fire near my town

Help Support Steer Planet:

milkmaid56

southern california is gettin hit wiht the fires pretty bad today... my whole town is under mandatory evacuation and the only highway out of town is in gridlock, and theres too many cattle on our property to fit in the trailer, so my mom and dad are staying, they have a fire hydrant all hooked up... if and once the embers start coming hes gonna keep the cows/house wetted down... im up at college bout five hours away and its killing me not knowing whats going on.  its really really smoky, should i be worried about smoke inhilation damage??  sorry if i sound paranoid... but my dairy cow is there and shes 4 mos pregnant and her and her calf are really important to me... i (cow)

Joe Boy

You and your family and all that are affected are in my prayers.

I have been praying for the drought part of our country and now I am adding California fires....

Bless your heart.....

milkmaid56

everthing is chaos here... my house is okay the fire forked about one mile away from it and its going away from us.  went through our friends calf ranch... they couldnt get any calves out. :'( my best friends family is checking on where they send there heifers to get bred and it was right in the part of the area that got it really bad... not much hope there. several of my friends houses are gone, and the fire is not even close to being put out. 

knabe

some day, americans will hold environmentalists to account for not allowing thinning, logging etc.  with the super fires almost being the norm, it is a crying shame that trees that harvest CO2 can't be guaranteed a use that will tie up the carbon and instead must be used for a forest fire.  zero tolerance is no longer an answer.  when federal and state law only encourage encroachment of tillable land by rivers and poor bridge design which catch debris during a flood, it's past time to hold environmentalists to account for this as well as a policy which has turned this nation into a net importer of food.  california is an importer of milk supposedly if you can believe that with the largest herd i believe of any state.  we are almost out of water, just like georgia, yet we keep letting people into this country both legally and illegally.  the tipping point has already been passed.  all we are waiting on is the breaking point.  some forests will never recover.  just saw that stupid report on 60 minutes last night about forest fires by the actor/reporter who has a professional outrage look on his face.  can't believe NOT ONE word out of his mouth about logging, thinning etc.  some of these forests now provide no shade and their replacement, bare dirt, will only add to global warming which environmentalists are unaware they are causing as well as the earth's rotational axis and the sun's output.  will the american public do anything?  no, they are too worried about election returns that guarantee the personality cult.  consensus, smensus, and to quote a democratic rally cry, "it's time for them to go"

Telos

I feel for those impacted by the fires.

Wow, Knabe... I think that was the first time I understood what you were trying to convey. I feel at least 35% smarter today. Thanks.

milkmaid56

just got word that our friends ranch burned with about 200 head of cattle... fires are heading towards the coast.  still windy... news is saying 500 houses are burned.  just an fyi.

jason

Prayers to you and your family as well as everyone affected. 

(we really need to get an angel smiley)