Attachments

• IMG_0960.jpg
    IMG_0960.jpg
    544.8 KB · Views: 29

doc-sun

Medium Rare said:
doc-sun said:
JANUARY 2022 FULLBLOOD MAINE WITH BOTH SIRE AND DAM REGISTERED AS 3/4 SHORTHORN

What are your plans for this heifer and what is her pedigree?
https://maine-anjou.digitalbeef.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=_animal&file=_animal&animal_registration=532965

THINKING OF GETTING HER BRED TO AN ANGUS BULL ASAP AFTER JANUARY 2022 THEN IVF HER TO A MAINE BULL THAT I WANT MATING ON

https://maine-anjou.digitalbeef.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=_animal&file=_animal&animal_registration=1406

AND MAYBE PRIMO OR SIMILAR ANGUS BULL AT THE SAME TIME.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

knabe

Good or bad, epl prospector 242p is the only way to get vainqueur on a registration paper.

Attachments

• IMG_8005.PNG
    IMG_8005.PNG
    590 KB · Views: 31

mark tenenbaum

1-87.5% at 2 months 2-2.5 months 3- Full sister just weaned  4-Real young 2 weeks or so hope he ends up made like that with all the grow

Attachments

• IMG_4151.jpg stinger heifer weaning 1.jpg
    IMG_4151.jpg stinger heifer weaning 1.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5485.jpg stinger bull less than a month.jpg
    IMG_5485.jpg stinger bull less than a month.jpg
    485.1 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4164.jpg stinger hiefer weaning 2.jpg
    IMG_4164.jpg stinger hiefer weaning 2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_5656.jpg stinger bull by the pond.jpg
    IMG_5656.jpg stinger bull by the pond.jpg
    296 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5596.jpg stinger bull 2 months and change (1) (1).jpg
    IMG_5596.jpg stinger bull 2 months and change (1) (1).jpg
    342.2 KB · Views: 20

Medium Rare

doc-sun said:
Medium Rare said:
doc-sun said:
JANUARY 2022 FULLBLOOD MAINE WITH BOTH SIRE AND DAM REGISTERED AS 3/4 SHORTHORN

What are your plans for this heifer and what is her pedigree?
https://maine-anjou.digitalbeef.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=_animal&file=_animal&animal_registration=532965

THINKING OF GETTING HER BRED TO AN ANGUS BULL ASAP AFTER JANUARY 2022 THEN IVF HER TO A MAINE BULL THAT I WANT MATING ON

https://maine-anjou.digitalbeef.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=_animal&file=_animal&animal_registration=1406

AND MAYBE PRIMO OR SIMILAR ANGUS BULL AT THE SAME TIME.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

The Primo cross sounds interesting and he's about as proven as it gets anymore. Toe length on a shallow heel bothers me a little with him, but her foot structure looks like she'd be able to handle it. Blacklist had a lot of fans and is affordable in sexed heifer semen. He has worked on a couple Shorthorn cows who looked similar to her at her age.

If I wanted to try to make some new "shorthorn" cows, I'd probably try something like Muridale Jaxson or Muridale Robert. One is Buster over Bonanza and the other is Bonanza over Buster's cow line. Both have put exceptional rib length onto cows who needed it.

If I wanted to do something fun, I might try the new bull Wade Rogers bought from Farrer called Written in Red.

654.jpg

knabe

Medium Rare said:
One is Buster over Bonanza and the other is Bonanza over Buster's cow line. Both have put exceptional rib length onto cows who needed it.

my favorite shorthorn cross by far.

Medium Rare

mark tenenbaum said:
Written in red-Hes pretty cool but he sure aint breed a heifer material O0

No, I meant to IVF with after she's bred. I wouldn't breed a heifer to any of the above and definitely not an old pedigree FB Maine heifer.

mark tenenbaum

One of the better breeding bulls I know of for just out breeding himself was Diamond Legs Id heifer plus that good maine heiferor anything like her in a minute using him.And I plan to flush the 6 month old heifer pictured just weaned to him (heifer plus) when the time comes. The Stinger heifer (sib to bull calf) in the weaning pen and her going on  14 year old dam go to Comptons How Its Done-who weighed a llegit 65 pounds and really is impressive all around I hauled him to Nichols about a month ago-Considering how hes been worked he looked really good.The picture of him is at Ohio Beef expo at less than a year The cow is pictured 4 weeks or so ago when the grass ran out  O0

Attachments

• IMG_4195.jpg jazz at 13.jpg
    IMG_4195.jpg jazz at 13.jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_1807.jpg how its done ohio.jpg
    IMG_1807.jpg how its done ohio.jpg
    551.3 KB · Views: 46

mark tenenbaum

Stinger the SDR Monument son-who worked better on Shorthorns than any other fulblood from what I saw over the years and BACK THEN.  The cow a Proud Jazz x Impact Shakerx Seven T s John female-pictured above at 13.5 years of age. Continous Low bw cow family back to 1991-When I bought Deertrail Countess. Breeding before your time-even tho she was a g daughter of Dollar 2 and born in 1986 or so.. So what if Stinger is PHA. So are alot of cattle.So are alot of really good clean ones bred out of carriers .He may be clean If not-we may  use him on a few clean ones. They are our cattle-not yours. Hes not going to breed anything anytime soon being 6 months and change old and just weaned.-Pull hair and see. Same with his sister O0

mark tenenbaum

HEY DOC SUN--Above is the old JAZZ cow and her Stingers According TO PEOPLE WHO KNOW-The bull calf is the soundest Stinger anybody has seen-For better or worse. Neither ET calf was over 85 pounds-WHICH OF YOUR BULLS WILL WORK ?  NEED DECENT BW A BUTT-AND GROW-I think you have THE BEST FULL BLOODS FOR MY TYPES THERE ARE.-(HER FAMILY IS 0 BW OR CLOSE EVERY FEMALE BACK TO 1987) and along with Jazz (Never saw a Leader 21xMaine other than hers so far ) The cows dam was old Oklahomaxold full blood, (4S Impact Shakerx Seven Ts John( who was sired by a part Maine bull from JIT) then on  back to dollar TWO. O0

doc-sun

mark tenenbaum said:
HEY DOC SUN--Above is the old JAZZ cow and her Stingers According TO PEOPLE WHO KNOW-The bull calf is the soundest Stinger anybody has seen-For better or worse. Neither ET calf was over 85 pounds-WHICH OF YOUR BULLS WILL WORK ?  NEED DECENT BW A BUTT-AND GROW-I think you have THE BEST FULL BLOODS FOR MY TYPES THERE ARE.-(HER FAMILY IS 0 BW OR CLOSE EVERY FEMALE BACK TO 1987) and along with Jazz (Never saw a Leader 21xMaine other than hers so far ) The cows dam was old Oklahomaxold full blood, (4S Impact Shakerx Seven Ts John( who was sired by a part Maine bull from JIT) then on  back to dollar TWO. O0
THANKS FOR THE INFO AND COMPLIMENT BUT NOT INTERESTED IN STINGER. NOT A FULLBLOOD MAINE BUT IF YOU COULD FIND ME SOME SDR MONUMENT OR GOLIATH'S COLORADO SEMEN........ SEE BELOW.

https://maine-anjou.digitalbeef.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=_animal&file=_animal&animal_registration=111205

Latest posts