Favorite AI Sires

Help Support Steer Planet:

Turkey Creek Ranch

I am was just wondering what everyones favorite AI sire or sires are.

You Can include a link of them if you want ;)

pigguy

Dr.Who, who made who females,  and i have seen about 75 awsome calves out of duramax this fall

ZNT

I http://bullbarn.com/clubepd.asp?ID=186know most of you have never heard of him, but my favorite A.I. sire is CTR Success.  He is a Chiangus sire raised by Cedar Top Ranch in Nebraska.  2 of our donor cows are out of this sire.  I have never had a sire produce more consistant, yet functional replacements as he has.  I can not seem to find a sire that does not work on them, and they milk better than anything on the place.  We have had great success in the showring with these daughters too.

Here's a link to him. 

http://bullbarn.com/clubepd.asp?ID=186 

shortyisqueen

Still a big fan of Sonny. (On a controversial topic, I think he's proof that they don't have to be PHA or TH positive to sire something that can be competitive).

I see a couple of your posts list Doctor Who as your favorite. I'd really like to try some of him out this coming spring. What have the birthweights been like on yours?

Joe Boy

I think the answer wound depend on a persons needs at the time.

The best bull I have ever bred a cow to was BOOTMAKER.  He was deceased at the time and that has been back in 1982.  It cost 500 at the time and he was a black Holstein bull.

For a club calf bull in keeping with my desire to raise Maines, would be Lifeline.

For a bull to raise heifers from and to breed to heifers would be ALI, followed by a bull probably few would use, Hummer.  I also like all my Nike heifers.
This fall I will breed all my heifers to Hard Core and all my cows to Ransom.

For next year I am considering Money Maker on the heifers and Oklahoma Storm on the cows.

If I were a shorthorn breeder I would use the Blanco bull that has been posted here some and Sin City....which I used last year some to get some out crossed club calves and the jury is still out.....

There are so many bulls that I have liked over the year for one trait or another that it would be hard to say.  I loved the cattle out of Sugar Ray but not the disposition.  I loved the disposition from Cunia and the star we got on some, but I wanted them thicker ( I did not use him directly but bought them from a breeder).

CAB

ZNT, I've seen & heard more about this bull in the last 6 months than all the previous time put together. How are the cattle for structure out of him? I went to the site, but they didn't have a pedigree for him. Can you shed any light on that & how old of a bull is he?
  I would also like to know what everyone thinks the best, most consitant bull would be to use that is out of Sonny 8114? Thank you in advance. Cab

OH Breeder

Sonny - really like what he does. Saw his full brother in person. Nice looking bull- Epic.
Gizmo best calver and hardy calves.
I am looking at older maine Red Knight and shorty genetics like TPS Coronet LEader 21st and Kinnebar Leader 9th.
Like my Sonny son out of cherry vision cow. TH and PH F and is consistent as can be. throws same hip, usually a lot of hair and big ribbed females. He was a great clean up bull.
I am trying Hide and Watch this year and Grizzley Rose( breeding for terminal) out cross simm cow.
Dream On and 3C macho as well for my XX breds.
My clean up was an about time son out of a chi angus cow.

ZNT

CAB said:
   ZNT, I've seen & heard more about this bull in the last 6 months than all the previous time put together. How are the cattle for structure out of him? I went to the site, but they didn't have a pedigree for him. Can you shed any light on that & how old of a bull is he?
  I would also like to know what everyone thinks the best, most consitant bull would be to use that is out of Sonny 8114? Thank you in advance. Cab

Here's a link to his pedigree on the ACA website.  http://www.acaregistry.org/detail.aspx?reg=276412

Success is a registered Chiangus out of Impulse.

The cattle are structurally very sound, and are able to be bred without much concern of structural issues in their offspring.  We have bred our Success females to Hardcore, Who Made Who, Heatwave, and Hannibal.  Every mating has worked out for us.  We have a Hardcore heifer out of one of our Success cows that is about as good of Hardcore as I've seen out there.  She is a full sister to ZNT Triple X.

RSC

ZNT said:
CAB said:

Here's a link to his pedigree on the ACA website.  http://www.acaregistry.org/detail.aspx?reg=276412

Success is a registered Chiangus out of Impulse.

The cattle are structurally very sound, and are able to be bred without much concern of structural issues in their offspring.  We have bred our Success females to Hardcore, Who Made Who, Heatwave, and Hannibal.  Every mating has worked out for us.  We have a Hardcore heifer out of one of our Success cows that is about as good of Hardcore as I've seen out there.  She is a full sister to ZNT Triple X.

ZNT Here is a picture of a Success heifer that some close friends of mine just purchased.  She is out of a PB Char.  Success works great on Char, no rat-tails and the calving ease is pretty good as well.

RSC

Attachments

• Lot 1 New Final.jpg
    Lot 1 New Final.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,010

strawroanlova

oh god just to name ten
1 salute
2 eclipse
3 doublestuff
4 moody blues
5 doctor who
6 about time
7 anylize this
8 bold statement

yeah i no im a fan of the shorthorns

shortdawg

Thanks Joe Boy for the kudos on my bull . He will see heavy use in 08.

My favorite would have to be WHR Sonny. I have a lot of his genetics in my herd and have seen some really great females and bulls out of him over the years. He is and always will be the real deal.

Doc

CF Primo- like my calves this year
NPS Durango - crosses well with Trump
Pa Do Boxer - good cattle
Calberta Black Impact
old Irish shorthorn sires that make super momma cows;
Guiness
Prime Time
Irish Mist

afhm

For me its Meyer 734, Draft Pick, Cunia, 6807, Full Flush, Full Throttle, Irish Whiskey, Heat Wave and clones, Payback, Double Vision, Double Stuff, Carney Man, Chill Factor, Hannibal, Heat Seeker, Anchor, Embalzon and Macho to name a few.

P-F

Cunia 602, DJ Salution, Emblazon, Missing Link, Anchor and I think we may try Carnac?
Flushing to Emulation 31, Rainmaker 654X, Emblazon, meyer, Emulation 5522, EXT, 6807

justme

I've seen some AWESOME CTR Success cows out in Nebraska...I bred a bunch to him (never thought I'd use a chi again but did)

Here's my list:
Witch Dr.
Iceman
Calberta Hustler
Knight Rider
Popular Haven Smithbilt