Favorite steer

Help Support Steer Planet:

Rustynail

I  have became it total pic junkie. I really like looking a pictures of all the great stock everyone has.  We have had new calf pics and others ,but now I would like to see your favorite show calf pic.  Steer or heifer.  Notice I said favorite not best or most successful.

Bawndoh

I love these two.  You can see how much dimension they possess from these angles.  Anyone know whose steers they were anyways??

Attachments

• 101_Texas_Hold_Em_Habeger_3_email.jpg
    101_Texas_Hold_Em_Habeger_3_email.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 857

oakbar

Not the best pictures but I'll send them anyway. They didn't win any majors--the roan heifer stood second in class to the reserve champion at the Iowa State Fair junior show--but from personality,etc. they have become farm favorites.  Best thing is that they both have good calves on the ground and are both good mommas!!
The roan and my daughter Allix were also featured in an IPTV show last summer.  If you want to see it look up IPTV.com and then go the Iowa State Fair collection and look up State Fair prep winner.  We also really like the heifer pictured in our avatar!!

Attachments

• IMG_9641.JPG
    IMG_9641.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 830
  • IMG_9641.JPG
    IMG_9641.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 834

oakbar

oops.  attached the same picture twice.    Here's the other one!!

Attachments

• IMG_9643.JPG
    IMG_9643.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 811

showsteerdlux

On the 2 steers. The first stayed in tx, I saw a pic of him where he won simmental division(TJLA) show yesterday but now I cant remember what website. The 2nd one looks like a paddy o malley bull that tony austin had but I could be mistaken.

ZNT

That 101 steers looks just like a steer that Collins had for sale in the Private Treaty Sale last year.  Maybe there is another one, but this one looks very familar.  I am not sure about the smokey steer.

kane1598

I know that the red and white calf was sold by Bonham, and he is sired by Habegers Texas Hold'em, and that the smoke calf was bred by Clevengers in Texas.

Bawndoh

http://www.bonhamshowcattle.com/
Hmmmm, yeah I would say they sold him...lol. 

What does everyone think of these steers?

farmboy

Bawndoh said:
http://www.bonhamshowcattle.com/
Hmmmm, yeah I would say they sold him...lol. 

What does everyone think of these steers?

i would love to have all of them but im not bill gates lmao, great steers though, think i might put some texas hold em on my semen list

oh, and how did the 101 steer end up ; made him my computer wallpaper ;)

stick

my favorite steer

Attachments

• bs022.jpg
    bs022.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 771

Dusty

stick said:
my favorite steer
I wonder if he was stylish, sound, hairy and had good bone??????  A "prime" example of why show cattle really don't have anything to do with real cattle....

showgirl2010

Dusty said:
stick said:
my favorite steer
I wonder if he was stylish, sound, hairy and had good bone??????  A "prime" example of why show cattle really don't have anything to do with real cattle....

I dont agree with that.  Our show heifers have to be good enough to go into the pasture and work for us too. Same with bulls.

Jamie

Ruebush Shorthorns

I made that red and white steer my desktop background back when he was for sale.  I love the color and mass of him.  I would love to see a pic of him finished out. 

red

This is the only steer I have so he's my favorite!

Attachments

• 100_1820.jpg
    100_1820.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 640

Bawndoh

Ruebush Shorthorns said:
I made that red and white steer my desktop background back when he was for sale.  I love the color and mass of him.  I would love to see a pic of him finished out. 

I totally agree.  He looks like a good fat steer AND a good show steer.  I think this is what show steers should look like anyways.  There is getting to be too many shallow boddied, goose necked calves that you have to feed "special" expensive rations to make them look like anything.  Bonham definately has a WHALE of a set of calves, and they are all presented VERY well.  Marketing, Marketing, Marketing!

oakbar

I'm sure glad someone else put some pictures of their own calves on here--I was starting to feel like an idiot for putting pictures of our heifers on here some time ago.

Really the original thread did say "steers or heifers"  and if I look long and hard enough I can usually tell the difference.  Not bad for an Iowegian!!

chambero

The red and white steer in an earlier photo went to a big-time showing family around Austin (the Tuckers).  They won overall at Fort Worth in 06 and have had several breed champions at majors.  I don't know what the steer did at our majors this year (or even if he was showed at one), but he was a champion or reserve Simmental at our TJLA Fall Classic over Thanksgiving.