EXT

Help Support Steer Planet:

BadgerFan

trevorgreycattleco said:
I had a JLB Exacto/ EXT female that was a very high priced cow. She ended up at the sale barn because she was flat NUTS.

can't blame all that on EXT, the Exactos were honky too.

mark tenenbaum

I had to help a friend load an EXT Bull that was breaking fences and fighting with everything in sight-the cows he had were NUTS-and he really takes care of them-great shape all the time. I would touch any of them-sorry-they are just too stupid O0

SmithNorthside

EXT x 6807 heifer my daughter showed in 2011 FULL SIB. EMBRYOS for sale on Embryo page

Attachments

• M_Smith_5x7_DSC_0508.jpg
    M_Smith_5x7_DSC_0508.jpg
    514.6 KB · Views: 145

DL

trevorgreycattleco said:
Tom Elliot bred his cows to eat bears or at least try. All the EXT's I have been around wanted to eat anything that got to close. EXT's best trait is by far his daughters. They live a long time and have perfect udders. I have been told that at his sales, Mr. Elliott made no appologies for his cows tempermant, he wanted them mean. I had a JLB Exacto/ EXT female that was a very high priced cow. She ended up at the sale barn because she was flat NUTS. I would not sleep at night knowing I placed a cow like that with somebody else so she is hamburger. She was a beautiful cow, maybe out west on 50,000 acres would have been better for her lol.

I would expect that a cow with any brains could easily distinguish a human from a coyote - why would anyone want a cow that stupid (and mean to boot?) - ya can't fix stupid in people don't expect to fix it in cows - his accurate reputation precedes him and passes on to his offspring - life is too short to deal with pretty but mean and stupid - even with a nice udder

irishshorthorns

Aussie said:
This my only EXT cow great cow but not good when she calved and had atitude. When I would move the mob every time she would walk the other way because she could. 12 years old when photo taken. By the way that is red dirt on her back she is not a red carrier.

Looks like a really nice broody female Aussie. (clapping)

Angus2131

I love the EXT line. The females are awesome but like everyone else they are nasty (disposition) cattle!  (lol) We had one that was fine in terms of temperament. I had friend  who had a whole heard of EXT's and the high majority of them were mean. You didn't dare go into fields without being in a truck especially with calves on the ground and a couple actually took the mirror off and put a few dents in it. They are phenomenal in terms of body, udder and what not imo. Just beware of their disposition!!  (lol)

GoWyo

EXT cattle are ranch cows not farm cows.  They have a strong preservation instinct.  They calve in the brush and you find their calf at branding time or weaning time.  The mean ones are not suited to an operation where calf tagging is part of the program.  The mean ones are fine if left alone.

LostFarmer

Never had an EXT cow that wouldn't mother up to her calf.  Never had an EXT leave her calf either.  I am not sure on a farm they would work too well. 

Latest posts