Favorite steer

Help Support Steer Planet:

Ruebush Shorthorns

There is a side view picture of the Red and White Texas  Holdem steer in the National Livestock Exhibitor on page 117 for anyone that wants to check it out.  It has the originla picture underneath it also.  I still like that picture the best!!!  The page is a ad for Texas Holdem.

doubled

Loved this steer broke my heart when we sold him- his name was Bear

Attachments

• pictures 032.jpg
    pictures 032.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 502

fluffer

This is Buster.  One of the nephews steers this year.
This is his "sale" picture.

Fluffer

Attachments

• Buster.jpg
    Buster.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 524

Bawndoh

fluffer said:

Fluffer

He is a total cutie...or "hottie" if I was a heifer. (lol).  He looks like he is going to be one heck of a shorty.  Congrats to your nephew picking out a darn good calf!!

fluffer

I probably shouldn't say this, but I am gonna anyways....
My nephew never saw that calf till he set foot into his barn,  My hubby and I got the steer for him (after I SWORE I wouldn't get that kid another calf b/c he won't take care of them) There are people on here, including myself who would have killed for a show steer that nice, and my nephew has barley got the thing broke enough to show one time.  He is in mud and manure all day long and the only time he gets looked at is if he is standing next to the bunk when feed gets tossed in.  It makes me see red everytime I go out to that barn that my nephew who wanted a good shorthorn so darn bad, now he could care less.  He is old enough to be able to take care of a steer.  I made my husband promise NO MORE!  When our kids are old enough to show we will get them good ones, we aren't wasting our time or energy on this one anymore.  the other thing that burns me up is that his lack or care or respect for his steers looks bad on my husband and I.  We don't even bother fitting the steers anymore.  We don't want involved!
Ok, thanks for letting me vent :)

Fluffer

fluffer

shortyisqueen said:
Very nice steer, Fluffer. What is his pedigree, if you don't mind me asking?

fluffer said:

Fluffer

I have drawn a COMPLETE blank on the steer.  We STILL haven't gotten his papers back but he is either a Vegas or SinCity.  He is a PB.  I am real sorry, I will let you know when I confirm what he is  ::)

Fluffer

Jill

We were really lucky, we showed with our niece and nephew before we had kids and they are some of the funnest times of our lives, they worked hard and won a lot and it was a really good experience for all of us, sorry it didn't work out the same for you.

fluffer

Thanks Jill,

He is a great kid when he is with us, but at home he wants to play video games.  Oh well, We will just have to make sure we don't push our kids too much out of frustration ;D

fluffer

red

we have 2 of the greatest nephews ever. althought they are both past showing age & married they still help at shows & others. I sometimes look at them as my own. They were raised right.

Red

fluffer

red said:
we have 2 of the greatest nephews ever. althought they are both past showing age & married they still help at shows & others. I sometimes look at them as my own. They were raised right.

Red

That is really great Red! 

Latest posts