End of the world?

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

I have a friend who has an IQ of probably 130. Very religious. He is fascinated by the way all the world wide events are shaping up. He also a history guy. Is the bible prediction fairly close? I'm fascinated with the Mayan calendar deal. The alignment of stars and the moon are a powerful force. Look at the way tides are affected here on earth. The Middle East is in really getting with it. Is it going to be the greatest movement of Democracy in the history of earth or is it going to be the final hour. The US government is now spending 25% of GNP on give aways. Politicians are powerful enough that corporations are and labor unions have to buy power through political donations. It is interesting for the historical minded people if nothing else. Is the internet the anti christ? I was reading about the Cheyene Indian's beliefs last night. Sorry, have no pictures or videos to post.

hamburgman

Remember the end of the Mayan calendar occurs like every 12 years or something like that.  The guy who is ahead of Smithsonian talks about this stuff a lot.  Usually those end of the world types are cult leaders trying to make money off of people.

flacowman

I think it's gonna be soon though going strictly off of the Bible

hamburgman

The bible says a lot of things, like the Hebrews were slaves, and the walls of Jericho came falling down after days of marching around the city. 
The walls falling must have meant the Hebrews over took the defenses quickly on the 7th day.  Taking it literally on something like the end of the world does not seem warranted to me.

luannv8

i agree with oakview and this is what is taught in the Bible.

i wouldn't worry about it to much - just make sure you are forgiven of your sins and right with God.

DSI

luannv8 said:
i agree with oakview and this is what is taught in the Bible.

i wouldn't worry about it to much - just make sure you are forgiven of your sins and right with God.
Amen to that. It sure does seem like a lot of the things going on in the world today are very similar to what is talked about in scripture about the end times. But i have a feeling it is going to be a lot worse than this before he comes back. We wont know the time or day but as luannv8 said the only thing we can do is repent of our sins and get right with God. We also have to be a witness to others in the time we have left.

mooch

Wouldn't it be blasphemy to tie together the Bible with a pagan religion of the Mayans? People see what they want to see. The biblical end of the world scenarios have been around since the times of the Romans and every civilization since them is arrogant enough to think it must be talking about them.The only difference between  the way of the world now and in previous times of turmoil is communication. ie we hear about it quicker and have more channels of media blowing things out of porportion.

SeannyT

The way I see it is that if all of these predictions are true and as the scientists predict Dec.21, 2012 is the start of the end, then there's really nothing I can do about it anyways but live life to the fullest in the meantime.

chambero

If this were any time before say the past 50-60 years, the middle eastern governments would have simply slaughtered the protesters and there wouldn't be anyone left to gripe - and the rest of the world couldn't have cared less.

As rough as it might seem, the whole world is much gentler place than it ever has been in human history.

No civilization in history has had it as good as we do in the U.S.  For us to think things are bad is kind of silly.  Especially any of us with time to play on a computer.

mark tenenbaum

mooch said:
Wouldn't it be blasphemy to tie together the Bible with a pagan religion of the Mayans? People see what they want to see. The biblical end of the world scenarios have been around since the times of the Romans and every civilization since them is arrogant enough to think it must be talking about them.The only difference between  the way of the world now and in previous times of turmoil is communication. ie we hear about it quicker and have more channels of media blowing things out of porportion.////// (clapping) (clapping) (clapping) Well put (thumbsup) O0

Diamond

dec.21 2012 is gonna b one heck of a bday for me :D but really I look at things like this, come what may, even if the world ends tomorrow have you enjoyed the time you spent? live everyday to its fullest and you'll have no regrets in the end.

mark tenenbaum

chambero said:
If this were any time before say the past 50-60 years, the middle eastern governments would have simply slaughtered the protesters and there wouldn't be anyone left to gripe - and the rest of the world couldn't have cared less.

As rough as it might seem, the whole world is much gentler place than it ever has been in human history.

No civilization in history has had it as good as we do in the U.S.  For us to think things are bad is kind of silly.  Especially any of us with time to play on a computer.////// (clapping) (clapping)Well put again (thumbsup) O0

aj

As I understand it the Mayan calendar,modern science and there super computers say that the last time the sun lined up in the Milky way this way was 25,800 years ago. It has to do with the earths wobble. To say that the Mayans didn't know astrology would be sophmoric at best.

aj

And I apologize in advance to people who think the world is 2,000 years old. I think the earth has been here a long time. How long man has been here is debatable.

PaFFA Proud

I dont believe in any of it, life is just going to go on as we know it. Why think depressing thoughts?? I have two little girls who are almost 1 and 2 , I want them to live wonderful lives and do/see many things. But if the end of the world is coming they will only be 2 and 3 :'(. So if it was the end of the world what would be the point of people even trying to better their selves(going to college, buying houses, having kids..ect) right now. If I remember year 2000 was the end and guess what we are still here ;D Dont get me wrong I believe in god and if the bible puts it that he cares for all his children he wouldn't put us thru something like what the Movie 2012 depectited. And oce agian all these innocent little children that havent even lived! 8)

aj

I believe in a creator. What if a giant wave knocks off 70,000 million people on the east coast or a super volcano errupts in Yellowstone and covers up a similar number. The volcano has erupted and it will again its just a matter of time.

ploughshare

It seems that the media is "willing" Nibiru, Armageddon and the Mayan predictions. Or is it the Bilderbergs and the folks attending Bohemian Grove? 

luannv8

aj...
after Noah's flood - God said he won't wipe away the world with a flood again.
so we don't have to fret over that.