for all the photoshop folks

Help Support Steer Planet:

Dixie

I would appreciate any suggestions on what photoshop product to purchase. My intent is basically to remove unwanted items or people ( the ones that happen to just walk behind an animal while you are taking the pic at a show etc.) from the backgrounds of some pics. and of course the occasional halter removal. I am not interested in doctoring the appearance of the animal, I like the what you see is what you get philosophy when it comes to my stock. I do not think I need anything elaborate, but would like something that is good quality and will get the job done. From previous posts on SP you guys can answer this question better than any employee in the software department  ;D

bluffcountrycattle

Take a look at the Corel Paint Shop Pro product line...I think the learning curve is easier than photoshop, and it can be bought much more reasonable!  I think version 12 is in the stores, but you may want to check out ebay for a slightly older version that you can pick up dirt cheap.  Last I checked, I think the newest version was around $60 on sale.  It can do anything I want it to really...only limited by my abilities.  I had an old microsoft product that really worked well and was cheap...but it wasn't vista compatible on my new pc.  Check around, as most any newer graphics program can do what you need it to...

Bawndoh

Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0, 6.0, or 7.0.  They are under $100 bucks these days.  I could teach you how to use the program a bit if you want.  I run 4 photoshop programs, so its just another day for me! 

Latest posts