Ft. Worth heifer champions

Help Support Steer Planet:

jsull

the champion horn was a primo  x  e.g. sable  she sold for 6000. in the  sullivan and gana no bull sale last march she was lot 12c.

The Show

Her pedegree is different that what you will usually see. What class were you in?

Well yeah it's different, but I have a herd of about 20 cows and their all Fields genetics. The grand was Dulcie Fields(Fields Cattle Co.) They don't have the biggest operation but all their calves are very high quality and all of mine tie into theirs in some way. I was in class 369.

I was the class before yours I think...I don't remember. She was a nice one and well represented..I am going to have to look into them.  Do they have a web site?

No not any more. I don't know really how you could get in contact with them. We no longer deal with them. How'd you do?

stangs13

The Show said:
Her pedegree is different that what you will usually see. What class were you in?

Well yeah it's different, but I have a herd of about 20 cows and their all Fields genetics. The grand was Dulcie Fields(Fields Cattle Co.) They don't have the biggest operation but all their calves are very high quality and all of mine tie into theirs in some way. I was in class 369.

I was the class before yours I think...I don't remember. She was a nice one and well represented..I am going to have to look into them.  Do they have a web site?

No not any more. I don't know really how you could get in contact with them. We no longer deal with them. How'd you do?

Alright thanks, I was wondering. We were halfway in the class. She was injured on the trailer ride over, and we never got it fixed up in time for the show, and she went really lame, she would have stood top 3 easy if it wasnt for that leg! It decided it was going to get really bad that morning, and she wouldnt put any pressure on it when we got into the show ring...it was a sad site to say the least, my dad was so mad he had to leave the stands, haha. Again, that shorthorn was great!

The Show

Alright thanks, I was wondering. We were halfway in the class. She was injured on the trailer ride over, and we never got it fixed up in time for the show, and she went really lame, she would have stood top 3 easy if it wasnt for that leg! It decided it was going to get really bad that morning, and she wouldnt put any pressure on it when we got into the show ring...it was a sad site to say the least, my dad was so mad he had to leave the stands, haha. Again, that shorthorn was great!
That sucks. My calf is just a little short strided naturally, but I had several people(even a few I didn't know) tell me that I should have got second.

stangs13

That sucks. My calf is just a little short strided naturally, but I had several people(even a few I didn't know) tell me that I should have got second.

There were quite a few different people that were not agreeing with the judge...There were some calves that I didnt think needed to be at the top in some classes. Its an unfortunate event, but we will get it fixed by san antonio hopefully. She will get put on a joint supplement till we see fit. We will do what it takes to get her back on track. Justin, she has been out in the pasture for 2 days now, we bring her in for feed only...we are letting her heal up, she is getting better for sure, smooth striding and standing correctly..wont take any chances and we will get Natural Stride for her.

Simmimom

Be careful... Natural Stride is not labelled for breeding heifers (if I'm thinking of the right product!!!).  I thought you were going to breed her after  San Antonio or Houston????  I bought it by mistake once when I was looking for a mineral called Stride.  Sorry the show didn't turn out the way you wanted.  Young ladies from our FFA chapter ended up Senior Reserve Calf Simmental and Jr. Reserve Calf in Brahman, but the rest didn't place as well.  Better luck in San Antoinio (of course we hope to do well there)

stangs13

I am pretty sure it is safe. I will look back into it though. Its quite a bit more expensive than Sullivans Stride, I did hear about that heifer from your school, good deal.  I will be getting her bred then, if not between now and San Antonio. I get sick just thinking about it!! Brian liked her a whole lot. You need to take a look at the ABC heifer he has at the side of that simbrah cow..shes one good rip. I will be making an appointment to head his way soon.

The Show

I really liked the woman judge that did the shorthorns, beefmasters, and idk what else. I agreed on everything she did in the shorthorn show, and for the most part on the beefmasters.

stangs13

I agree with you about the woman judge..a really good job. BTW Simmimom, Brian won the simbrah show again with that same Simbrah that he won with last year...shes one fantastic cow now.

chambero

Yep.  My son is showing a black calf and well have a pen of heifer pairs there for the sale.

The Show

I think it's the week of the 8th...same week as the SA heifer show but don't quote me on that.

chambero

Fort Worth Steer Show?  It's next week steers are in on Tuesday morning the 2nd and show the 4th and 5th.

CJC

The Show said:
I really liked the woman judge that did the shorthorns, beefmasters, and idk what else. I agreed on everything she did in the shorthorn show, and for the most part on the beefmasters.

Who was she?