Ft. Worth heifer champions

Help Support Steer Planet:

stangs13

Ii was a huge fan of Dave Allens shorthorn heifer...she was flat awesome...don't know if she won the whole thing...I know she won her class. I really liked the simmental champion...she was bad looking in the washrack though. Our heifer hurt herself badly and we were stuck 8 out of 14 in my sim class...she would have been top 3 at least if she hadn't of hurt herself on the trailer. I was in cattlebarn 4 and that had a great set of cattle in it with many champions from this year and last.

sawboss

My sons had a good time at the show.  The youngest won his class with a 1-26-08 Brangus and was beat in Division by the eventual Breed Champion and Reserve Breed Champion both coming from his Division.  This is his third year in a row to win his class with a Brangus and fail to get over that hump and place in Division.  Brangus Champion was an awesome animal.  The oldest son placed second in his class with his 1-15-08 Angus heifer, no luck in Division.  The Angus Breed Champion was one of the best females I have seen, truly beautiful. 

NHR

stangs13 said:
Ii was a huge fan of Dave Allens shorthorn heifer...she was flat awesome...don't know if she won the whole thing...I know she won her class. I really liked the simmental champion...she was bad looking in the washrack though. Our heifer hurt herself badly and we were stuck 8 out of 14 in my sim class...she would have been top 3 at least if she hadn't of hurt herself on the trailer. I was in cattlebarn 4 and that had a great set of cattle in it with many champions from this year and last.

Dave Allens heifer was Grand Champion Shorthorn, she is good.

We had the Late Spring Heifer Calf Reserve Champion Shorthorn Heifer, and we had 3 other heifers that we bred and sold that were 3rd in their classes.

stangs13

The Show said:
I got 3rd in a tough Simmi class. All my genetics go back to the grand champion simmi.

Her pedegree is different that what you will usually see. What class were you in?

AStar

Dan Crownover with a Dajs All Star Daughter. This is the 3rd consecutive year an All Star daughter has won Ft.Worth. There were 2 All Stars entered this year, 2 last year and 1 in 08'. Last year there were 3 shown in the junior show at houston. They were all Division Champs and ended up with the Grand and Reserve Grand. I raised the Grand and Satree raised the reserve. The other Division Champ was raised by Geye.This bull just flat-out gets it done. I own this bull if anyone wants semen.

OH Breeder

AStar said:
Dan Crownover with a Dajs All Star Daughter. This is the 3rd consecutive year an All Star daughter has won Ft.Worth. There were 2 All Stars entered this year, 2 last year and 1 in 08'. Last year there were 3 shown in the junior show at houston. They were all Division Champs and ended up with the Grand and Reserve Grand. I raised the Grand and Satree raised the reserve. The other Division Champ was raised by Geye.This bull just flat-out gets it done. I own this bull if anyone wants semen.

what is All star and where can he be viewed? Picture?

#14282015 reg ?? Angus

The Show

[/quote]

Her pedegree is different that what you will usually see. What class were you in?
[/quote]
Well yeah it's different, but I have a herd of about 20 cows and their all Fields genetics. The grand was Dulcie Fields(Fields Cattle Co.) They don't have the biggest operation but all their calves are very high quality and all of mine tie into theirs in some way. I was in class 369.

AStar

OH Breeder said:
AStar said:

what is All star and where can he be viewed? Picture?

#14282015 reg ?? Angus

OH Breeder you got the right reg#. He is a Famous 7001 out of a Saugahatchee ground sow. He was the Ft.worth Champion bull in 04' and bull Calf Champ in Denver 04', Reserve grand Reno 04'. He is in SEK Genetics new Catalogue. He makes great females with perfect udders and huge bodies. We are showing a cool looking son out of him on saturday at the open show.

stangs13

[/quote]
Well yeah it's different, but I have a herd of about 20 cows and their all Fields genetics. The grand was Dulcie Fields(Fields Cattle Co.) They don't have the biggest operation but all their calves are very high quality and all of mine tie into theirs in some way. I was in class 369.
[/quote]
I was the class before yours I think...I don't remember. She was a nice one and well represented..I am going to have to look into them.  Do they have a web site?

CJC

shortdawg said:
Anybody know where that Shorty came from ? Her breeding ?

I believe she came from Sullivan's. Dave use to work for them. Him and Dan are good good friends.