estate tax

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

here's ambush reporting of teddy kennedy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbDwbUZar0o&eurl=http://hotair.com/archives/2008/04/15/hot-air-tv-teddy-kennedys-estate-tax-avoidance/

"we pay our share"

i'm assuming everyone should pay their fair share

135,000 on an estate of 300 million, they pay only 0.04% through trust funds and foundations.

why not just tax everyone the same, instead of a web of payoffs.  why, because the calibrators must remain in power because only THEY now how to offset subsidies, tax breaks, regulations etc.

amazing people keep voting for this way of thinking.  i'm thinking this is not "CHANGE" but more of the same.  if obama wants change, he should throw this guy under the bus and not his grandmother, or people who resort to their guns and religion.  teddy's ring (or boot) must have an awful lot of lip gloss on it.

i'm assuming estate planning should exempt 90% as was alluded to in an earlier post.

so why not just tax estates at 10% and get rid of all the nonsense.  it seems like this has been decided as a "FAIR" amount.  of course this wouldn't be a cobbled together, vote buying scheme.  it would reduce the need for politicians, if only a little bit.  that dude needs to dig at least one fence post hole.

blackwellfarms

I think the biggest ripoff is the private foundation.  They give million/billions not taxable in the estate and then their children run them and get paid huge wages and give little away.  There is a place but like all it is being abused.  Congress is looking into foundations but I think that is the fox and hen house thing. 

Most of the trust now are either taxed in their estate or paid gift tax on the property when placed inside the trust, but the appreciation is not taxed.  Just like most of the taxing system it needs to be updated.   

Show Dad

When it comes to estates: It's their money! Why should the government get it just because you die? Should they get your wife and kids too?

Why wait for you to die? Just let them take it now and redistribute to the rest of us who are envious of what others have.