Frost free Nose Pumps

Help Support Steer Planet:

Shady Lane

I am wondering if anybody has first hand experience using a Frost Free Nose Pump watering system?

I am considering building a winter watering system using an existing dugout on my farm, I have looked at a few of the manufacturers websites and of course they all claim they work wonderfully and are compeltely trouble free!

(lol)

But some real world experience would be appreciated.

This thing has to survive a Saskatchewan winter and down to -40 or so.

There are some models built in Western Canada so I'm assuming they should be up to the task.

Anybody ever use one of these?

Frostfree

Hello Shady, it's Jeff from Frostfree Nosepumps Ltd here. Can't sleep tonight and stumbled onto your thread from a few years back. Sad to see that you didn't get any response from your query but we have many of our pumps in Saskatchewan. If you want to contact us directly we could give you some referrals in your area to get ahold of.  Our website is www.frostfreenosepumps.com and our toll free number is 1-866-843-6744.  Thank you for your interest.

Shady Lane

I Installed a Frost Free Nose Pump, in the late fall of 2011. It's been working well so far and it was easy to train the cows to use it.

Frostfree

Well I'm very happy to hear that.  It's always gratifying to hear from a happy customer.  We are coming to Farm Progress in June this year as well as Agribition in November.  Hope to see you there if you have plans to attend.

CAB

I am curious about how long it takes for a cow to pump her own water supply. If a person has a larger # of cows it seems like there may be quite a wait and fight around the water pump.