Everybodies current favorite song

Help Support Steer Planet:

aj

I've got an old albumn called "the legend of jesse james".Contributors were Levon Helm,Johnny Cash,Emmylou Harris, Charlie Daniels,Rosanne Cash,Rodney Crowell and others.Am I the only oddball that has it? It was put out probably 1980. The jacket has A&M records and a Rondor music label on it. Northfield -the disaster is a cool song. It is a concept album I guess. stumpy's "frying bacon naked" is quite a concept. A scary image to me. ;D

red

hey, I have a record of bagpipe music! At my grandmother's funeral they actually had a bagpipe player. No try & beat that!

AJ- I think in my stack of albums I have that record too. Trouble is no turntable anymore.

Also thanks for turning me on to cross canadian ragweed! Love them! Listening to 17 right now.

Red

ShowStopper

Turkey Creek Ranch said:
Alabama-Cross Canadian Ragweed
Gin And Juice-The Gourds
Holler Back-The Lost Trailers
jimmyski said:
Stoney LaRue - Oklahoma Breakdown
Bleu Edmondson - $50 and a Flask of Crown

Im with ya both on all of these I will have to add
White Trash Story - Casey Donahew Band
So Close Now - Eli Young Band
Amos Moses - CCR

I'll have to go listen to Dry Country. I've never heard of them before.

TMJ Show Cattle

Ok RED, you said "try to bet that"  ........You guys are all missing what I grew up on...POLKAS!!!! My girls think I'm NUTS when we are in the barn and the polka show comes on...my mom used to dance around the kitchen...I dance around the barn!! (clapping) (lol) But I still love ol' Hank Jr , Charlie Danials.....reminds me of my college days.......DON"T ASK!!! (lol) (angel) (angel)

minimoo38

i listen to a huge variety of music. these are some of the artists in my library: AC/DC, AFI, Alan Jackson, Anthony Smith, Avenged Sevenfold, Big & Rich, Brooks & Dunn, Carrie Underwood, Celine Dion, Chad Brock, Cher, Chris Cagle, Coldplay, Cowboy Troy, Creeedence Clearwater Revival, D12, Daddy Yankee, Daughtry, Def Leppard, Emerson Drive, Eminem, Fall Out Boy, Finger Eleven, Garth Brooks. Gary Allan, George Strait, Good Charlotte, Gretchen Wilson, Guns N' Roses, Hinder, Jason Aldean, Jimi Hendrix, Josh Gracin, Josh Turner, Juanes, Kanye West, Keith Urban, Kenny Chesney, Korn, Linkin Park, Little Big Town, Ludacris, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Marilyn Manson, Metallica, Montgomery Gentry, Nelly, Nickelback, Nirvana, Ozzy Osbourne, Panic! at the Disco, Papa Roach, Poison, Powerman 5000, Puddle of Mudd, Quiet Riot, Rascal Flatts, Rihanna, Rodney Atkins, Sean Paul, Seether, Shakira, Shania Twain, Sixx:A.M., Stone Temple Pilots, The Offspring, Three Days Grace, Tim McGraw, Toby Keith, Trace Adkins, 3 Doors Down, 50 Cent.

i have a song for just about everything.  ;D

garybob

I offer a quote:

"There's only two kinds of Music: Good, and, Bad."

Ray Charles, after releasing his album "Modern Sounds in Country and Western Music".

Couldn't be summed up, any better than that.

GB

ELBEE

Davis Shorthorns said:
reno1014 said:
No one better than George Strait.  Anything he sins is awesome!

George Strait is no sinner!!!!   (lol)

I like the style of shirts he wears too! (plain button down collars)  Oh!, If I could only hear him do a rendition of "All I need is the air that I breath, and to love you"

SKF

ANY THING FROM  FALL OUT BOY OR PANIC ! AT THE D ISCO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <party> <alien> ;D    FROM VICTORIA <party>

showgirl2010

I stick with the country and classic rock.  My absoulute favorite song at the moment is WE RODE IN TRUCK by LUKE BRYAN and pretty much and other songs i also like nikleback and a few other random songs.  As far as liking the same music as my parents...my dad cranks his radio louder than me with country or cl rock and the rest of my family like country.

Jamie

aj

I went to the sand creek massacre site today(to a deal sponsored by the boulder chapter) of the colorado anthropology assn.(amateurs). Anyway..I came back home cross country. My god those eastern colorado people are tough. Short grass...no wheat...the only time it rains in that country is when they get baseball size hail.Anyway...got to listen to John Prines anthology albumn. Came across a little song called "its a big ole goofy world."Wow...so simple yet so descriptive of life. It woulf be something I'd like played at my funeral if I don't live forever. Maybe the 3 foster's beer had something to do with it. But if you ever get to feeling sorry for yourself get off interstate in eastern colorado and take a look around how those people survive a tough enviroment. And listen to some John Prine. ;D

Telos

This has certainly been a fun thread AJ with discoveries and a rediscovery of some of the greats.

Prine is one of those song writers I had to rediscover in order to appreciate his talent. I have YouTubed everyones favorites and feel like I know more about their personalities.

Even though my favorites are usually songs from my youth,  I have really started to enjoy some of these newer artists. The Gourds are really out there, but reflect our culture which makes them worthy of respect. I kind of like them.