Fire Dangers

Help Support Steer Planet:

showsteerdlux

I just got home from a large structure fire that required 20 fire departments, 175 firefighters,cks. in the 4 hours I stayed on scene we pumped out a few hundred thousand gallons of water. This being said the structure was a barn and contained what was a car garage. The owners spilled fuel and started a car which caused a spark and now the barn, 2 homes and approx. 10 vehicles are nothing but ashes.  In the winter many people keep tractors inside barns and aren't careful enough with letting them cool,etc.. Just please watch your barns because as everyone knows they can go up very quickly. After burning for 10 minutes this structure had flames over fifty feet in the air. Please stay safe and take the extra steps to prevent fires like these.

Show Dad

First, Thank you for being a firefighter. I assume since you didn't mention it that there was no loss of life and hopefully no serious injuries.

But you are right we need to pay attention to those combustibles and how we store them.

Rocky Hill Simmental

Fire safety is extremely important. Nobody expects a fire to happen to them but it can happen to anyone.

My dad's auto repair shop burned down a few years ago. It was small and filled with junk. Some old shop towls caught on fire and took it all. My uncle got burned a little but nothing serious. There was drums of gasoline on the side and we worried about those exploding. We tried to get it with the hoes but we ran out of power so the water wouldn't run. It was a holiday and it took the fire department an hour to get there. They said if there would have been an explosion, it probably would have burned our house and barn (and the barn was filled with calves at the time). Luckly, it wasn't too dry at the time too.

We built it back and tried to have as little fire hazards as possible. My uncle made sure of that. lol

I guess it just sometimes takes a little bit of bad things happening to teach us to be more careful.

Thank you for being a firefighter.