"Eye of the Storm" Denver display Bull

Help Support Steer Planet:

knabe

herefordfootball said:
I sure wouldnt reccomend using an unproven bull and I never will, but some people hit homeruns by using new bulls, you never know who will be the next Heat Wave. Oh thats monopoly....but anyways...

i will recommend using unproven bulls.

Ric

I think you make a good point zach if not so many people had ever tried monopoly he wouldn't have gotten so popular so quick. At the same time if you use a bunch of unproven bulls you are really taking a lot of chances as to what you will end up with for calves. I would personally let someone else be the first to try and see what worked in that first set of calves and what did not, but if you want to be the first to strike it big like some people did with monopoly then go for it. I just figure there is enough other good proven bulls out there to experiment with and let everyone else give the new ones a go till i can see a calf out of them.

CAB

We use too many first year wonders here. That being said, in general, the more PPL that use unproven bulls the more  reason for me not to use them as long as I get a chance to see some of your's. Please share pics of your's.

horseshoe b

i wonder how acurate that birth weight is , i  am sick of using bulls that are promoted of having a 90-96 lb bw , and then wind up pulling 120 lb calves .

jackpotcattle

CAB and zach make good points. We to dabble with too many bulls, but then again we have a few more cows to play with so we take a chance on a few. I also just want to throw this out there (and i don't know why we do it) but when we try new bulls they don't get bred to the best cows, so if they impress us they must be pretty good. Kind of like Heat Wave 1, his first couple years ppl were saying his calves were terrible compared to ole HW, but I honestly believe that is just because he was getting bred to the poorer cows.

wsc

not sure what all the talk is about on this bull, not dowin him or the breeder but come on guys he just dosint have much grow in him boys and girls he would have steered and made a nice one im just not seein it as a bull.    But good luck in DENVER boys and have fun... WSC

Telos

I think genetically the bull is right on the money (Heat Wave, WMW, Charolaise) and will be very capable of producing a good one. Just like all your clubby bulls, it will be how he gets complimented with a particular type cow. Might work well on Shorthorns... You wouldn't have to worry about color.

The banner is very well done with a great look. One of the best I've seen.

spanky

Telos    you hit the nail on the head. You really need to study the cow side on this sire.Will work very well for shorthorn or charlois. yep and it takes good cows to make good calfs no matter what the sire is.

feeder duck

I think he could be a type changer. He just scares the heck out of me on calving problems. I would like to see him in stud melted down. I'll let someone else be the first, if he works we will use him on some horns.

Jeff