Everybodies current favorite song

Help Support Steer Planet:

Doc

I gotta agree with some of the others.

Alison Krauss- she can do no wrong! Have seen her 4 times at the Ryman Auditorium, they used to have Bluegrass Night at the Ryman. It's pretty cool sitting on the old wood pews , listening to music where the Grand Ole Opry started.

Chris Ledoux- started listening to him in about 1980. "Cadillac Jack" an all time great.

George Strait - great singer & super nice guy. Had the pleasure of meeting him twice, outside of Nashville there used to be a place called Twitty City , after his shows he would sit around & talk with you , about horses, ropin or anything.

Telos

Zach - I'm too old for Metallica. They give me a big headache... They're good if you can tolerate the noise.

I'll have to agree with all the Alison Krauss fans. She is awesome.

My favorite Artist of the month is definately Regina Spektor. She is just unique.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/9pKujuTgtL0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/9pKujuTgtL0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Just discovered how great Nina Simone was on YouTube.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUcXI2BIUOQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GUcXI2BIUOQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

shortyjock89

Spektor has obvious talent, I'm just worried that she'll go mainstream and lose what makes her so unique. I've watched it happen to some of my favortite artists....Fall Out Boy, Panic! At the Disco, Taking Back Sunday...all those and more.  I really like Spektor's individuality and hope she retains it in the future.  We need someone like her to make it big and don't go all commercial.

shortyjock89

I forgot to add, that I really like the band Brand New, and I've been listening to Play Crack the Sky a lot lately.  It's acoustic and really sad.  Maybe give it a listen and really listen to the words.  It's pretty awesome if you ask me.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=EJxaL6iN534

Video is really patriotic too!  <hero>

Ruchian

Has anybody else listened to Justin McBride.  He is a bull rider, one of the best, who is starting to sing some.  I really like his singing, but you have to like the style to like him.

shortdawg

I play guitar and I like all kind of music - country, gospel, comtemporary christian, classic rock, rock-n-roll. The Untitled Hymn  by Chris Rice has got to be one of the most moving songs I've ever heard. Seriously, I may pick up my guitar and play Follow me by Uncle Kracker or Amazing Grace, I love good music period. Anybody ever heard of the Apologetix, man they are cool ?

stumpy

I listen to all kinds of music, but the best new song I have hear lately is by Kurtis Frick called "Lovin you is like fryin bacon naked". It is a red dirt kind of song and I gotta say that the title explains it.

AAOK

stumpy said:
I listen to all kinds of music, but the best new song I have hear lately is by Kurtis Frick called "Lovin you is like fryin bacon naked". It is a red dirt kind of song and I gotta say that the title explains it.

Stumpy,
Is this a different song than "Fryin' Bacon Nekkid" by  ROGER ALAN WADE from his album ALL LIKKERED UP?  I can't find Kurtis Frick.

http://www.rhapsody.com/rogeralanwade/alllikkeredup

DLD

Great choice aj. Today, I guess I'm gonna have to go with Ragweeds "Bang My Head". Yeah, it's that kinda day.

jimmyski

I have too many to list them all but here are a few:

Stoney LaRue - Oklahoma Breakdown
Bleu Edmondson - $50 and a Flask of Crown
Jason Boland - Proud Souls
Chris Knight - House and 90 acres
Chris LeDoux - You Just Can't See him from the Road
Ryan Bingham - Southside of Heaven

I could go on and on. I'm kind of music nut, always trying to find something new that I like but still listening to everything from Don Williams to AC/DC to Casting Crowns to Robert Earl Keen.

4Ts4H

I recently rediscovered some old LeDoux stuff that has once again become my favs.
Three in particular:

County Fair, Stampede, and Gravitational Pull

Outside of that  --  If I'm driving alone, I always crave Radar Love by Golden Earring 8)

--  When I'm partying, nothing better than Mickey Gilley's The Girls All Get Prettier At Closing Time (clapping)

--  And after I've had too much, gotta sing along to Dave Pratt!!! (thumbsup)

How many of ya out there know of Dave Pratt and the Sex Machines red vinyl albums ???

bcosu

being a younger member, i'm into the rock and stuff all though i can take country, i absolutely can't stand the oldies.
I have to say that i have some coheed and cambria and some scary kids scaring kids too. Olson's not the only one that likes them.
i'm a fan of metallica too. the black album is probably my favorite but i like one and fade to black as well.
personally, my favorite is afterlife by avenged sevenfold, that tune just seems to catch my attention.

Ruchian

4Ts4H said:
I recently rediscovered some old LeDoux stuff that has once again become my favs.
Three in particular:

County Fair, Stampede, and Gravitational Pull

I would agree that those are some of his best, not sure that I would consider them some of his old stuff, he has older songs.  I also like the real old songs of his.  The ones like photo finsh, bad brahma bull, etc, you know the stuff that is more cowboy/western than country.

shorthorns r us

The LeDoux family owes Garth Brooks a debt of gratitude for making Chris LeDoux a household name.  He went from near anonymity with a decent cult following to widespread fame once Garth released "Much too Young".  I went from the only guy in town with a LeDoux cassette to a purchasing consultant for everyone else.  It was gratifying to have those guys that had told me to "turn that goat roper crap off" come ask me for advice.  I just told them that, "I didn't think they liked that goat roper crap."

Ruchian

I'm sure that Much Too Young did help a lot.  It probably also help Ledoux when they started to sing together.  It don't understand why more people didn't like him before.  He was fun to see in concert too.  I saw one of his last concerts and it was one of the best I have ever seen.  I'm just wondering, do any of the other younger members listen to him?

shortyjock89

cbcfarms said:
being a younger member, i'm into the rock and stuff all though i can take country, i absolutely can't stand the oldies.
I have to say that i have some coheed and cambria and some scary kids scaring kids too. Olson's not the only one that likes them.
i'm a fan of metallica too. the black album is probably my favorite but i like one and fade to black as well.
personally, my favorite is afterlife by avenged sevenfold, that tune just seems to catch my attention.

AAAHHH yeah, someone else knows who Coheed and SKSK are.  Awesome.  They are two of my favorite bands right now.  I like some of Avenged sevenfold's stuff too, mostly stuff from Bat Country.

Ruchian- I was raised on Cris Ledoux, and my dad was blaring the Greatest Hits cassette on the old stereo the other day.  I like his stuff a lot.  Stampede is one that givew me goosbumps, but I like all his stuff.

Davis Shorthorns

Right now I like Reckless Kelly's when the Snow Falls Down or Vancouver because it is just starting to get hot and I hate the heat!!!!

Superblocker

I like all of Montgomery/Gentry's songs. Don't tell my wife cause I'd never admit it to her,( she worships him ), but Tracy Lawrence has had some great songs through the years too.

KCK

Buckcherry- Sorry
James Otto- Just Got Started Loving You
Britney Spears- Break the Ice or whatever it is called
Blake Shelton- Home