale peanut stubble for feed. We could learn a lot from the different areas.
Red

I'm in Canada...but I lead a pretty boring life these days, stuck in the city (I'm a college student).  The only cow activities I get are feeding our school's 6 fistulated dairy cows a few times a month, and reading about cows on boards like this.  So I think I fall into the category of a really boring blog.  But I would be interested in reading someone else's blog about calving and whatever else...then I could live vicariously through them  :)

red

i'll do one during the next show or our Expo but i'm like genes- very boring life.
Woke up, checked cows, sat at computer, took nap, computer, feed & checked cows, fixed supper, watched TV, checked cows, slept.
me in a nutshell!
Red ::)

TxAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
red said:
i'll do one during the next show or our Expo but i'm like genes- very boring life.
Woke up, checked cows, sat at computer, took nap, computer, feed & checked cows, fixed supper, watched TV, checked cows, slept.
me in a nutshell!
Red ::)

Ok, Red you are the first victim...I mean...user.

I will get a page up tonight, but don't worry about starting until you want to.

TxAdmin

Administrator
Staff member
We have Blogs installed. ;D

If you would like to have one just post in this message and we will set it up.

Your blog address will be www.steerplanet.com/yourusername

It is fun and you can always try it out to see how you like it.

red

(lol)

Ok guys, please don't laugh too hard or fall asleep. I posted my first entry in my blog. It's at:
www.steerplanet.com/red

I know others will have to lead a less boring life than me!!!

Red

red

a blog is just a on- line diary. You just write about things you did or make observations.
Mine is probably a poor sample of one!!!

Red

red

OK, all you wannabe blogers! I've done 3 entries & if I can write a blog then some of you out there with more interesting lives should be able to. It doesn't have to be daily thing. Just post your thoughts when ever you have a chance. Actually it's kind of fun.  doesn't have to be about cattle either. If you have something interesting you'd like to talk about we can set up your own blog site. (pop)
Red
www.steerplanet.com/red

red

We have a new blogger! Showcattlegal is giving us her perspective of life in New Mexico.
Thanks Showcattlegal! (welcome)
http://www.steerplanet.com/showcattlegal/
Red (clapping)

Showcalves

I just got my first entry in today.  Hopefully I can get to it every few days.  Depends on how the  (cow) behave though. 

Melinda