EDJEcast, what do you think?

Help Support Steer Planet:

K_State_Katy

Hey Guys,
I'm EDJE Technologies newest EDJEcast Technician...yea, I have a job. ok, but seriously I would love to have some feed back on how we are doing, and any suggestions that might help us serve you better.

I've been meaning to do this for a while, but sale season has been busy. So far I've worked the KY Beef Expo-Saler, Beefalo, Shorthorn, and Limmi's TN Agribition-Pole herefords, Shorthorn, Charolais, K-Kim Cattle Company and tomorrow Lemmon Angus.

If anyone has any thoughts or questions about what we do please let me know. Any input would be appreciated. I also thought this might help me get to know some of my customers and for you to gt to know me. Thanks Everyone...and I'm going to try to start getting on here more often and get to know everybody!

Doc

I really like it for the most part. I like the way that they post the sale prices as you go. If it froze up any , it was nice to hit F5 & it cleared up right away. I watched K-Kim & Sullivan. I did notice on several lots that it sure looked like that several bids didn't get taken in time, that looked like they were placed in time.JMO. I know at the TN Agribition board meeting that several managers complained that their catalogs didn't get put on the Edjecast web until Mon or Tue of sale week. I would give it a 8 out of 10.

OH Breeder

I think the site is great and no fees are great. I have tried to pull up sales that have already taken place to go back to the final bid sheet. It would be nice to be able to see the final sale sheet from the sales. Doing great work.

Doc

OH Breeder said:
I think the site is great and no fees are great. I have tried to pull up sales that have already taken place to go back to the final bid sheet. It would be nice to be able to see the final sale sheet from the sales. Doing great work.

Ditto!!

CPL

I really haven't watched an EDJECast Sale for a while, but did get to watch the NWSS Hereford Bull Show on there. I really enjoyed it. Does EDJECast have multiple camera angles? Also where do you guys put the camera? From Watching DVAuctions, I've really come to like the "ringside" view-- not the "ceiling" view you get with another company. Congratulations on the job and keep up the good work!

cowz

OH Breeder said:

Good work!  I have been enjoying the site!  Congrats on the new and exciting job!

I enjoyed meeting you and Matt at the National Western!
If there is any way EDJE can post sale results for those who cant stop what they are doing to watch the sale, or post a video file of the auction for later viewing, that would be awesome.

Katy, I would love it if you could post a reminder on SP every time a new auction is about to be broadcast.  That would be great if you could do so.

justintime

I used Edjecast for our embryo and flush sale in February. I found it very user friendly and the tech support was first class. While this was not a live auction in that no video was used of the sale lots, the auction was held over 3 days and was very user friendly. I liked it a lot. I am planning more sales on edjecast.com and am considering having some live lots  the next time. (other than flush and pregnancy lots). I am considering some heifer prospects and having video on them. This is one of the best marketing tools i have found yet! First rate service and economical costs to the seller. We had bidders from 17 US states, 7 provinces in Canada as well as Scotland, England and Australia. All felt it worked well for them. The only area I could suggest improvement in, is more end of sale summaries for the seller with the buyers names and addresses of each lot. in order to see who I should bill, i had to go back through the bidding reports on each lot and see who had the last bid. When the sale ended, all the bid info on each lot disappeared from the screen. If this was improved, I could not think of anything I would not be positive about.

CJB

cowz said:
OH Breeder said:
Katy, I would love it if you could post a reminder on SP every time a new auction is about to be broadcast.  That would be great if you could do so.

Have looked in on a couple of edjecasts, and I have really enjoyed them.  I will agree w/ cowz on the reminder, that would be awesome.  Also, w/ OH Breeder on the final sale sheet.  This idea will really put you ahead of the game.

Hope to start seeing those reminders soon.

K_State_Katy

Doc said:
I really like it for the most part. I like the way that they post the sale prices as you go. If it froze up any , it was nice to hit F5 & it cleared up right away. I watched K-Kim & Sullivan. I did notice on several lots that it sure looked like that several bids didn't get taken in time, that looked like they were placed in time.JMO. I know at the TN Agribition board meeting that several managers complained that their catalogs didn't get put on the Edjecast web until Mon or Tue of sale week. I would give it a 8 out of 10.

Thanks Doc, Our internet connection was poor at Sullivan  so there was a slight lag before we received bids. We talked with Craig  Gana after the sale, and that problem will be fixed next year.  The expos are tough because there are so many people involved, but I'll be sure to work on the communication end and hopefully it will be easier next year.

K_State_Katy

CPL said:
I really haven't watched an EDJECast Sale for a while, but did get to watch the NWSS Hereford Bull Show on there. I really enjoyed it. Does EDJECast have multiple camera angles? Also where do you guys put the camera? From Watching DVAuctions, I've really come to like the "ringside" view-- not the "ceiling" view you get with another company. Congratulations on the job and keep up the good work!

I will be sure to send the boss man your camera suggestions, cause I totally agree! we attach them to the side of the ring up high, but I think we need to lower them to the angle you would shoot a photo, I'll work on it.

by the way, I'm reading these one at a time and answering them sorry for so many messages, and slow response our internet got knocked out by the storm this weekend.

K_State_Katy

cowz said:
OH Breeder said:

Good work!  I have been enjoying the site!   Congrats on the new and exciting job!

I enjoyed meeting you and Matt at the National Western!
If there is any way EDJE can post sale results for those who cant stop what they are doing to watch the sale, or post a video file of the auction for later viewing, that would be awesome.

I'll work on the sale reports. and yes I would be glad to post reminders on SP! It was great meeting you to!!!!

K_State_Katy

justintime said:
I used Edjecast for our embryo and flush sale in February. I found it very user friendly and the tech support was first class. While this was not a live auction in that no video was used of the sale lots, the auction was held over 3 days and was very user friendly. I liked it a lot. I am planning more sales on edjecast.com and am considering having some live lots  the next time. (other than flush and pregnancy lots). I am considering some heifer prospects and having video on them. This is one of the best marketing tools i have found yet! First rate service and economical costs to the seller. We had bidders from 17 US states, 7 provinces in Canada as well as Scotland, England and Australia. All felt it worked well for them. The only area I could suggest improvement in, is more end of sale summaries for the seller with the buyers names and addresses of each lot. in order to see who I should bill, i had to go back through the bidding reports on each lot and see who had the last bid. When the sale ended, all the bid info on each lot disappeared from the screen. If this was improved, I could not think of anything I would not be positive about.

Hey Grant!
I was just talking about you with Twig Marston, He said he's using Pioneer this year! that's exciting! thanks for the suggestions! and let me know when your ready to work with EDJE again. (706)402-7181 or [email protected]